• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reminiscing! aka the dawn of your time here

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What was the very first RP you joined here in the "Corner/Theatre"? Find your very first SU and show us, if you can ;D

If you have been a GM, what was the very first RP you created? Regardless of if it took off or not, haha.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Funny. I've actually been Revamping my first SU to bring it into the modern age. even though no one but me will ever read it yay for being crazy

The first RP I was in was War Between Pokemon and Humans (hurray for rookie RP of the year!) in 2011 and even though my writing was completely awful and I didn't much understand the rules of RPing and how to properly interact and whatnot, it was still the best RP I've ever been in.

The amount of freedom given was perfect and even though my side lost EVERY SINGLE BATTLE it never felt one sided during play.

I also learned a lot about writing from people there. Unfortunately most of them have left us, leaving me one of the longest members here! If I didn't jump new accounts!

I'll go dig up my awful 2.5 paragraph SU and edit it in.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    My very first RP is actually still running. Gunpowder is an awesome old western RP, and I've enjoyed every moment of it. It just seems to work so well. All of the current cast seem to have a blast and the skype chat is always buzzing with life. Without it, I dont think I wouldve ever enjoyed the RPing experience as much as I do now.
    As for the first RP I ever GMed...I have less fond memories. Sigma Ultra was a Sci-Fi RP set in a world that is split into a dystopia and a Utopia. I was super hyped for it, but it only got 2 SUs and died before it even got off the ground.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • The first RP I tried to join was Mysters Dungeon: The Rage of Legendaries, an old thing from way back in 2011. The character was "Mudkip", apparently nameless. The RP never actually got started.

The first RP I was actually a part of was Pokemon: The Tournament to Beat All Others, with the character Agro Merikh. As a bonus, here's his first post, AKA my first IC post on this site. I had a lot of fun with this one, what with being one of the bad guys and all. Don't know what happened, but it suddenly died. Or maybe I do know but just don't remember. Oh well.

I've never created my own RP. The first RP I ever GMed was The Legend of Zelda: The Imprisoning War. The original GM left PC, and trusted me to carry his creation forward. I... kinda drove it into the ground. It was obvious I had no idea what I was doing.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • My was first SU was, is it was for many people on here, for The da Pokemon Academy. Terrible character, even terrible-er Pokemon, literally no personality, basically the "do not" list when I am making a character for anything. Even the SU writing itself was terrible. But hey, at least the RP's still going, making him literally the oldest living character I have.

As for GMing, I've never GMed a RP, mostly because I rarely get ideas for settings and I know I'm not nearly responsible enough for the job.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow, Varys I apparently lied when I said I found my first SU on an alternate account. Turns out it really was under the name of Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers I started RPing, after all! And in the RP I've always said it was too, even though I haven't quite been sure that I was remembering correctly. June 8th, 2010!

But here it is, my (probably) very first SU in the Roleplay Corner, from A new professor in town - Kanto adventure although we had moved to Hoenn already when I signed up, haha.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5864878&postcount=1100

And the first post, then, was made the next day
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5867042&postcount=1264

I really haven't evolved much at all lmfao.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Wow, Varys I apparently lied when I said I found my first SU on an alternate account. Turns out it really was under the name of Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers I started RPing, after all! And in the RP I've always said it was too, even though I haven't quite been sure that I was remembering correctly. June 8th, 2010!

But here it is, my (probably) very first SU in the Roleplay Corner, from A new professor in town - Kanto adventure although we had moved to Hoenn already when I signed up, haha.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5864878&postcount=1100

And the first post, then, was made the next day
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5867042&postcount=1264

I really haven't evolved much at all lmfao.

I told you you're flawless since day 1! I evolved a lot from my very first post. And I mean a lot. Even I wouldn't accept myself in any RP back then.

Years
  • My first RP here was a short-lived little game called "The Elemental Stones". You can definitely see my fingerprint on the SU, but it's exceedingly rudimentary compared to my work today.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5888491&postcount=48

I've never GM'd here. I was a GM once, back in "07 or '08, on another forum, and I didn't enjoy it. But I'm sure that's the next thing you guys will try to coerce me into doing. XD

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • First SU and first post. (I actually signed up for two RPs from the go. My was I ambitious for a newbie XD)

My first RP, clearly very influenced by my first few roleplays lol. First of the GMing failures to come. /shrug

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    ... i'm legitimately shocked. the very first time i RP'ed on PC was before all of you (except Varys, by just a few days). behold my beautiful first SU from 2009, and the first post to go with it... notice how i thought with this little, i'd already thought i'd gone 'overboard' on the history, haha. of course after that i took several long hiatuses, so i don't exactly count as a veteran or anything, but still.

as for my first RP... i thought the concept was pretty good, but i think it required too much coordinating, and i was kind of overwhelmed right from the start! i think i tried to put way too many rules with regard to levels and difficulty and dungeons and teams, too... but i might retry it sometime, and make it a lot more simple.

Years
  • My first SU, in Darker than it seems. Which I'm actually making a sequel rp to "soon." I really miss him. Is that weird?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8871479&postcount=227

It wasn't that long ago, but I've really changed since then. Hopefully for the better XD

And my first rp that I GMed was Hidden Village, which I also plan on making a return once I actually flesh out the world lore and decide on if it will be story or sandbox based. But I feel like I've improved as a GM since then. Mostly on the understanding that I can't control everything everyone does part :P

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Everyone is showing off their first post so I figured I'd add mine

Now don't laugh too hard!

And no, I don't know why I didn't just edit my first post. Oh well too late now!

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Let;s just say it's quite clear that this is my first SU. Little to no detail, some slight laziness in descriptions, made me laugh at how much different it was than my subsequent SUs following it. I like to think my SUs are better now that I've done a few more, but safe to say it is a trip down memory lane looking back at this. Makes me cringe a bit haha especially the some of the grammar and spelling errors

Spoiler:

Years
  • Wow, after actually looking back and finding my first post I realized its been 5 years since then! Not 5 years of continuous roleplaying unfortunately, but still, feels like a long time ago. Also, no judging. I look at this now and I am disgusted by it!

Spoiler:

That was for the original Pokemon Odyssey, under a different account as well. Complete with misspellings, little to no description, etc. Never should have been accepted! :D

As for the first roleplay I GMed, I can't even remember what it was. Years back I know. Got about a dozen posts into it and realized I was way over my head, so it got killed pretty quickly. Never really GMed an RP that lasted for a long time, current one most of the people dropped out of, but still trucking along, so a moderate success.

At first I didn't even want to see what I used to be like, but now that I actually went back its nice to see how far I've come in terms of roleplaying and my own writing style.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • This is gonna be the last time I look back at my failures as a human being.

MY FIRST SU! I'm not even going to read this I was such an idiot then. He was 13, I was 13. This was not cute at all.

Rise of Evil and Good by Royal was my first ever RP on here.

Rise of Evil and Good

The fact that this was in first person is all you need to know it was bad. I did some stupid stuff in this RP. I think my biggest embarrassment is in this RP to this day. Why hasn't it been deleted for age yet? X)

I think I might have saved myself a bit because this wasn't my first RP ever I don't think. I was on another site where people taught me how to write at length, but I remember my first post was like a sentence long.

I was going to link to a post after my hiatus to show if I improved while being gone at all, but the next RP I joined bunnied me into quitting and I resent that so much that I refuse to link to it. XD

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

• carried away at your history. LOL.

It's fun how all of us evolved from "useless RPers who should have never been accepted" to "GM-ing the most awesome RP ever."

I think this begs the question: which among the RPers here have been in the corner for the longest time?

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • I actually first joined the RPC when I first joined PC

My first RP was PTA like many others here and oh god my writing was so god damn terrible... I go back every once in a while to remind myself of where I started

Back