• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm on a break!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    From RPing and modding but ahkskdkd i miss it. Soon, I'll be back. SOOON. count the days. I have internet. Now i just need timeeee

Do you ever take breaks from RPing here?

Are they because you sometimes don't feel like RPing for a bit, or mostly for reasons you have no control over? Such as real life committments and events for example.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I've been known to take long long hiatus in which I thought I would never come back from. It's mostly due to real life duties and things that needed to be done so there's that.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Real life never gets in the way of what I truly want to do on my computer. (Even in earlier times in my life where I legitimately had little free time. I would sacrifice sleep just so I could get in my internet talking and RPs. Thankfully, that is far from over now.)

But I did take a couple years off of RPing frequently because I used to be a RP moderator on a website with... large amounts of sub-standard roleplayers. My attempts to jump start more advanced roleplays requiring more than just a one-liner failed utterly due to the overall lack of skill, and this killed off my interest. It also didn't help that I tried RPing in IMs with my fiance, and he apparently just gets too nervous from the pressure of having to write things in real time.

Although this section has some flaws, I'm just glad I could find a place that is active and has mostly people of my skill level again. So my interest in RP is just now re-kindling and my break's over. I also hope to get my fiance back into it by creating an RP with him later.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • ask alvey

The only two big hiatuses I've taken are the 1.5-year long one in which I broke off from my Ryan tendencies and the summer where I barely even went on PC. But it's true as they say, sometimes a break is the best way to replenish all your creativity :D

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I'm currently on a long hiatus from RPing so yeah... Reason is due to IRL stuff

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I've only had two hiatuses, one was for about 2-3 years and the other, which was quite recently, was four-five months. The first time was way back in 2008 and I sort of forgot PC existed so I'm not so sure it was a "hiatus" per se. Then I came back and was off and on and have (that way) been ever since.

I cared more about doing well in school and having a social life than RPing, so it was an easy choice to make. Sometimes you just need a break and it's best to take one than compromise everything in your life.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't really go on hiatuses or take breaks, I just get disinterested or end up waiting on someone else. A lot of times I just don't really feel like writing out one or two rp posts but then the next day I'll get up and pump out three posts at once.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I haven't been able to leave the RPT for yeeears. Even when I wasn't a mod, so clearly I actually like it and don't just hang around for some sense of duty heh.

But over the past few months I've realized that I need to take a break from the GMing side of things. Perhaps you do change over time and need to adapt in order to keep enjoying your hobby. But I have at least two RPs I really want to make still... Some day (:

Years
  • I've taken breaks in the past for sure, two I think for sure. Each at least a year, but I think a lot of that came down to the fact that at the time I was incredibly busy with things like school. Now things are more settled down and I have much more time than before, meaning more RPs!

When it comes to reasons, I think its a mix of losing interest and real life getting in the way. I'm a pretty unmotivated person, but I think that forcing myself to GM has really helped in giving me a reason to keep on going here.

Years
  • Hiatus boiz! Haha. I've been here for almost four years, but I've only legitimately been here for like two years. I usually have to take semester long breaks, as my time management skills are...subpar. I really wish I could be here more, but I'm in my senior year of high school, and this is one of the most important years of my life. College boiz. This is really one of my favorite things to do. It's unfortunate having to take so many breaks.

Years
  • What's a break?

I sometimes take too long to do things for various reasons, but I don't think I've taken a break from RPing ever since I started nearly four years ago lol

Years
  • "Ooh, I'm Gimmepie and I'm so much better than the rest of you plebs! Just look at me, mod of the RPT and I never take a break!"

Thanks Pie, now go post in Venice :D

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'm leaving right now

bye

But seriously, yes and yes. We all do, don't we? Not much to discuss on my part. If I get tired for a few days, I come back later, though it's honestly hard to stay away. Mindless browsing is a bad habit of mine...

Back