• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Riders [M]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

By the way, Deceptio, when do you think you're gonna start appraising these apps? I've been trying to finish mine for the last day or so but it's just... not happening. I don't want to stall but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen in one sitting, so I'd like to know at least a general/estimated time in order to plan ahead.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • @Disclosed

Do not worry, the first SU appraisal is coming tomorrow. I very much like what I'm seeing so far. So it'll be a good time.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Idk, I'll just wait before I continue working on my app. Glad you like what's there~

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • ~Travel Guide~
    A Geographical guide to the various cities and locations of interest in Nobilis, taken from "Nobilis and You, A guide" written by Eros Typhan, master cartographer and geographer.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • (I use male and female pronouns, Alex responds to both, and IC will be first person.)
    Riders Name:
    Alex IV

Dragons Name:
    Lyra

Riders Race:
    Human

Dragons Color and Element:
    Poison
    Green

Rider and Dragon Appearance:
    Alex is gender neutral, slim, and has a very large smile. She dresses rather fashionably, wearing larger more flowy type clothing. He likes colors that remind him of nature, mostly greens yellows, and bright reds. She carries a sword for protection, as well as a dagger, but she is no master swordsperson or anything (Alex has training to safety use a sword, but does not have techniques, and is very fluid). Alex has a feminine build, and a voice that is hard to pin as male or female. His skin is smooth and his eyes are a deep green.

Alex
    Spoiler:

Lyra
    Spoiler:

Riders Hometown:
    Rowlsley: A town with a sizable population, it is run by the baroness Alex the first. The town prospers under Alex's control, and many of the townspeople hold a great deal of respect for her.

Dragons Abilities:
    Corrosive Spit and Poison Gas: Self explanatory, the gas can range from deadly to Non-Lethal knockout. The poison gas is dangerous to Alex, so is not commonly used.

Malice: Lyra can invoke feelings of envy, jealousy, anger, hatred, or rage in a victim, causing them to lose control of themselves, if they are not used to controlling these emotions. The emotion it invokes varies by person and is not chosen by Lyra herself. The spell usually plays off of the victims memories, but it can also affect the primal state of the victim, acting off more than just experience.

Projection: Lyra can force the victim to endure the malice and hatred she feels. This intense wave of emotion can cause confusion or disorientated the victim.

Riders Magic.
    Purge: Alex purges his body of illness and sickness as well as poisons.

Personality:
    Alex is brash and abrasive. She is vain, and is confident in herself in such a way that it doesn't come off as overcompensating. He isn't the type of person to try and prove that he is the best, he simply makes decisions based on the knowledge that he is the best. Alex is fearless, not courageous, and will do anything to succeed at her task. Alex is fairly nice, and can even be charming, she doesn't discriminate, and treats everyone just the same. Alex holds no grudges on people, and accepts almost everything wrong with the world, holding the idea that she can handle anything. The only person he hates is his mother, who also happens to be the only person Alex fears.

On the downside, Alex isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He isn't the most knowledgeable about the world, and he lacks the ability to read or write. She loves to fight, to a degree that it's almost a hazard to herself, and no enemy is too big to back down from. Alex hates fighting weaker foes

Lyra is much more intelligent than Alex, and acts as the voice of reason for the most part. Her downside is that she is much less accepting of the injustices of the world, and can come across as more aggressive than Alex. She is more likely to resent or hold a grudge on a person, even after Alex forgives them. Lyra is much less trusting of people, and while she does believe in Alex, has a much more realistic sense of his limits (though she often underestimates Alex's ability to succeed). Lyra is very much a motherly figure to Alex, despite being younger biologically and being raised by him.

History:
    Alex 1, the mother, is the baroness of the town of Rowlsley. She considers herself the owner of the town and its people, and treats the people as if they were a prized pet. Most people know her, and she is able to name each and every citizen by face and occupation. This personal connection she has also makes her possessive of the inhabitants, making rules that make it hard for people to leave. Despite her outwardly kind actions, Alex is a sociopath, and lacks morality. She takes pleasure in causing pain and is fascinated with death. She employs servants to kidnap citizens of other towns in order to torture and eventually kill them (she would never do such a thing to her own people since, "Why would I ever lay a hand upon my pets."). Most of this brutality stays within the walls of her lavish mansion, and many of the servants are not permitted to leave the home (though many of them were raised there and taught early on to fear the outside world).

Alex IV is the third child of this woman. Alex IV was supposed to be like his mother, sadistic and cruel. She wanted her child to carry on her image, and did everything in her power to break her. Alex IV's other siblings, unknown to her, were all killed by their mother, being unable to tolerate her abuse and cruelty. Two died from a weak constitution, and the third took his own life, all before Alex IV was even born. By the age of thirteen, Alex IV had already outlived his siblings, being the child that survived the longest time. By that age, he had already learned to fear his own mother, but did not quite inherit her sadistic tendencies. Instead, Alex IV began to reject any and all ideas that his mother ever stated, if she called her useless, Alex IV would oppose the idea, and prove that she wasn't, if her mother wanted her to cause pain, Alex IV would be against it. Alex IV lived to fight, and refused to die. Eventually, he had enough, and managed to escape at the age of fourteen.

Alex spent the next five years traveling from town to town, making friends along the way. Her ability to fight, and will to survive allowed her to get by each and every day. He learned to be personable, finding that people could teach him things such as hunting, fishing, and living off the land. Alex would spend a year at a place before moving on, trying to put as much distance between her and her mother as possible. He also began to have a lust for fighting, and improving himself. She went out of her way to push her own limits, and by 18 she was confident that she could overcome anything. Anything but her mother.

The egg appeared to Alex while he was in the wilderness at the age of 19. Alex named the dragon that hatched Lyra, off of one of his servants as a child. Alex at first was protective of Lyra, and treated her like any human. As Lyra grew, and Alex's memories were revealed to her, Lyra's view of the world darkened. When Lyra felt that they needed to go to Phorus Castle, Alex jumped on the idea, seeing it as a way to involve herself in something that would push her to be better.

Done

Last edited:

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • If someone know how to add a scrollbar to this, let me know and I'll add that to make it shorter xD

Gamvar Ironfist // Grom-Duraz

dwarf_half.jpg
    dragon_half.jpg

Dwarf - Male - 50 // Dragon - Earth - Brown

Rider Hometown

Karag Kazad, meaning "mountain city" or "mountain fortress", is home a large population of dwarves, who make their living in the extensive mine system, or at the near endless amount of forges nearby. Home to some of the best Dwarven craftsmen and blacksmith known to Nobilis, Karag Kazad has been a main supplier of weaponry, tools, and all manner of forged materials to the kingdom for centuries. However, due to the harsh climates and terrain of the mountain, travel to and from the city is rare. This is where Gamvar was born, and has called home ever since.

Dragon's Abilites

- Sand Breath: Spewing sand, gravel, and small stone from his mouth, Grom's sand breath is the earth equivalent of the typical elemental breath attack that is common among dragons.

- Quake: Stamping his massive legs onto the ground, Grom creates tremors that unbalance foes and cause fissures to form in the earth.

- Stalactite Barrage: Grom expels a layer of sharp stone shards that line his back and tail, shooting them towards his targets. These will pierce, shatter, and cause great damage.

Rider's Magic

- Stoneskin: Calling upon the power of the Earth, Gamvar uses this spell to harden his skin, making him tougher and harder to injure. Light blows glance of like they would a stone, while harder ones do less damage then they normally would. This condition only last for a limited time, however.

Personality

Gamvar is many things, but quiet is not one of them. Proud of his heritage, he'll be quick to let you know how superior his kind are to humans, and especially elves. In his mind, anything worth doing can be done better by a dwarf. Despite this, Gamvar is a loyal friend to those he respects, and would do anything in his power for them or his dragon companion. He is a fearless, hard-working, adventurous spirit, and unlike most dwarves, doesn't seem to mind leaving the comforts of the mountain if it means a bit of action. He also tends to get overly excited about things, often elevating into shouting and yelling sometimes even over trivial matters. Despite his rough, loud exterior, he bears a heart of gold.

Grom Duraz may be a dragon, but he's had Gamvar to raise him. Told from the time of his hatching about the legends of the dragons, Grom strives to uphold the great legacy that his kind has left. A strong, proud, and honorable warrior, his dream is to see his kind restored as the protectors of the land. Unfortunately, these high aspirations have the downside of him seeing some tasks as "unfit for a dragon". However, he takes great delight in using his powers to protect the native nobilians, as he believes he is destined to. In battle, he is a fearsome foe to behold, and his strength and endurance are only furthered by his sheer force of will.

History

This story is one best told in the words of Gamvar himself. Bear in mind that this is from his perspective, so not everything may be exactly as he claims.

"So I was hard at work at me forge, bangin' away at tha blazin' hot steel that was soon ta be the finest sword any of ye lot have ever laid eyes upon. Then, all of a sudden, one of the lads from the mines comes runnin' out, yellin' like he'd struck pure gold. "GAMVAR!" he hollers ta me. "YE GOT TA SEE THIS!" So I threw down me metal, and followed tha lad back ta where he had been workin' down in the mines. He'd broke through a large heap of granite, thick as an elf's skull, and through the hole was somethin' ta behold. A glitterin' stone, shinin' in the cave like there was a light right over it. At first, I thought it might be the prettiest diamond I'd ever seen, but there was somethin' off about the shape. "Well, what be it lad?" I asked. "Nae a clue, but I've went through three picks just tryin' ta git ta it." he answered. "I was wonderin' if maybe ye could git somethin' stronger, then maybe we could reach it."

So I left him standin' there, still gawkin' at the stone like a newborn, and went back ta me forge. I grabbed the blade I had been makin', and curved it into a pick. The finest pick ye lot have ever seen, mind ye. Then I marched right back down the mines ta where the lad was still bangin' on the rock, lookin' like he was about ta hurt himself. "Stand back lad," I told him. "I'll git that stone for ye."

So I struck the wall of granite with me pick, and the stone didn't budge. So I gave it another whack, and another, and the stone began ta give way, crackin' up like an egg for mornin' mealtime. Another few swings, and it crumbled away, leavin' the shinin' stone right there in front of us.

"By the gods!" The lad said, mouth wide and eyes wider. "Ye did it!"

"Well, me pick has a few dents now, but that's not ta worry. Go ahead, take it."

The lad cautiously went up ta the stone, lookin' as if it might bite his hand clean of dare he touch it. At last he grabbed it from it's perch in the rock, and held it up ta the light. I swear on me mam, I've never seen somethin' brown glow like that there stone did.

Then, tryin' ta knock some of the dirt off, the lad knocked on it, and let out a surprised yelp. "Listen!" He called ta me, and I came closer. he knocked on the stone again. "It's hollow! I don't believe it, the moth-eaten anvil-droppin' lump of antracite thing be hollow!"

He threw the stone over ta me. "Ye keep it. Can't believe I spent half a day tryin' ta git ta a glitterin', hollow piece of rubbish.

I took the rock ta one of me friends, who's an expert on ores and stones. He looked surprised when I gave him the stone, and he looked at me like I wasn't right in the head.

"Why, this isn't a stone at all! This here be an egg of some sort, with a baby creature inside!"

Needless ta say, I could nae have been more shocked than if an elf picked up a pickaxe. I took the egg back ta me forge, and left in a basket in the corner while I worked. Nothin' happened for many days, and I had nearly forgotten about it when the thin' began ta crack open.

Out of it came a beast unlike which I'd ever laid eyes upon. It was a baby dragon. Here I'd thought I'd seen everythin' that would come out of a mine, but me eyes weren't lyin' ta me. I had myself a baby dragon livin' in me forge!

Named him Grom - Duraz, which means "Brave Stone", in tha Dwarven tongue. He grew so fast I could hardly find room for him, and now he's livin' outside city walls, on the mountain. He may be a stubborn beast at times, but he makes for a good companion. I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather charge into battle with than he.

Now, he's taken me on quite a few of his little trips through the air, can't say that I quite enjoy bein' off me own two feet though. He told me somethin' about needin' ta go ta Castle Pharus, so that's why I'm here, instead of gettin' me hours in at the forge.

Now that we've got that out of the way lad, how about another drink, eh? Grom and I leave for the castle at sunrise, and this here dwarf could use the extra mead."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Welp Khawill, only you could make such a confusing character. Good on ya for gender neutral and all that, but just the SU was confusing enough to read with all the changing pronouns. :D

Also lore! I love lore, give me more!

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • Welp Khawill, only you could make such a confusing character. Good on ya for gender neutral and all that, but just the SU was confusing enough to read with all the changing pronouns. :D

Cant have people choose the gender because of the pronouns I used. Blame English for lacking a singular Gender neutral term
    Also lore! I love lore, give me more!

Years
  • I've played with this for a day or so, and I like the look of it. I'll make it look nice later.

Rider's Name: Oskar Zaki

Dragon's Name: Izril

Rider's Race: Dwarf

Dragon's Color and Element: Brown; Dragon of Earth and Strength

Rider:
    16080_1020657600.jpg

At 4' 2", Oskar is short and stocky, with muscled arms and a bit of a belly. His skin is light brown, as he spends most of his time underground. His hair is red, and starting to recede, although he has a full beard and an abundance of hair on his chest and arms. With his small gray eyes, large nose, and heavy brow, he won't be winning any beauty contests, but he does fit the stereotypical image of a dwarf.

He dresses simply, more out of necessity than preference. Living out in the wilderness, he doesn't have a lot of options. He wears an armless green tunic with a simple leather belt, brown trousers, and leather boots. He carries several bags and pouches on his belt, and a variety of tools and weapons such as a dagger strapped to his left forearm, a hand axe at his waist, and a sledgehammer at his back.

Dragon:
    tyrant_mountain_by_slifertheskydragon-d4glgy7.jpg

Even by dragon standards, Izril is large for her age, and her posture allows her to stand up on her hind legs with no discomfort. Her scales are dusty brown, lightening to a creamy beige on her underbelly, while her eyes are emerald green. Despite her large size, her wings and tail are relatively short and thick, although her wings can either be folded at her sides or wrapped snugly around her torso, and her tail is flexible enough to circle around her. Her heavily muscled front limbs end in surprisingly human-like hands, with three fingers and a thumb and large claws designed for digging.

Her snout is long and narrow, and filled with sharp teeth. On either side of her head are large, bony ears which allow her to hear better underground. Most unusually, a green gem-like crystal grows from her forehead.

Riders Hometown: Oskar was born in the mining community Gorlgron. His mother was the mine's foreman, but she insisted he stay indoors and out of the mine for his own safety. Initially believed to be a gold mine, dwarves flocked to the site, but began leaving when the gold ran out. Many stayed, and kept mining for the more plentiful iron in the area.

Dragons Abilities:

Sand Breath - Izril can exhale a stream of sand, dust, and gravel. With practice she could refine it to only exhale one substance, and possibly unlock other earthy substances.

Pit Trap - By punching the ground, Izril can create holes in the earth of various shapes and sizes. Striking the earth channels her magic into it, and she can create holes within a short distance.

Crystal Growth - Izril can grow crystalline structures from the earth, either offensively in the form of crystal spikes or defensively as crystal walls. With effort, she can create crystals in midair to use as makeshift shields or projectiles, but this is much more taxing on her.

Riders Magic:

Stone Fist - Oskar can raise earth and stone to surround an object and harden into a stone shell. His preferred target is his hammer or his own fists, increasing their weight and the damage he inflicts with them. The shell will crumble back into dust after a short time, or if Oskar chooses to dismiss it.

Personality:
    Rider: Having grown up working at his family's mine, Oskar is a down-to-earth, resourceful, and dependable Dwarf. Hard-working and proud, he's not afraid to get his hands dirty, and would never stoop to tell a lie. He's not overly fond of people, so he spends most of his time living the hermit life in the woods.

Dragon:
    Izril may not be the brightest of dragons, but she more than makes up for it with her boundless enthusiasm. She is energetic and eager to help, but has all the grace and subtlety of an earthquake. While she enjoys being friendly and nice, she also enjoys lording her strength over others, and loves competition.

History: Oskar always knew his life would take him somewhere unexpected. Growing up at a mine, seeing workers come and go, he knew that the mine would eventually stop producing and he'd be forced to leave. He just didn't know when, and he certainly couldn't know how. Despite his mother's intentions, Oskar worked in the mine, and proved to be a good worker. While excavating a new tunnel, Oskar stumbled upon the entrance to a cavern that had been buried for thousands of years. He knew he should have reported it, but he felt compelled to investigate, like he was being called.

He had barely taken seven steps into the cavern when a small tremor shook the room, dislodging loose rocks and sealing off the entrance. Oskar shouted for help, but no one came, and after an hour, he resolved to find his own way out. He ventured deeper into the cavern, finding a tunnel and going into the darkness within, trying to escape. He could hear sounds around him, whispers that he couldn't comprehend, and he could occasionally see forms moving in the darkness, fading away before he could get a good look. After what felt like hours, he found himself back at the sealed entrance, and could hear a rescue team moving the rocks to free him. He called out to them, and soon he was free.

The team had felt the initial tremor, and responded immediately. All told, Oskar had only been trapped for five minutes, and investigation of the cavern revealed it was simply a pocket in the earth, containing only the entry chamber and the tunnel, which only went in about 10 feet before hitting a wall. No one else heard any whispers or saw any movement, but the whispers stayed with Oskar, and he heard them in his sleep. He woke up a mile away from the mine, and kept walking.

Twelve years later, he no longer thinks about his experience, and lives in a cabin in the woods near a Human trade town, making his living as a lumberjack. He writes it off as a psychotic break, caused by spending too much time someplace he didn't belong. He felt that he would find his destiny here, a feeling that was verified when he found a glowing orb in the woods. He kept it, later discovering it was actually a dragon egg, and that his destiny would take him far away. The whispers came back to his dreams, and after three weeks, he finally understood what they were saying: "Pharus". With little more than a name and an idea where to look, Oskar and Izril left his quiet life behind at set off to find out what Pharus is, and why it had chosen him.

Jay

Years
  • Hello again everyone, thank you all for your patience and interest in Riders. After much deliberation I have chosen a few whom are to be accepted. Those few are as follows.

Frozen Hearts characters, Tamber and Pyra.

Foxrally's characters Sol Laetanas and Khepri.

Sir Bastian's characters Flynn Cooper and Ferrus.

My own characters, Tyron Algray and Alyra.

Stardust's characters, Idora Mhuire and Morenth.

You are all Accepted. Welcome to Riders.

To anyone whom has lost out on their role, or wants to know why these choices were made please state your questions here.

To those vying for roles yet to be confirmed, I am either waiting for the completion of an SU for your desired role, or I am simply undecided on the role that is to be accepted.

I thank you all for signing up and in the case of the accepted, I look forward to our continued work together into the RP.

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Riders Name:
    Oden Gallus

Dragons Name:
    Aten

Riders Race:
    Dwarf

Dragon of Darkness and Deception, Dragon Colored a darkish-purple.

Standing at a little over 4 feet, Oden is a decently sized dwarf. Since having not been near civilization in years, Oden only has the set of clothes he had on that fateful day. He wears a red-orange shirt where the sleeves go a little over half way up his arms. He wears brown pants, but are only barely visible as ridiculously long boots cover up most of it, the only part of his pants you see are near his thigh and hip. Going back up, Oden's hair is brown but very long; He hasn't had a way to cut it. It extends all the way down to the midway point between his shoulder and arms. His beard is decently long; it extends a tad bit past the end of his hair. He has green eyes, and has a mustach that extends to the bottom of his chin. Oden almost always holds his ax with him.

Aten towers over Oden with a mighty roar. In general, his entire body is a dark-purple hue, but with some other details as well. The winds of Aten have narrow pure black stripes extending the entire length and width of the wing. The main hue of his belly is a brown, with scales with an outline of that dark-purple covering it. The nose on his face distinctly shoots up, making it noticeable. Aten has blue eyes. On his legs, there are these seemingly random markings. In fact, they are actually just red veins that are just very visible. They are on all four legs of his body. His feet are like a 3 toed claw.

Riders Hometown:
    Verax Town

Dragons Abilities:
    Shadow Stamp: Aten flies up in the air and swoops down flying dangerously close to the ground, stamping his shadow onto the ground. Does not impact anyone(unless they are stupid enough to get into the way) but generates one shadowbound charge. There is a short cooldown before being able to use this ability again.

Wall of Darkness: Aten brings the stamped shadows up into the air, packing and solidifying it. The wall of darkness then does one of two things, depending on who is targeted:
    Friendly - The wall mends around their armor, giving extra defense, which increases if the wall is still standing after a duration. Enemies who hit the wall are hurt, like a thorns effect.
    Enemy - The wall crashes into multiple enemies, doing damage and briefly blinding all enemies hit. After the wall de-solidifies and does damage, the remains gather under one enemy and create a column under them, dealing initial damage and shooting the enemy high in the air.
    Requires two shadowbound charges if cast on an ally, three if cast on an enemy. Can not stack.
    Supreme Power of the Shadows: Aten summons the stamped shadows to form formidable and powerful combatants to fight with them. When a shadow combatant has died, the darkness from their remains soaks into Aten. He can then release the remains as a destructive solid beam of pure dark energy, which does damage to anyone impacted, has a fixed chance to briefly stun anyone hit, and inflicts a damage-over-time effect. The destructiveness of the beam increases for the amount of darkness soaked in, and is allowed to cast more than one beam if there are still shadow combatants standing after firing one beam.
    Requires four shadowbound charges.

Riders Magic:
    Infliction of Darkness: May be only used when Oden is standing on stamped shadows or Aten.
    Oden's axe glows a deep black. His next 2 attacks will do slightly more damage and inflict a damage-over-time effect on the target.

Personality:
    After being away from society for so many years, Oden lost the will to have social interactions with over dwarves, elves, or humans. Even before he started living in the valley, he was always bullied at school and never had any friends. So Oden is a very unsocial person, and tends to avoid social interactions with other people. However, you can see that he is talking to his dragon all the time in thoughts, as it shows on his face that he is concentrating. Now that he has the support of a dragon at his back, he is more willing to take risks and be the one to dive in first into trouble or danger.

Aten, despite the color of himself and his special attribute, is a fun dragon. Unlike Oden, he likes interacting with others. He likes to play alot when nothing major is happening, play jokes on others or telling jokes to Oden in his thoughts. You can even spot Aten doing flips in the air sometimes. All of this is mainly because Aten always likes to have something to do in almost every second of his spare time, if there is nothing important going on or is sleeping.
    However, during important events, like battles, his personality drastically changes. He turns from a happy, free-loving dragon to a serious concentrated dragon during important events. He will valiantly go into battle, developing schemes to outwit his opponents. One would think that maybe the dragon has bi-polar disorder, but that is not so. He is simply smart enough to know when he can act at what times.

History:
    Oden, since he was a little kid, has always envied power. When he was in school, he was always bullied by the bigger and stronger dwarves. Also as a little kid, he envied the mental power and control that his parents had over him. He wanted to be with strength, with power.
    One day, Oden and his parents went on a trip to a city somewhat close by. Along the way, they got ambushed by four criminals who planned to take the family hostage. One of the criminals captured his mother, and his father was trying to fight off the two that were trying to capture him. This caught the attention of the fourth criminal, who was planning to capture Oden. His father told him to run far away, and so run he did. He ran for a long time, and so unlucky as to run away from the nearby towns.
    Finally, he stopped running at a valley with a pond. This valley is where he would live for years, killing the nearby animals for food, drinking from the pond, and trying to strengthen himslef by hitting his axe into the side of the valley.
    One day during his daily routine, as he was coming back down the valley after doing his daily look for people, he spotted a dragon egg at the edge of the pond. Oden took it under his care, and in a few days, a dark purple dragon hatched from the egg. Oden quickly learned that this was a very smart dragon, as it indeed did follow him after Oden asked it to follow him so he could finish his daily routine.
    The two bonded really close during the first two weeks. The drgon, whom Oden named Aten, followed Oden wherever he went. In return, Oden would talk to Aten about the world as he knew it, what he was doing here, and about his past life, including his parents. During the night time, the two would sleep by each other.
    After two weeks, Aten had grown somewhat significantly bigger, but the shocking thing to Oden was that Aten was learning to speak telepathically with him. Well, technically its sharing his thoughts, but same concept. This strengthened their bond even further, as now they could talk to each other. Aten started telling Oden about what he thought of this world, and what he thought of this place, and what he thought about him.
    A little over a week later, Aten suddenly received an epiphany. He were to travel to Pharus Castle. Oden did not hesitate to say no, even going to a dangerous place like the Pharus Castle, because he felt he should be by Aten at all times now. So the two set off for Pharus Castle, leaving the valley for the first time.

Side Note: I might add CSS later but right now in at school and on my phone so it's hard to.

Jay

Years
  • ~Bestiary - Part 1~
    A collection of information about the fantastical creatures of Nobilis, extracted from the book "On Goblins and Griffins - Nobilis' wildlife" by Sir Darkus Reym, Former professional hunter.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    SqXO3.jpg

Name: Maxwell Tybalt || Age: 14 || Rider Race: Human || Gender: Male

"A cold blade cant be moulded, but a hot blade cant be drawn."

Appearence: Maxwell has always been hindered by his small frame. As far as he can remember, he's never been bulky or strong or athletic; he lacks any of the impressive features that made his older brother such a proud member of his family. Strangely though, Maxwell, and his older brother "Zane" take more in appearance from their uncle than their father. While both brothers have their mother's blue eyes, Maxwell's auburn hair is more reminiscent of his uncle "Lance" than it is of his fathers thicker and darker brown locks. His face retains a youthful and innocent look with very boyish features and plump cheeks.

His attire is always kept simple when it's left to him. He wears a while ruffle shirt beneath a black cape that covers the the length of his upper arm, from his shoulders to his elbow. His hands are covered in black gloves, complete with golden bracers which he tucks the sleeves of his ruffle shirt into. He wears black trousers, slightly baggy, that are held up by a large blue waist wrap and a golden belt. To complete his ensemble, he wears an expensive pair of black travelling boots.

Personality: Maxwell is very impressionable, though he always tries to do what he feels is best, he is often influenced into being a follower rather than a leader or an individualist. He spent much of his childhood as the clumsy one who always got in trouble for shenanigans his twin sister "Cerebelle" would cause. While the strength and skill on the battlefield his family pride themselves on may not have been instilled into the middle Tybalt child, what he did take on was the pride itself. Maxwell always does his best to carry himself in a proper and respectful manner, and feels quite defeated when he fails to do so. His noble upbringing has made him incredibly prejudice. While he tries not to be, due to his own experiences of being mildly outcast, he cant help his pre-conceptions or the false tales he's been told about certain species or types of people.

Hometown: Maxwell grew up in a moderately sized town called Valmere, just south-west of Aduna. Valmere is surrounded be a wall that is policed very well, as a result, the crime rate is relatively low. The town has a fair mix of bright and dim colours, making for a vast and varied land scape. For the most part the residents are very old school and have grown up on the ideals of loyalty and honour, because of this, their ideas on gender roles, religion and combat haven't modernised much. Despite this they can be quite tolerant and accepting, when outliers grow within their community(Within reason).
    "Til' the day my blade blunts, I will fight for those who fight for me."-The motto of Valmere

Riders Magic:
    Antidote
    The ability to not only draw out and neutralise poison in others, but also to redirect and utilise the poison in the form of projectile bullets.

dinosatrio-volando.jpg

Dragon Name: Taragon || Dragon Colour: Purple || Dragon Element: Poison || Gender: Male

"A blade wears no scars, nor does it grant them."

Appearance: Taragon has sharp and piercing features, with spikes that trail from his head down to the tip of his tail. While sleek and slender, he maintains a muscular and imposing figure. His deep purple(Almost silver) scales are consistent through his body.

Personality: Taragon isn't the social type; in fact, he's far from it. He's never averse to interacting with others, but he would never bother himself with acting particularly welcoming or pleasantly to those who he doesnt feel have earned it. His conversations with others usually involve an abundance of eye rolling and sarcasm, and only a small amount of truly helpful input on his part. Even Max is not safe from Taragon's callous and condescending nature, with the young man often catching the brunt of it. That said, the dragon truly does care for his rider. He will often go out of his way to protect him and ensure that he is safe and unharmed. He watches over him, ensuring he keeps himself healthy, safe and is constantly striving to better himself. If Max slacks on any of these things, Taragon will be the first to let him know.

Dragons Abilities:
    Raxicus
    Taragon draws a mass of sludge from his lungs, and fires it in the form of highly concentrated poison. The poison can take many forms, from streams to large thick spheres of sludge.

Toxic Barbs
    The spines down Taragon's back can inject powerful toxins into his victim. While they do kill slowly, much of the damage the poison can do to the body can be permanent if not treated soon enough. (Slowing down heart rate and slowing muscle regeneration are just two of the effects of the fierce poison.)

Corrosive Breath
    Tarragon can breath a thick mist-like breath that corrodes anything it touches in a concentrated area.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Rider:
    Xander the Dwarf, 32 years old

Dragons Name:
    Xaraho

Dragon egg is black and covered with bonelike protrusions. Darkness and deception dragon.

Rider appearance and personality:
    tumblr_o4wz9kn9Bs1rhgx5ro1_500.jpg

Whether it be a hammer or a shoulder you need to lean on, I'd say I'm more than apt for either.

Xander has the typical dwarven build, standing at 4'11" and weighing in at 225 pounds. While more muscle than fat, he enjoys to eat and drink more than he should. Most of his time is spent in front of the forge, it being the place which he feels most comfortable. Though he does visit the local tavern every few nights, he's not so stuck to the place that he's considered a regular yet. There's a certain elvish wench there that he's had his eye on for quite some time, but can't find it in himself to properly approach her.

Xander is usually pretty straightforward and honest with things as long as they're not his more intimate emotions. If he hurts someone he's always right there to try and patch things up afterwards. He loves to take care of others in need, often giving out his two spare rooms to wandering adventurers or anyone in the town should they need it. His wardrobe consists of three of the typical blacksmith garbs that he washes every so often - likely about half as often as he actually should. He tries to speak a bit more sophisticated than others of his race, he tries his best to suppress his accent though it does occasionally come through. He'll often times take a little longer to string together sentences as he searches more for words to impress others with than those that would get his point across better, quicker or easier.

Dragon Appearance and personality:
    Spoiler:

Shak said he tried to use the above and was told no. so if its no good i'll switch to this one.
    Spoiler:

Hahaha, you mortals and your simple minded ambitions. Women, wealth, power, friendship... perhaps I'll stick around a bit longer if only to observe.

Xaraho is cynical of everything except fellow dragons. When he was first around in the the world he lived a sort of shorter cyclical life, not living near as long as any others and tending to be hunted down in his prime of about 150 years before decomposing and rebirthing himself. He fell into a lapse of darkness, a coma of sorts at some point losing thousands of years before finally returning to the outside world where he was hunted once more before being found by Xander. He's retained some of the memories of his past lives though they come in groups and short painful flashbacks. The smells, the people, the buildings, all that he has ever experienced is held together inside him as he is now though not all instantly obtainable.

Currently, most of the memories he has are of being hunted by the mortals. So although he knows better than to put any sort of faith or trust into these mortals, he can't help but feel a connection - or at the very least a slim interest - in the one who hatched his egg in this life cycle. Though he detests the kindhearted and straightforward approaches of Xander, the thought of what might become of the man once he's had enough time to become corrupted by the rest of the outside world intrigues him and keeps him sticking around. Since he's been reborn, he spends most of his time around graveyards or at the town's gates acting as a sort of guardian. While many initially feared him, Xander stood up for the dragon and showed that he was not all so dangerous.

Riders Hometown:
    Jilgurhurd - A simple town on the talon shaped island Northwest from Aduna.

Dragons Abilities:

- Undead Legion: Xaraho spews a dark mist over an area which then seeps into the ground and reinvigorates the bones of whatever deceased beast or person may lay there as long as they're not decomposed down to simply bone. Their bodies can reassemble themselves to a certain point.

- Eclipse : Xaraho blows a dense fog in a 100 yard radius. The fog is dense and dark enough that the sun cannot permeate it, basically blinding the enemy and anyone who might accidentally wander into it unprepared.

- Keep your enemies close: Xaraho's tar-like saliva induces hallucinations. A single drop is enough to drive any man mad, seeing enemy as friend, friend as enemy and even inanimate objects as living beings detrimental to their existence. Right and wrong, reality and fantasy will become muddle and blend together causing the afflicted to go on a blind rampage attacking anyone or anything within sight.

Riders Magic:

- Undead armor: (idk. seems overly weak compared to others. probably gonna change it.) Xander can pull up a suit of heavy armor made from the bones of deceased in his general vicinity. Through the added help of Xaraho, the armor can be made to have a sort of magnetic attraction as a dark mist is blown through the armor giving it the appearance of being alive. If a part of it were to break or fall off the armor would put itself back together.

History:

Xander has spent the past fifteen years making and selling picks, hammers and other forged commodities for the town that he grew up in. His father fell ill when Xander was sixteen, and in his final years he taught his son all that he knew about the forge and the world outside of this small island. His younger brother by two years, Zax works the mines for most of the day and spends the rest of his time at the local tavern, never having actually gotten over the death of the two's father and failing on his quest to find their mother.

Two years ago Xander and Zax got in to a rather heated argument. The older brother no longer even recalls what it was about, but it happened right when Zax had returned from the mines and was headed off to the tavern. The two ended up leaving together, but after Zax began to flirt with the Elf which Xander'd had his eye on it turned in to the final straw. He slapped his younger brother's head and left, going back to sleep off the alcohol he'd consumed.

Several hours later, Zax returned and started to make a mess of the forge. He stoked the fires and tossed various memories into it along with the tools Xander used to work the forge. Even though he'd never actually worked the forge before, he had paid some attention to his brother's actions and his father's teachings when he was still alive and knew how to work it well enough. Though he'd had plenty to drink and likely could barely remember his own name, he knew how to hold a grudge. Whatever argument had stirred hours before was only irritated by the slap he'd been dealt and the drinks he'd downed.

As Zax tossed in the final bits of his brother's tools, something boomed in the sky above. The night was dark, the skies were clouded and neither moon nor star shone through. But up there he could make out the figure of something massive, a black-winged demon, a dragon the creatures only thought to be myth. The monster bellowed out again, but this time there was an unknown sound some distance off that followed it. The dark spot in the sky twitched, and seemed to grow closer as a large metal spike slammed in to the middle of the forge.

Another booming in the sky, followed by another giant spike. This time however, nothing fell to the ground. The dragon began to spin out of control and was struck in quick succession by two more spikes, both of which pierced through its wings and sent it falling like a rock to the ground below. Zax didn't even have time to close his jaw which had dropped in awe of the sheer size of the beast. Dwarf and forge alike were crushed under the dragon's pressure.

Around this time Xander awoke and came out to see what had crashed in to the forge which had been worked by and handed down to him by his father before him. As Xander left the back door to his house which led directly to the forge, he was stopped cold in his tracks by the dragon's piercing red eyes. The monster was at the least four times the dwarf's height, yet there was a massive spear pierced through its chest and one of its wings. The dragon breathed heavily, blood mixing in with the black vapors which escaped from its nose and mouth. Starting with its wings, the dragon began to fall apart and dissolve. With one final screech, the entire being of the dragon condensed down into a single black egg which lay comfortably atop the unrecognizable corpse of Zax.

Xander reached in to the remnants of the forge and first pulled his brother free, shedding several tears over his loss and he smothered the amorphous corpse across his body. After several hours his tears stopped and the blood had dried onto his clothes. Xander reached back in to the forge and placed his hand on the dragon's egg, instantly feeling a connection as the monster's heart beat in rhythm with his own. Though he had lost a brother tonight, he adopted a sort of rebellious son.

-----

Two years passed, and only three weeks ago the dragon hatched and grew into its 'teenage' size. Standing nearly two times Xander's height, Xaraho was old and strong enough to leave and take care of itself. However, something held the dragon back. As much as it didn't care for this small mining town or its adoptive father, Xaraho couldn't bring himself to leave - and Xander couldn't yet watch him go. The two still had a future together, a destiny to be fulfilled and revenge to be wrought on the one who had caused Xaraho's initial death and in turn the death of Xander's brother Zax.

Painful memories, flashbacks into past lives that the dragon had lived both upset it and gave it new ideas. And in time, Xaraho made the suggestion that the two should fly off to Pharus castle. And so it was that their journey had truly begun.

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • After much deliberation it has been decided that...

Grey Bidoofs characters, Gamvar Ironfist and Grom-Duraz.

Are Accepted ! Welcome to Riders.

Three spots are left to be taken and a handful of SUs remain undone for all three categories. Due to excitement on the part of the current players, the IC will be submitted once two more of the three roles have been finalized and the RP will begin!

Jay

Years
  • And just like that one category is finished.

LinearAxel and her characters, Lyra Aldavaul and Lorelai.

Are Accepted! Welcome to Riders!

One to go folks, before the story begins!

Back