• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hmm, now what if...?

Years
    • Seen today
    She would be mistaken for a Cubone, then kidnapped by Mandibuzz, never to be seen again. Then they would hold a tournament for a new Champion, which Professor Elm would enter and win.

What if there were a Fourth Kanto Legendary Bird?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    There'd be yet another gruelling Mystery Dungeon to get through when the poor player and partner are chased out of town in Red/Blue Rescue Team!

What if you could hijack and drive the vehicles parked in Alola?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It would be SOOOOO much quicker!

What if you could push that truck out of the way and find Mew under there?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Then there would be no need to hunt for Ditto or battle the Youngster with a Slowpoke.

What if Daisy Oak, Serena and Ash all appeared in the same room?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Being who they are, I'd expect them to go all night talking about Pok?mon rather than sleep.

What if the main series Pok?mon games allowed you to choose options that changed the story & outcome of the game?

Hah... that?s not what popped into my head when typing that ?what if?. What popped into my head was a giant cat fight that puts Serena vs. Miette as a minor skirmish.

As for your what if, you mean to tell me I could choose to be a Pokemon Coordinator and hence not Challenge the Gyms? Meaning my rival would have to do it(including defeating regional organization) and hence the glory that I normally would gain instead? Hmm... interesting...

What if Misty had never gone home to Cerulean Gym?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    She would instead become a member of the elite four

What if Team Rocket kidnapped Lance?

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    They'd kidnap the rest of the Elite Four too.

What if you could buy influential positions?

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    I wouldn't have a hard time fighting him with underleveled Pok?mon.

What if you could raise your critical-hit ratio by 60%?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Then fighting in Generation 1 would be easier than it already is with fast Pokemon like Jolteon.

What if Wallace returned with a Wallace Cup in Alola?

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    People are gonna be like "Oohhh!".

What if Steven stopped collecting stones?

pkmin3033

His life lacking a new purpose, he would become addicted to Poffins and ultimately be found dead in some back alley in Viridian City several months later. His corpse would become home to a Spiritomb that was in his rock collection and was just biding its time, waiting for him to succumb to death's embrace. Free from its eternal prisoner, it would then proceed to conquer the world with its army of ghostly brethren and fossils, who were all likewise trapped in Steven's rock collection. The new world order would see humans being captured in Humanballs by Pokemon and used to battle in cruel yet highly amusing gladitorial matches for fun, profit, and the entertainment of the new ruler of the world, Lord Steven Spiritomb.

...now, what if all of that was actually the plot of Pokemon OmegaRuby 2 and Pokemon AlphaSapphire 2, which were the mysterious Pokemon games that are releasing on the Switch in 2019?

Years
    That would make for an interesting change in the pokemon franchise and would most likely result in more games toying with the idea of humans being captured by pokemon. I like the way you think.

What if Wailord could fly?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    They'd make the best blimps ever. :D

Spoiler:

What if someone rode their bike into Professor Oak's lab?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    He'd exclaim you couldn't ride here.

What if TPC revealed the real reason Brock left Professor Ivy. What would the reason be?

pkmin3033

That she was actually in her late sixties.

What if Jessie and James' manga baby was written into the anime as a travelling companion for Ash?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Welp, then every episode will be about Ash's own companion trying to steal Pikachu from him. O_O

What if Pok?mon Z Version existed?

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
    Than we would have solid proof GF was out for money grand

what if every time you entered the ultra wormhole a new Pokemon came in to existence

pkmin3033

Everyone's games would have crashed by now due to excessive data processing.

What if Disney acquired the rights to Pokemon?

Back