• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnfsf11

Hey y'all, I've posted here before about the closed threads not being deleted, I believe the reply was that these threads should be up for others to see & beware not to imitate.

The problem is that there's just too many of them now, mostly misplaced topics or really noobish questions... And they're usually like this:
-"How do I use ___ emulator?"
-"Where do I get ROM files?"
-"I feel so alone"
-"hiiii im new n i want som pokes trade plsssss!!!11"
-"Hey check out my hack jk it's just an idea"
-"WHY WAS MY POST DELETED???"
And so on........

What I'm trying to say is, leaving these threads is unnecessary.
Some users are breaking the very basic rules of the internet, which include looking at the whole freaking homepage before making a thread to know where to post, forum titles are pretty straight forward with a helpful sub-description & we don't have a zillion ones. Reading the rules thread wouldn't hurt too...
Assuming users are too lazy to do these stuff, can't they read the obvious short notices in each forum? I mean notices like "This is not a place to discuss hacks" or "This forum is for discussing __ & __" which some of them are in Bold or have a big font, IMO these notices are enough & not whole closed threads.

Another good reason why you shouldn't keep these threads is that these threads are like halls of shame; you broke a rule & now I'm gonna close your thread & leave it for everyone to see what a rule-breaker you are... OFC that's not what the mods seek but that's how I see it & I thought you should know.

TL;DR mods, please tell me what you have in mind when you decide to close a thread instead of removing it & replying to the OP in his PMs (other than the reason mentioned in the very first line), or do you need approval from admins before doing so?
I really wanna know that's all.

Years
I can see where you're coming from. I'm sure a lot of us leave locked threads so the member that posted it can see why their thread was closed and where to go next time, but in the case of clutter I was considering deleting the thread in my board and then private messaging the member privately to explain instead. We don't need admin permission to do such, no. Sadly there are a lot of misplaced topics here on PC but it's our job to handle them in whatever way we see fit.

If a thread was posted in my board that belonged elsewhere I'd usually move it with a redirect that expires after 24 hours so it wouldn't clutter the page, though I wouldn't be able to if it belonged in a certain thread in another board (such as being unable to move a question about White/Black2 since I don't have the power to merge a thread into Fifth Generation Gaming's quick questions due to not being a moderator there).

tnfsf11

I can see where you're coming from. I'm sure a lot of us leave locked threads so the member that posted it can see why their thread was closed and where to go next time, but in the case of clutter I was considering deleting the thread in my board and then private messaging the member privately to explain instead. We don't need admin permission to do such, no. Sadly there are a lot of misplaced topics here on PC but it's our job to handle them in whatever way we see fit.

If a thread was posted in my board that belonged elsewhere I'd usually move it with a redirect that expires after 24 hours so it wouldn't clutter the page, though I wouldn't be able to if it belonged in a certain thread in another board (such as being unable to move a question about White/Black2 since I don't have the power to merge a thread into Fifth Generation Gaming's quick questions due to not being a moderator there).
I see, I'm certain you do what you can but isn't there a way to like, request to move a thread to a certain section & if its mod approves it is automatically moved?
Also, is there a way I can hide certain threads? Or an option that hides closed and/or locked threads?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I see, I'm certain you do what you can but isn't there a way to like, request to move a thread to a certain section & if its mod approves it is automatically moved?
Also, is there a way I can hide certain threads? Or an option that hides closed and/or locked threads?
Requests are fine. Any mod can move to a separate section, just that they can't do anything more than that (say merge it with another in there), and they probably won't move if they feel the thread already ran its course (e.g. question thread that's already answered), or the other section requires mod approval first. So requesting to them for more than that won't work, although if you ask a super mod or admin then they would be able to do that.

I'm not aware of any way to hide threads (only sections).

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
If I send someone a PM, should that message be viewable in my Sent Items folder? My Sent Items folder is empty and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or the Sent Items folder isn't what I think it is.

Years
If I send someone a PM, should that message be viewable in my Sent Items folder? My Sent Items folder is empty and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or the Sent Items folder isn't what I think it is.
You need to change your settings.
Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Private Messaging > Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Select the checkbox.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
You need to change your settings.
Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Private Messaging > Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Select the checkbox.

Ok, I changed my settings, thanks for the info! I also noticed a typo when I was changing my settings.

Spoiler:

It says 'Online/Offine Image.' Just tossing that out here...

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Hello I have a question.

I'm not sure about something. Is there a specific thread for questions about hacking and such in the emulation/hacking area, or is it just okay to start a thread and ask my questions there?

Thanks in advance.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I now have 5,000 comment posts! YAY! ^^
Can I have a blog now, please? :3c

Years
I donated $25 to the site yesterday but haven't gotten the supporter status yet, is it normal to wait this long, or do I have to contact the site admin? (It'd be quite funny if I got it like... 10 minutes later)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I now have 5,000 comment posts! YAY! ^^
Can I have a blog now, please? :3c

I noted this in the staff forum. An admin should have you set up soon enough. Congrats on 5000 posts!

I donated $25 to the site yesterday but haven't gotten the supporter status yet, is it normal to wait this long, or do I have to contact the site admin? (It'd be quite funny if I got it like... 10 minutes later)

If it's been more than 24 hours or so and you've seen Rukario online since your donation, you might want to PM him to double-check that the donation was processed. But in most cases he'll just move your usergroup over as soon as he gets around to it and you need not do anything else. Thanks for the donation, btw. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back