• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the largest city you've ever physically been in?

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
  • new york city and los angeles were the biggest cities i've been in in terms of population. i used to live in the largest city in the us by square mile (not population) a couple years ago before i moved.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I lived in Phoenix for 5 years and god it was huge. Tons of places and tons of people.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Chicago. I went there when I was like 10 for a family vacation. I live in St. Louis and I was so shocked how huge the city was compare to my small city.

Years
  • New York is the biggest city I've been in, both in terms of metro area and by municipal population. I've also been in each of the #2 and #3 largest American metros and municipal population cities in Los Angeles and Chicago (each being #2 and #3 on each of those lists, respectively).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    By population New York City though only for a day trip there. For someone who has never lived in a city like that or anything it was pretty overwhelming. Same with San Francisco haha.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Tokyo for me. I've been to NYC a few times and I'm from Toronto, so I didn't expect Tokyo to seem much bigger because, like, a big city is a big city, right?

There were so many people and Tokyo just stretches on for ages. It was so different. Not in a bad way, necessarily, but I definitely wonder if I could deal with that many people on a regular basis. @_@

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Shanghai! Apparently it has 24.24 million people which is almost the same size of the population of all of Australia. It definitely did feel super crowded :')

Last edited:

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • London, I've been there twice even if I haven't really traveled much so far. Moscow is larger and pretty high on my priority list of cities to visit, but I haven't been there yet...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I want to say I have just been in Berlin for a week and maybe it doesn't have that much population but it's mind-blowingly huge I barely visited like 10% of it and I'm absolutely knackered.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I had to look it up because I don't really know the size of each city I've been to. Los Angeles is the largest city I've ever been to, according to what I looked up.

Back