• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

Years
I watched a 6 episode OVA series from 1996 called Master Mosquiton. It was stylish, funny, had some lovely animation and was generally a damn good time. Story was about a girl and her vampire slave looking for the mysterious 'o-part', an item she wishes to obtain in order to be granted eternal youth and beauty.

Years
Finished or just watched parts of?

Last two anime I watched were K-On!! Episode 1 and Princess Tutu Episode 1.

K-On!! Episode one was comfy great rewatch feels and holy hell was it fun. I could probably just rewatch K-On! in a loop the rest of my life and be happy tbh.

Princess Tutu episode one was fun but holy hell that animation quality is... not good lol.

That's really the extent of my thoughts. I really don't think analytically when I watch anime and any thoughts I do have while watching, I tend to forget shortly after.

Years
last anime i watched was the third season of tokyo ghoul. avoided it for the longest time since it didn't interest me back then. its good but there are moments that if you don't read the manga, you won't understand some parts of it. (im not personally interested in reading the manga, but i have a friend who is reading the manga and watching the anime with me).

last manga i read is the part 7 of jojo (steel ball run). avoided it also since i wanted to just wait for the anime (which if i did, i would be waiting for a loooong time). its as good and bizarre as i expected. not yet done with it but i'll be finished with it. particularly interested with the "saint's" corpse

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Last two anime I finished at roughly the same time were Akagi and Rascal does not dream of bunny girl.

Both anime were pretty good in their own rights. I had Akagi on the back burner for a while since after watching Kakegurui I was urged to watch a gambling anime that was 'actually worth my time'. With all the other currently airing stuff and my free time dwindling it just got pushed further and further back until about 3 or 4 days ago when I decided to actually start it. Kind of upset that I took so long to actually get around to it since it was considerably more interesting than the other gambling anime. I wish it would have had a few more episodes, but oh well. Some of the scenes were rather awkward and had me looking down at my phone instead of them but other than that it was quite enjoyable.

Rascal does not dream of bunny girl was another pretty decent anime. I don't think it's really a contender for anime of the year or anything, but it was an enjoyable watch nonetheless. There weren't any points where I really got teary eyed like I felt I should have, but it got a couple of quick laughs out of me. I'm interested in seeing what if anything the movie adds to the story when it airs.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Well, just finished re-watching. I wanted to pick up on the stuff I missed in it before, or didn't understand, since it was a long while ago since I watched it. It was a very enjoyable series; I adore the amount of depth the series has.

I have a new found appreciation for Kyon and Yuki.

Years
The last (and my favorite) anime I watched was Inuyasha and the last manga I read was Pokemon adventures Ruby and Sapphire

Last edited:
Years
yakusoku no neverland episode 1...wanted to see what the hype was about and damn, it's amazing. will definitely be keeping up with this!

Years
I last watched Castlevania back in August, and the accents were good compensation for the trauma involved. Humans that are outside of the central cast aren't depicted very flatteringly, and let's just say that it wasn't found wanting in the realms of violence.

Last manga was One Piece. I can't recall the particulars, but as ever, it was excellent. Best arc so far has been Chopper's. Positively heart-wrenching and not short of hilarity.

Years
I watched Another because it's been in my queue for years and I decided I should actually get around to finishing it as it was a shorter series. I don't normally go for that genre, though I did like it more than I thought I would...I did find out I couldn't watch it at night. Every other time of day was fine, I just can't do stuff like that at night ah ha.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
For anime, I was watching something called Jubei-Chan, but the dub is pretty awful? So, I'm not really liking it all that much.

For manga, I was reading Red River Volume 3. I won't even lie about this, but the 90s most certainly had a lot of girl being sent to an ancient time period trope, it's not even funny. Fushigi Yugi (the OG one, I guess?), Red River, From Far Away, and Inuyasha, too. Honestly, I didn't really care for this one at first, since it's another one of those "isekai" manga, and Fushigi Yugi is really the only one I care for in terms of shoujo, but I really like how Yuri tries to be independent, and is trying to avenge Tito's murder, instead of going home. It's 28 volumes, though, so idk how long I'm willing to read it, but we'll see.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Right now I'm currently working my way through Food Wars but I finished the Kiss Him, Not Me anime a few weeks back.

Manga wise I recently also finished the Kiss Him, Not Me manga and I'm working on Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun. Both good mangas with great introduction anime adaptations.

Years
I just watched the first episode of The Promised Neverland. Planning to start a couple of other things soon although I'm not totally sure what.

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
I just watched pokemon a few minutes ago lol
And last manga i was reading was 'One Piece' while i was lying in bed, getting bored last night.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
The last anime I watched was High Score Girl, not my favorite art-style, but surprisingly very enjoyable to watch.

Years
And now I have a new anime I last watched. I finally finished *Recovery of an MMO Junkie*. Overall it was cute and charming and fun, buuuut our protagonists were hella awkward to the point that it was almost painful at the end.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Newest chapter of Boku no Hero Academia. Loviiiing this arc so far it's been such a game changer.

Years
I finished off Himouto! Umaru-chan R Thursday night. I forgot just how much fun this cast was for me. Particularly this girl:

KWYBToX.gif

I get why people don't like season one as Umaru is a colossal brat in season one, but there's so much character growth in season 2 for literally every cast member, and a whole lot less of Umaru being a brat even during her screen time.

Back