• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ice (Oct. 22 - 29)

Which are your favorites? (Choose as many as you'd like!)

• [title=Delibird][img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons/225.png[/img][/title]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [title=Cryogonal][img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons/615.png[/img][/title]

• [title=Bergmite & Avalugg][img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons/712.png[/img][img]http://pldh.net/medi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • PZJ34Z0.png

9LEh0ao.png

Welcome to the fifth annual installment of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (also known as the FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon/Pokémon family of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls running between now and December, where we'll pit almost all Pokémon of different types from past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2017!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until the 29th of October, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just a quick note before anyone asks- since Alolan Ninetales (and by association, Vulpix) won the Fairy type poll, it hasn't been included here, because it has already claimed a spot in the finale. If it's still one of your favorite Ice type Pokemon, be sure to leave a note in your post so that it feels the love over here, too!

Happy voting!

pkmin3033

Articuno is the clear winner here. Although Cryogonal gets a sympathy vote; nobody likes it ;w;

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Ice and steel are two of my favorite types.. this will be hard to choose which Pokemon I like the most.

Cloyster and Froslass are special for me so I vote for them. But I could vote for all of them really.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Voted for Swinub/Piloswine for their awesome design, Glalie for its usefulness, the Spheal line because they're my favorite Ice type, and Crabominable for being an important member of my Sun team

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    This was hard, I don't like very many Ice types. I picked Jynx and Sneasel and Weavile.

I always have had a soft spot for Jynx. It's a pokemon I remember using way back in the first generation. I also have battled many times on Pokemon Stadium with Jynx on my team and it always was very powerful and useful. I also really like its overall design and appearance, I don't think Jynx looks creepy or ugly, in fact I think I like it for some of the same reasons why I like Bruxish's design.

Sneasel was just so cool and fast in generation 2. It was a great pokemon to show off the new Dark typing with. When they introduced Weavile in generation 4, they took a pretty awesome pokemon and made it even more powerful. It's just a crazy fast pokemon, extremely aggressive, sweeps very efficiently. It also really takes advantage of Ice being a more aggressive type. Sneasel and Weavile are just great examples of what an aggressive Ice type should look and play like.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Had to go with my ol' girl Glacia here. Glalie and Walrein by far take the cake. THough i have to admit that Alolan Sandslash looks really sweet too!

Years
  • - Alolan Sandshrew line (again, lmao)
    - Dewgong
    - Lapras
    - Articuno
    - Froslass
    - Regice
    - Glaceon
    - Cubchoo

Interestingly, despite Ice being one of my favourite types, I only like about a handful of them, it seems. :s Game Freak needs to make better Ice types!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Mamoswine....and that's all. Though I do like a lot of Ice mons that one probs wins out.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Lapras, Articuno (part of my favorites from Gen 1) and obviously Glaceon.<3

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Congrats Brendino, you managed to choose the two types I'm monotype challenging with right now.

Ice is nice and easy for me, despite being one of my favorite types overall. As a general rule, this is my monotype Sun team, minus Icetales (by virtue of winning Fairy) and Crabominable (I just don't like it much)

Snowslash Line - Is awesome. No explanation needed here.

Cloyster Line - My most commonly used Ice-type competitively of all time (though the current Ice rep on my main comp team is aforementioned Icetales), Cloy-Cloy has put in so much work for me over time, no matter how often I change her nickname (sample nicknames: Bivalve, Cloy-Cloy, The Janitor, Lucina, A Shell, Spike, and Revolver)

Weavile Line - While not on my current Mono-ice run, Weavile is just generally flipping awesome. He's found his way onto almost all my competitive mono-ice teams as well as some of my generic OU teams as either a CB user or Pursuit trapper.

Froslass (and, by extension, Glalie and Snorunt) - Another competitive staple, Frossy was my competitive lead of choice for most of gen 6. Usually going by the nickname "Utility", she has become a favorite of mine foe her speed and general usefulness and also just a good design.

Glaceon - Obligatory Eeveeloution vote (that isn't getting used in like 90% of these polls). My favorite Eevee evolution. There. I said it. :)

Ice is my second-favorite type overall, and I love the type as a whole.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Ice is a great type but I don't feel strongly towards a lot of them. My picks are:
    - Articuno: almost a mandatory pick
    - Sneasel line: I really like Weavile and need to use it sometime

Special shout-out to Vanilite line for making people angry with its design.

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
    Years
  • Voted for mah girl Jynx (actually insulted she only got 4 votes!) and my babies, Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash :3

Back