• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Main thread

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Considering I intend to put myself on the front line again, I think the Rocky Helmet would be a good equip for me, and I can also take the Corsola Twig. And we would need to sell some items in order to be able to purchase storage, right? I thought I saw on the post that we have a money value of 750 right now.

Also, I will be taking a hit to my stats defensively, but with Aqua Ring and escape options handy, I think I can handle the loss in exchange for being able to hit harder. I will evolve Coral to an Azumarill.

Selling the Stardust that Priscilla has will net more cash. How much I have no idea but there's also Simisear's Pouch. There might be something inside that could be sold off as well. Selling the HM's we bought would also net some Cash if they can be vendored. Otherwise storing them in the Storage System that we'll buy so they don't take up space is the way to go as I see it. Only other purchases would be for Evolution Stones if needed as I don't think we will have enough for other purchases.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Lily: I am now fully rested and am ready. Having spoke to the Head Lilligant I am not going to evolve yet as there are still moves to be learnt.

Lily learns Giga Drain (Replacing Absorb) and Aromatherapy (Replacing Sleep Powder). Lily gives Escape Orb to Krakanos

Last edited:

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Thinking that the current moveset is fine, so Mercy will not learn Charm

Years
Okay, I think I'll take Slash instead of Cut, as I don't thing I'll survive more than 3 turns anyway with my darling, Ms. Dianna Might. That means I'm taking dynamite if anyone did not get it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm by my count, everyone but Meta, Cuddles, Felix and Freesia have checked in(with Priscilla still having to decide on moves and Glacier on whether to evolve). Anyone else want to voice their opinion on items and what to buy this intermission?

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Even in here, Mist feels incredibly niche to be useful when the team would scatter themselves. Hopefully my decision won't bite me back for whatever annoyance that could be inside the cave.

Cuddles decided to forget Mist and learned Rest!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Even in here, Mist feels incredibly niche to be useful when the team would scatter themselves. Hopefully my decision won't bite me back for whatever annoyance that could be inside the cave.

Cuddles decided to forget Mist and learned Rest!

We have quite a few Lum Berries and Glacier still knows the move to prevent our stats from being affected. With Lily learning Aromatherapy, that also helps with status ailments if we lack the appropriate berry or can't administer the berry in a timely manner. Plus we rarely are together to take advantage of burst buffs except right at the beginning of battle. The one buff I think everyone is going to miss is Susato's Helping Hand. Having that +50% attack buff is just soooo nice to have.

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
I'll be transferring the Flare Wand from Glacier to Mozilla. I have no real use for it, being an ice type and all.

Also, I've decided to go ahead and wait until I learn Ice Beam before I evolve, so that should be everything for me.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I personally feel it's absolutely worth replacing Leech Seed with Double-Edge, as this would give Freesia both a non-Grass move and an emergency killing edge when needed. As for evolution, I would not want to miss out on learning Seed Bomb (which is one of my favorite moves!), so I'll wait until Freesia can learn it before evolving.

That being said... Freesia learns Double-Edge by replacing Leech Seed, and decides not to evolve at this point in time!

Regarding the items, I'm not sure what our budget is going to look like yet, but I do think the Storage System seems like the most appealing investment to make!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Should also see what's in the monkey's pouch.

The party opens Simisear's Pouch.
The party finds 6000 Poké inside!
There is a letter included as well:

scroll.png
You are already familiar with your targets: Lucario and his team of Explorers. Eliminate them and everybody travelling along with them at all costs. Here is half your payment up front. Make sure you use it to properly equip yourself; don't dare to underestimate your targets.

Report back once your mission is done,
Garchomp
Veteran Explorer

PS. Don't even think about running off again. In contrary to the wannabe bandit moron that you called your previous boss, I don't take deserting lightly and I will find you.

Anyways, what does selling the Stardust fetch the group in terms of cash?

Kecleon-happy.png
Some fine extraterrestrial powder you have got there. I can trade you 1500 Poké for that small bag, how does that sound?

And suddenly... you have money. :-)

Years
With that much money, to me the Storage System is a must-buy. If the Move Relearner and Lottery npcs will stick around even if we don't necessarily use them, that's a couple more services that we could open up.

I'll let the others debate about the other services, but we definitely will sell the Stardust (it has no other purpose for us anyway), and purchase the Storage System Operator. As for what to put in the Storage System, I know the TMs will go in since we don't need to carry them around while in battle.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
750 + 7500 = 8250 funds. Porygon Storage System is 3500 so that leaves 4750.

No worries, I'm not going to increase the levels Pokémon learn moves because of evolution. That would make it a terrible decision.

That kind of defeats the purpose of weighing Evolution over learning moves earlier. Furthermore, it drastically lowers the value of Slowbro as I see it if we can learn moves that we ought to not to by evolving. This is most notable for those who evolve by Evolution stone(Mozilla, Lily and Glacier. Might as well add items as well with Meta). To be able to still learn moves that their base form would learn at the level specified kind of makes the decision rather pointless. Only thing we'd have to weigh would be what our stats would be if we evolved(and Typing in Glacier's and Meta's case). I'd also throw Freesia into the Evolution dilemma because he learns Seed Bomb at 37 as a Bulbasaur but doesn't learn it at all as an Ivysaur or Venusaur. To be able to still learn it as an Ivysaur also defeats the purpose and lowers the value of Slowbro. Heart Scale feature might still be useful but I hope you get my general point on the matter.

As for the storage system, I think the HM's Cut and Rock Smash should be stored away so they don't take up space. Same deal for the Heart Scale as I don't see a reason to spend it at this time. As for other purchases, I'll leave that up to the group.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Pardon my delay, everyone!

Looks like we've done really well for ourselves. :D The storage system gets my support, course!

As for Felix, evolution is a lot more tempting now that it doesn't hinder how early I learn my moves! Thunder Fang is a given. I'd kind of like to keep Bite... my ability already cuts enemies' attack, and I haven't used Baby-Doll Eyes very much so far. Hopefully this doesn't come back to Bite me but... Felix replaces Baby-Doll Eyes with Thunder Fang! yayy.

Hey Lycan, what would my stats look like if I chose to evolve? :)

I'll also happily trade my Hard Stone with whoever has the Gravelerocks! But would somebody mind giving me an Oran/Sitrus Berry? Felix tends to either fall in battle or come really close, so an emergency healing item would be nice!

Mags, Sharps, Susato, Unicorn, Alex, Waterproof and Robin have left the party!

Come back soon friends. </3

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Pardon my delay, everyone!

Looks like we've done really well for ourselves. :D The storage system gets my support, course!

As for Felix, evolution is a lot more tempting now that it doesn't hinder how early I learn my moves! Thunder Fang is a given. I'd kind of like to keep Bite... my ability already cuts enemies' attack, and I haven't used Baby-Doll Eyes very much so far. Hopefully this doesn't come back to Bite me but... Felix replaces Baby-Doll Eyes with Thunder Fang! yayy.

Hey Lycan, what would my stats look like if I chose to evolve? :)

I'll also happily trade my Hard Stone with whoever has the Gravelerocks! But would somebody mind giving me an Oran/Sitrus Berry? Felix tends to either fall in battle or come really close, so an emergency healing item would be nice!

Come back soon friends. </3

Don't forget we have Shuckle but I do understand the security blanket a recovery berry would provide. Could look at acquiring the Sitrus Berry WooWoo has(or someone else hah) but you'd have to get them to sign off on it.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Yup, I think it'd be a big help if I had a berry equipped! Especially since I like being on the front lines (which is largely due to my short move range, but all the same!).

Oh yeah! Is it alright if I take your Shock Wand, Code?

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Yup, I think it'd be a big help if I had a berry equipped! Especially since I like being on the front lines (which is largely due to my short move range, but all the same!).

Oh yeah! Is it alright if I take your Shock Wand, Code?

Of course ;) I did an item distribution/consolidation a few posts back and I gave the Wand to you seeing as you could amplify it with Charge ^_^ Unless Lycan decides to ruin the party by limiting Charge's effects to Thunder Fang or Spark.... I even increased your Ice Cream stockpile as well. Debating whether I should have the other half of the Ice Cream or Lily. Right now I have it going to me but if Lily wants it, who am I to argue.

As for the Sitrus Berry, WooWoo would be the ideal candidate to lobby since he has Rock Attacks that allow him to attack from 5 spaces away now and largely has hid inside obstacles to avoid taking damage(like seriously has WooWoo been hit at all?).

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So just Meta left to check in. Anyone else want to comment on items or want to lobby for additional purchases? Any ETA on Chapter 4 Lycan?

Edit* The more I look at the Apprentice Wand set, the more I want to buy it lol. All the better with the Storage System since we don't have to take it all with us. That Quarter Wand though.... would be deadly on a high HP boss(like seriously powerful).

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
So just Meta left to check in. Anyone else want to comment on items or want to lobby for additional purchases? Any ETA on Chapter 4 Lycan?

Edit* The more I look at the Apprentice Wand set, the more I want to buy it lol. All the better with the Storage System since we don't have to take it all with us. That Quarter Wand though.... would be deadly on a high HP boss(like seriously powerful).

I'm still going to be occupied with my exams for the rest of the week, but hopefully shortly after that. :)

Hah, and that's why you should maybe have a look at the wand's fine print. ;]

Back