• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Main thread

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Best of luck! <33

The wand set is quite tempting, I agree. We can cheese bosses with our long range. :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Too bad there aren't Seeds(aka items) that inflict status ailments. Sleep or Frost/Frozen would be highly sought after as I see it. *I've been watching a PMD EoS walkthrough so I'm familiarizing myself with items*

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Hey all! o/

First of all, I must apologize for the radio silence. I had been planning to post once I knew more about when the next chapter would be ready. I've been telling myself "Oh, I have some time in like three days to work on FTE" for weeks, but in the end never got to it. The next chapter is for ~80% done... just as it was weeks ago. And holy cheese, I can't believe it's been that long since I last showed my face here, oops, so much for my sense of time.

The main reason for my lack of activity is that I'm currently working on my Bachelor thesis and it's a lot more work than I had anticipated for. After working on it for a full day, I just don't have the energy to do anything that takes more energy than, say, reading a book and have been spending my evenings doing mostly exactly that for the sake of my own sanity.
As much as I'd love to continue the game, I don't think I am reasonably able to right now. (That is, without making immensely long phases and completely stressing myself out.) I really hate to do this, but FTE will stay on a break until sometime in July probably. I'm terribly sorry to keep you all waiting, but I hope you can understand.

Stay awesome, guys!
- Lycan

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It's alright. If I can wait this long, I can wait until July too

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
At least there's an update to your status. Was looking at your last login the other day and was like... wtf... 5 weeks since last login? I've basically gone through FTE withdrawal already so waiting another month isn't going to kill me. Mozilla patiently awaits your return with a free Mago Berry.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
LYCANNNN!! :D

Phew, it's a relief to hear back from you again! Don't sweat it at all, and just take things at your own pace, alright? We'll be waiting right here for ya. ^__^

(Also, good luck with your thesis!! It sounds rather painful, eek...)

Years
That's killer to have to do a thesis for your Bachelor's...thanks for the update! I'm content with that; take your time and get your real life priorities taken care of first.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
While Lycan falls into the Educational Abyss, let's do a roll call of sorts to get everyone back here and reiterate what their move choices are, Evolution choice(if applicable) and what to buy from the shop. I think we were in agreement about the Porygon Storage System but does anyone want anything else like another Berry pack for example. I've already made my case on not evolving and I'm replacing Ember with Flame Burst and foregoing learning Hex.

As to what to do with our existing items, I made a distribution list of sorts several posts back where I consolidated items like the Ice Cream(since we got more thanks to Lycan's B-Day). Some of you made posts agreeing to such action but for those who've yet to comment, here's what I had in mind in the spoiler below:

Here is a rough idea of what everyone would have:

Spoiler:

PS: Lycan keeps the presents.

Hyzenthlay

Years
Wow, good luck with your thesis!! I'm sure you'll do great!

And don't you dare worry about stressing yourself over FTE for our sakes—we're perfectly okay with waiting! The game won't go anywhere! :)

It sadly seems like Code is out of action for the remainder of FTE. I'll review my own decisions when I get some extra time!

Lycanthropy

Years
183.png

Salutations, my friends! I have finished the final touches of the next map, which means FTE will resume in a few days!

So, the important question is... who is still in? :D

(To anybody else reading this: if you think this looks cool, feel free to sign up using the sign-up sheet in the first post! ^-^ )

Last edited:
Years
I am still here, and am offering my services as the team's tactician from this point on for anyone wanting some help with their moves. Carrying on from intermission, I do not wish to evolve until overall my stats improve as an Azumarill. Once we have an idea of who returns, I will look again at our shopping and evolution options. If any of you want to evolve or suggest some items we should buy or sell, feel free to mention it.

TrGHWW6.png
: "I happen to have found a pool of water near the cave entrance, so I feel refreshed and ready to help out again! I'll try not to faint next battle."

EDIT: Actually, I'll go through the stuff we can do now, so that we can decide what to do while waiting for everyone that can come back to do so.

fGdIKEd.png
: "Let's see...some important notes from Lucario to begin with."

"Patch Notes"
Map and Stats (slightly out of date due to some people leaving)
Shopping and Evolution

fGdIKEd.png
: "Hmm, currently our team is considering these move changes..."

Coral: I know I said before that I was replacing Rock Smash with Aqua Ring, but I actually want to replace Defense Curl with Aqua Ring instead. I will also not evolve (would become weaker overall).
Lutin: Replacing Bite with Crunch.
WooWoo: Not changing the moveset.
Glacier: Replacing Powder Snow with Aurora Beam. If Glacier evolves now to a Ninetales using an Ice Stone, Dazzling Gleam becomes an option.
Nah: Replacing Sandstorm with Dragon Claw.
Lily: Replacing Absorb with Giga Drain and Sleep Powder with Aromatherapy. Lily has the ability to evolve using a Sun Stone, but right now the plan is to not evolve.
Mercy: Not changing the moveset.
Krakanos: Replacing Cut with Slash.
Cuddles: Replacing Mist with Rest.
Freesia: Replacing Leech Seed with Double-Edge. Evolution is available.
Priscilla: Not changing the moveset.
Felix: Replacing Baby-Doll Eyes with Thunder Fang, is interested in evolution but is not yet ready to do so.
Meta: Unknown. Slash can be learned. Evolution is also an option.

fGdIKEd.png
: "Our full inventory of items look like this."

Aspear Berry x1 (Freesia)
Big Root x1 (Lily)
Black Sludge x1 (Freesia)
Cheri Berry x2 (Lutin x1, Mercy x1)
Chesto Berry x2 (Woowoo, Cuddles)
Corsola Twig x2 (Meta)
Cursed Shawl x1 (Coral)
Dynamite x1 (Unused)
Eggant Berry x2 (Nah x1, Freesia x1)
Escape Orb x4 (Coral x1, Krakanos x2, Lily x1)
Flare Wand x1 (Glacier)
Fishing Rod x2 (Cuddles x1, Freesia x1)
Geo Pebble x2 (Woowoo)
Gravelerock x9 (Lutin x5, Priscilla x1, Meta x3)
Hard Stone x1 (Felix)
Heart Scale x1 (Freesia)
HM Cut x1 (Krakanos)
HM Rock Smash x1 (Krakanos)
Jetpack x2 (Felix x1, Unused x1)
Leppa Berry x2 (Priscilla x1, Cuddles x1)
Lum Berry x5 (Coral x1, Felix x1, Nah x1, Meta x1, Freesia x1)
Luminous Moss x1 (Meta)
Mago Berry x1 (Nah)
Miracle Seed x1 (Lily)
Mystic Water x1 (Cuddles)
Oran Berry x1 (Coral)
Pecha Berry x5 (Krakanos x1, Woowoo x1, Cuddles x1, Mercy x1, Unused x1)
Pecha Scarf x1 (Glacier)
Persim Berry x2 (Felix x1, Mercy x1)
Poison Spike x3 (Nah)
Poke Doll x2 (Nah x1, Lily x1)
Pumkin Berry x3 (Lutin x1, Cuddles x1, Mercy x1)
Present x2 (Unused)
Revival Herb x1 (Priscilla)
Running Shoes x1 (Unused)
Rocky Helmet x1 (Priscilla)
Salac Berry x3 (Lutin x1, Glacier x1, Unused x1)
Sharp Beak x1 (Priscilla)
Shock Wand x1 (Unused)
Sitrus Berry x4 (Krakanos x1, Woowoo x1, Lutin x1, Meta x1)
Slow Wand x3 (Coral x1, Glacier x2)
Spell Tag x1 (Woowoo)
Stardust x1 (Priscilla)
Stick x3 (Felix x1, Mercy x2)
Suspicious Ice Cream x9 (Felix x2, Lily x1, Unused x1, Unused x5)

fGdIKEd.png
: "We also have 6750 Poke to use. There was 6000 inside Simisear's Pouch. We will go ahead and sell the Stardust for the agreed 1500 Poke and we will spend 3500 Poke to purchase the Storage System. There are still some things we can do, including more purchases, but I'd like to talk to my team about that first."

So we have 4750 Poke left to use assuming the purchase for the Storage System goes well. Here are my thoughts on some of the notable items, but I'm open to anyone wanting a particular item instead:

Berries: Anyone's call on what to do with these. Any berries that people do not want will probably get stored. Coral will keep her Oran Berry and is offering the Lum Berry for anyone interested.

Big Root: Lily's call here to make, but only Lily (Giga Drain) and Coral (Aqua Ring) can benefit from this. Coral would be fine without it, but I wouldn't deny the item if Lily wants to give it away.

Black Sledge: Freesia is the only one that benefits from this item, so it should stay with Freesia.

Cursed Shawl: Coral will be keeping this item, but if Coral ends up getting Big Root and Rocky Helmet, this would be the item up for grabs. It has a chance to Disable for 3 turns a contact move used on the Pokemon.

Dynamite: Krakanos claimed this item during the break, and I have no objections to it myself.

Escape Orb: Coral will keep hers in her inventory, just in case. Krakanos and Lily can decide what to do with theirs.

Hard Stone: I don't think anyone has a Rock move. I would store it unless someone wants it.

Heart Scale: We should store this one until we feel we should use the Move Relearner service.

HM Moves: These will be stored, but if anyone wants to learn Cut or Rock Smash, it's easy to pull it out, use it, then put it back in.

Jetpack and Running Shoes: Mozilla had them, but they are now free for anyone that wants them. Coral will pass on them.

Presents: I think we could sell these unless someone wants to use them.

Rocky Helmet: Coral is eyeing this one in particular of the items available, but it is Priscilla's call to make.

Sharp Beak: Meta should get this item, but it is Priscilla's call to make.

Spell Tag: Only Woowoo and Mercy can use this item. It's their call whoever wants it.

Wands: Coral will keep her Slow Wand. The other wands are up to the rest of you.

All other items: Up to their respective owners if they want to keep them or not. Unwanted items will either be sold or stored.

fGdIKEd.png
: "Let's see, there was some interest in the Apprentice's Wand Set in the past, but unsure if people still want it. I think that covers this huge update, whew."

If there's anyone wanting to join, but is undecided on what Pokemon to be, we have lack of Fire coverage moves due to Mozilla leaving. We can work with whatever Pokemon joins up, though.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Yaaaaay, it makes me happy to see this game back in action!! ❤ Welcome back, Lycan! n_n

Also, it's really awesome to see you taking initiative, Tails! Our team is in good hands! :)

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
I'm still good to go for this next round :)

Edit: I don't know if I said this before or not, but I've got Simisear's pouch in my inventory and would definitely like to open that up to see what it contains. Who knows how useful that item may turn out to be

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
My little pink Shinx is back in action!!
Shinx-happy.png

I'll have Felix replace Baby-Doll Eyes with Thunder Fang. <3

If anyone is willing to trade me a Sitrus or Oran Berry, that'd be much appreciated! :)

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
I'm so glad to see so many people are still in for this game after quite a wait! <3

Hard Stone: I don't think anyone has a Rock move. I would store it unless someone wants it.

Just so you know, the Hard Stone ups all Rock type attacks, including those of thrown Gravelerocks and Geo Pebbles, of which you have quite a number. :]

Edit: I don't know if I said this before or not, but I've got Simisear's pouch in my inventory and would definitely like to open that up to see what it contains. Who knows how useful that item may turn out to be

The pouch contained 6000 Poké and an ominous foreshadowing letter! I wonder what that could mean? :]

Back