• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokémon announces video showcase for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

New Pokémon games video presentation announced

New Pokémon games video presentation announced

The news we’ve been all waiting – more news on the upcoming Pokémon titles!
Years
Finally, the news we've been waiting for! Pokémon will be featuring the newest remakes on their YouTube channel next week! Is there anything you're wanting to see specifically, or perhaps not see, in this feature?

pkmin3033

They certainly took their sweet time about it.

I don't think there is anything specific I want out of this, other than absolutely none of all the other crap they've been doing recently, like awful music by random artists that has nothing to do with Pokemon.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
I hope it will be something good to get me exciting again but for now, I do not think i have any expectations for these remakes sadly

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Okay, first of all CUSTOMIZATION IS BACK OMG OMG I didn't expect it in this game but it's my FAVORITE FEATURE OF ALL TIME
I'm gonna spend more time dressing up my character than actually playing Pokemon again, I swear
EDIT: Oh, you can't mix and match clothes? :/ That's a little disappointing, but better than it not being in the game at all like I was expecting.

Second, wow, is it me or did anyone else warm up to the graphics after seeing this? I'm not sure if they changed them from the first footage we saw, or if they just used unflattering ones for that, but it looks way better.

Those "Pokemon Hideaways" look straight out of Mystery Dungeon, kinda weird to be running around there as a human character, but kinda cool.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The customization is similar to what they did with Let's Go. It is just sets. You will probably get more outfits as you go through the game.

But it still has not at all made me want to buy it. Megas might be in the game, but I think it will be handled similar to Let's Go. I don't expect new pokemon. Especially since it is not in Ranked with Sword and Shield.

The Pokemon Hideaways again is similar to Let's Go and the Wild Area. They just roam around.

Years
So yeah, i'm probably going to wait AFTER the game release to buy it to see if there's a national dex or not. Looks promising, but still very skeptical since they haven't officially announced it.

I am very surprised at the presentation of both BDSP and LoA. I mean my expectations were low to begin with, but all I can say is "You win this round TPC!"

Years
I'm definitely gonna try to get a Houndoom in the Pokemon areas you can access in the underground, just have to figure out what I need to put in my base to get them to show up.

Happy to see some sort of customization in the game.

Also they improved Barry's model, now he has his hair outlined.

Looking forward to picking up my copies of these remakes.

Battle Trainer 1823

Welp, the remakes are looking quite good so, I think we still have hope. xD

If they were to use Swarms, the Poké Mansion and the Poké Radar, it would be a good way to add many Pokémon from either Gen 1-3 or Gen 5-8, I mean, they can, most Pokémon from this game aren't coded in Sword/Shield so, it's the perfect way to reintroduce a National Pokédex.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Warmed up a bit to the remakes. Built up some of the region's features without removing them. Was surprised to see stickers get a facelift.

Cannot justify purchasing it still. Likens it to the new Switch model. Acknowledges its improvements over the original. Changes too little about the core experience to fork over the cash.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
The new Underground mechanics interest me, and after seeing Togekiss, Yanmega, and some Eeveelutions in the trailer, I'm getting more hope that the Platinum dex will be used, or even expanded.

I'll still wait for more information, especially on version exclusives. If the version exclusives are the same as Diamond and Pearl, I'll probably go with Shining Pearl. But if Mismagius is exclusive to Brilliant Diamond or no version exclusive at all, I'll pick Brilliant Diamond.

Years
Underground, contests, Platinum Pokémon like Houndoom.. yes! Honestly quite liked the BDSP trailer and am definitely a lot more excited to play now than before.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
pokemon_bdsp_pokedex_hint_by_pageemperor_depfry7-fullview.jpg

Last time I checked, the anglerfish was in neither DP or Platinum's dexes. According to my guide book it can only be found in Route 220 with a Super rod. Accordingly, you can only get a Super rod in Platinum via post game. This means that they are actually going to do more than just the 210 provided mons from Platinum, or they just made it that you can get the Super rod earlier.

Thoughts, and anyone want me to make a separate discussion regarding it?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
pokemon_bdsp_pokedex_hint_by_pageemperor_depfry7-fullview.jpg

Last time I checked, the anglerfish was in neither DP or Platinum's dexes. According to my guide book it can only be found in Route 220 with a Super rod. Accordingly, you can only get a Super rod in Platinum via post game. This means that they are actually going to do more than just the 210 provided mons from Platinum, or they just made it that you can get the Super rod earlier.

Thoughts, and anyone want me to make a separate discussion regarding it?

You could still get the Super Rod in the same place at Platinum. With how much stuff I seen people say was in Platinum and no Diamond and Pearl, I am starting to wonder if people actually did the post game at all in Diamond and Pearl. Because it is basically the same. You can go to the Fighting Area and the Resort Area ect, all in Diamond and Pearl as well as Platinum.

Back