• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think you'll have a good Christmas this year (mood wise)?

MotionBlack

Heart-eartH
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
We all know its coming and some of us know that we can't avoid it, especially when family comes into town, so what's your Christmas going to be like?

I know that some of us will get into arguments especially with certain members of the family over topics like the NFL kneeling situation, trans issues, sexuality, Trump and race relations, but I hope for all that this Christmas is going to be different. Maybe you'll spend Christmas on the PokeCommunity discord, I don't know. What I do know is that people who enjoy that Christmas should be miserable on Christmas day.

So, what's your 2018 Christmas holidays going to look like, mood wise?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I'll remain optimistic, although I look forward to seeing certain people, some of who may not be around this year.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I'm going to have a good Christmas! I get to spend it with me AND my boyfriend's family, and this year I have a full time job so I'm less stressed about finances.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Last Christmas was... not fun for me. So I'm hoping this year will be better. I'm not really a Christmas person to begin with so my expectations are low.

Years
I think mine will be nice enough. Just having a small family dinner in the evening and chilling during the day. Basically, I don't have much to worry about unless my health issues decide to shit all over me like last year.

MotionBlack

Heart-eartH
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
I feel like Christmas is going to be great except for the prospect of a no deal Brexit looming over ours head this year.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
I feel this Christmas will be okay to good emotionally for me this year; I'm hoping 2019 will be a good year for loved ones and myself as well.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
It started out rough for me at first. I missed the first run of Frosty the Snowman, which is like my Christmas tradition. :c I was so upset for a while and wanted to cry because Frosty means a lot to me. However, I was able to watch it later on because CBS re-aired it. So, I think other than that little mishap there, I feel like my Christmas might be okay for this year. It also started out rough because our tree stopped working. So, we had to get a new one to put up. It all worked it in the end either way!

Years
I absolutely adore everything about Christmas and I'm very optimistic!

tenor.gif

I have a very large extended family and so I enjoy going to seeing everyone at church on Christmas Eve and at my grandmother's for a gift exchange and for a fabulous meal on Christmas day. Even though some of my family members have contrasting views, Christmas isn't a time when controversial topics are openly discussed and debated and for that I am thankful. I just genuinely love everything about the season, I love the decorations, the food, the Christmas shopping, spending time with friends and family, etc. This may be my last Christmas living at home, as I am planning to move out after high school graduation. I want to make the best of it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2020
I'm really, really hoping I'll have a good Christmas. I really hope everyone likes what I got them for gifts, since I did kinda wing it for a lot of people, though some of it was based on what they expressed in the past.

But it's not just the presents I'm worried about; 2016 was an awful Christmas all around, and I still hold some resentment for it, I won't lie. I want to avoid that, but I dunno. Christmas 2017 was better, but I had to think to remember much from it. I only hope Christmas 2018 isn't a bad one.

Metriname

its metr
Years
i feel like christmas is going to be ok, nothing special for this year and i sadly wasn't able to buy any gifts (all i had time to was draw one), but i mean, most of family's here so it can't be bad.

Years
I doubt it. My home is stressful at the moment. My mother always tries to start fights with my sister & I. So I'll probably keep to myself as much as I can

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
i don't have to speculate, i'm hung over from drinking cheap whiskey by myself and i'm probably going to repeat that tonight, most of the people i really care about are out of state, dead, or haven't contacted me in over a year, and i'm getting laid off next month
i'm probably at a two year low right now, i really need to pull myself together, reach out to people myself, and do some job searching, but i'm in too bad of a mood to start on it

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
i don't have to speculate, i'm hung over from drinking cheap whiskey by myself and i'm probably going to repeat that tonight, most of the people i really care about are out of state, dead, or haven't contacted me in over a year, and i'm getting laid off next month
i'm probably at a two year low right now, i really need to pull myself together, reach out to people myself, and do some job searching, but i'm in too bad of a mood to start on it
oof, sounds rough =[

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Yep. I left the US, married the love of my life, moved to Finland, and gave the middle finger to Trump and his halfwit followers. Safe to say my Christmas was great, and so will the next however many I have.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Can we talk about how our Christmases were now? Mine was awful!

We went up to another state up north for what was supposed to be 5 days. I already didn't want to go. The drive was awful (as expected). Spent Christmas Eve at my stepdad's sister's house, where her husband got into another fight with my mom and my stepdad (as expected). Then we were held up on our last day by a car dealership that didn't know how to do anything properly, so we had to stay overnight in a different city because we'd be driving until 2 am(unexpected). We didn't leave until 4 today, which I hated because I was exhausted and wanted to just go home. On top of all that, my mom was rude again the entire time. So, just like all previous excursions similar to this one, I was miserable and don't want to go again.

baire

many such cases
Years
uhh my family left to meet part of my extended family on the 24th, while a childhood friend of mine invited me to travel to the US w/ him and one other guy and my plane didnt leave until the 26th so I spent christmas alone and it was p uneventful, just a lot of packing/prep

but I was happy during it, since I had something to look forward to. we've only been here a day and I'm already loving it, between just spending a lot of time w/ other people and exploring a strange new culture and being able to share that experience with someone has more than made up for the lackluster christmas (from discovering an ihop that served steak w/ pancakes and eggs and ordering it just for kicks to the constant fangirling over lime scooters idk if I could pinpoint any one thing, the US is pretty wacky)

Back