• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what were the best things that happened to you during the 2010s (now by year!)

Years
  • (Nov 13th Edit): I've decided to take this in a slightly different direction now that there are less than 50 days left in the year!
    What were the best things to happen to you over the past ten years, per year?

e.g.
    2010 - graduated high school!
    2011 - got out of a toxic relationship!
    2012 - saw the legendary britney spears in person
    etc.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Cat
    The one I have now and the one I had five years ago which idr if I got her in 2009 or 2010

Years
  • getting perhaps the best job i've had in my life so far as of like last week

it's kind of sad that out of everything that's happened that would be my first pick out of the best thing that's happened within the past decade. that's how you can tell this decade has been nothing but a rollercoaster lol

also getting modded on this site counts because i like this place!

Last edited:

pkmin3033

It's a toss up between meeting my partner (met in 2014, got together in 2016) and graduating from University the first time. I think in terms of immediate happiness the latter wins out, but the former has provided my life with a more consistent sense of purpose and meaning so it's better in the long run.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Got a cat!!!

Also graduated, I guess, but more importantly: got a cat!!!

Years
  • 2010 - beat depression to the curb
    2011 - almost nothing, but maybe getting my learner's permit to drive counts?
    2012 - had the best time connecting with friends in high school
    2013 - graduated high school
    2014 - got my first job
    2015 - got involved with my college SGA and volunteered a lot
    2016 - got drunk for the first time :why:
    2017 - graduated with my AS degree
    2018 - finished off the year getting a hotel room entirely on my own and to myself
    2019 - becoming an uncle to my brother's child (technically born 12/31/2018) and also my stepsister's child (born June this year)

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    2010 - Got my first cat
    2011 - Graduated from school
    2012/2013 - Nothing, shit years
    2014 - Traveled to Chile to start leaving there (sad part is I had to leave my cat there, but she's alive and well thankfully :why:)
    2015 - Started High School in Chile, met new friends, etc.
    2016 - Nothing important here, for what I remember.
    2017 - Graduated from High School, got drunk for the first time, that was a fun year tbh
    2018 - Adopted my second cat :fufu:
    2019 - Nothing, another awful year.

Last edited:

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • 2010 - My mind does not remember 2010 for some reason :(
    2011 - graduated
    2012 - awful year, nothing good happened really
    2013 - graduating again
    2014 till 2017 - trash years, probably the worst time in my life so far
    2018 - graduated in high school
    2019 - TBD, it's not done just yet

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't know if I can go by year... my memory is pretty fuzzy. Anyway, I started going to an anime convention in 2009. I didn't really get into it until 2010... does that count? Well, the reason I chose this is because it's the most memorable. I made so many friends here when I went. A lot more than I have in my entire life time. <3 I'm going to say this as my best because of that, especially since we stopped going by 2019 (though due to a personal thing).

Years
  • 2010-2012 - Nothing really happened
    2013 - Became friends with someone that I still hang out with
    2014-2016 - Nothing really happened here either
    2017 - Joined the friends circle I'm currently in
    2018 - Joining the furry fandom / visiting Chicago
    2019 - Finally started being more open about certain aspects of my life

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Nice topic. ^-^
    Let's see.

I graduated school (2011), graduated university (2017), got my first job (2018), got my second job (2019). I also met some people who are still in my life today (~2015-present).

Put like this doesn't sound like much, but I really like my new job and my first job was an experience. I also travelled a bit, which is always fun.

Years
  • honestly I can't really say much about anything until 2018, which was the best year for me since I got into an amazing relationship with the man of my life. In 2019 I spent 7 months living with him (we're long distance at the moment). Everything before seemed like such a hot mess for one reason or another.....mostly due to mental health/anxiety issues. Things are great lately though, thanks 2018 and 2019 👌

Last edited:
    Years
  • 2010: I literally do not remember this year but allegedly, it happened
    2011: Went to my first concert and made the deans list for the first time in college
    2012: Honestly I haven't felt alive since 2012 it was my last good year
    2013: Graduated college
    2014: First job

Every year after sucked

Back