• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you! (Version 20XX)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
7/10 - I like it. Definitely gives the feels of walking in some forest.

A short repetitive song that plays when you enter your workshop. It's been stuck in my head, lol.

Years
7/10

Whilst I wouldn't necessary call it stand out it's an warm, energetic and enjoyable piece of background music.

Years
There's not......overly much to it. However considering when this plays, that's actually what makes this song so goddamned good. 8/10!

Bringing it back to why this forum is here in the first place!

Years
d/p/pt has such good music.
I like how this one is lively but doesn't feel out of place as the "night" version. 7/10

Needs more of this though ;)

TY

its that song that always puts me to sleep everytime I kept playing in the late hours and ended up with a giant DS marker on my face, no bueno
Also I find the day theme to be better than the night theme ngl

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
8/10--One of the few Mario games I actually like. Such a relaxing tune. I could probably fall asleep to this tbh.

And here's one of my favorite video game tracks. (My favorite rendition of it too).

Last edited:
Years
8/10
Really pretty. It gives a real sense of awe like looking at something just unspeakably breathtaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
8/10

The build up was a bit slow but I always like melancholic tracks! I never actually paid attention to the OST of Corpse Party, didn't know it was this good.

My favourite track of this OST is actually also a rather slow and mellow tune, but I thought I'd pick something with a bit more contrast to gp's

pkmin3033

6/10. It's alright, but it's not really my thing.

Time to annoy!

Years
I.......atmospheric I only realy enjoy if actually listening to whilst in-game, a 5/10 for me.

Going to revive this thread in style, sticking close to the heart of the forum!

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Not the best battle music for Pokemon; really good, but there's definitely much better/more iconic. I have good memories of Omega Ruby and fighting Team Magma, so definitely gotta give it points for that. Overall, it's a standard Pokemon song in my eyes.

How about from a classic SNES game? Wait for that surprise to kick in. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
it's so odd to me, i played earthbound just a few years ago, yet i feel like i can't remember much about it -- until THAT part kicks in, then i'm like NO I REMEMBER THIS SHIT. lmao i love how the beat starts getting haywire and you don't know where the song is gonna go at that point. you're really not expecting that heavy metal dive that it takes. but i'm all about it. one of the best songs in the game, tbh. 9/10

i specifically chose this version of the song just bc it's what i remember the most.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Alright so gonna give that a 5 and the reason for that is that me 'n Yoko have this sort of battle going on, which is really how everything is in Kingdom Hearts with me . I enjoy the games and all that but the atmosphere is so dysphoric for me that I find it unsettling rather than charming? Twilight Town's probably the best example of this- getting off track tho.

I guess my problem with this one is that and the fact that it seems like Yoko's average chant meets violin in probably a battle scenario fare. I wanna like it more but it just doesn't really grab me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Alright so gonna give that a 5 and the reason for that is that me 'n Yoko have this sort of battle going on, which is really how everything is in Kingdom Hearts with me . I enjoy the games and all that but the atmosphere is so dysphoric for me that I find it unsettling rather than charming? Twilight Town's probably the best example of this- getting off track tho.

I guess my problem with this one is that and the fact that it seems like Yoko's average chant meets violin in probably a battle scenario fare. I wanna like it more but it just doesn't really grab me.

Your video doesn't work oh wait I can easily fix that for you actually. Just use the end of the youtube link (after the =) instead of the whole url :)

Very epic. The voice/lyrics were great, but the initial piano and overall melody really was pretty generic somehow. Still, gotta love epic and emotional VGMs. I'll give it a 7/10!

Now, have one of my recent ambience favs. It's a bit long but have patience (listen at least until 01:48 ahah)

Back