• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your favorite final fantasy game of all time

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
  • okay, so like i did with Your favorite dragon quest game of all time, i want to make this thread to discuss everyone's favorite Final Fantasy game of all time. put your opinions down below. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I finished Final Fantasy 7 a couple months ago, and it's the only one I've completed. It's my favorite by default.

Although I played a couple of the older NES titles, I didn't make any real progress.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Final Fantasy 7 without a doubt for me.

Thats not to say the entire series of entries isn't filled with tons of memorable and emotional moments though. Its very difficult to pick one over the other. Close seconds for me would be X/X-2, IV, II, IX and...XIV.

Last edited:

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • 7 definitely has a special place in my heart but I would honestly have to give it to 3, specifically the DS remake.

Although if we want to count FF14 expansions as their own games, Shadowbringers is definitely my favourite FF content of all time.

Years
  • Final Fantasy 6 or 'Final Fantasy III' if we are being funny. I like if more for the characters and visual style than FFVII. I was not really into the polygons that FFVII introduced and was offput by the proportional style.

Mainline, it is 6 (probably tied with 1) but all time is probably Final Fantasy Tactics. I had loads of fun playing rhat back in the day.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I definitely have a soft spot for FFIX since it's what got back into JRPGs back in the early 2000's. I also really enjoyed FFV, aka the forgotten one, quite a bit. All the class combinations and ways you could fool around with your characters was really fun. Also, the OST is godly.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • Not gonna go for numerals since they're a pain to type haha. FF6, FF7, and FF10 are the only ones I've beaten, but I've enjoyed those three thoroughly. I've seen my bro play FF12 on our PS4 and it looked cool. I've beaten Crisis Core, Dissidia, and Dissidia 012 as well-- great spin-offs in their own right.

However, if I have to pick, I'll go with FF6, since it was the first one I actually finished. I still look back to it fondly. Sabin, Terra, and Celes are iconic characters in my mind. Plus, Kefka is a great villain.

I've played FF1-8, seen 9, played 10, and seen 12 and 13.

Years
  • I haven't played that many honestly, only FFX and FFXII - although I know a little about VII and really want to play it and XIV. I didn't enjoy XII very much but FFX is one of my all time favourite games. I enjoyed the gameplay, characters, story and holy shit the music is so good. I keep thinking of getting the remastered version but I already have the original PS2 version so it'd be a bit of a waste.

bh02032002

Years
  • I finished Final Fantasy 7 a couple months ago, and it's the only one I've completed. It's my favorite by default.

Although I played a couple of the older NES titles, I didn't make any real progress.

there's a NDS version of 3 which is better than the japanese NES one. also the GBA dawn of souls is really good to in my opinion. maybe try getting a emulator and rom for those.

Final Fantasy 7 without a doubt for me.

haven't tryed it but i'm doing the final fantasy's in order and i'm currently on 4 so yeah you should play them all (or at least most of them)

Thats not to say the entire series of entries isn't filled with tons of memorable and emotional moments though. Its very difficult to pick one over the other. Close seconds for me would be X/X-2, IV, II, IX and...XIV.

true The series is amazing due to some games having a good ending and some have a hurtful ending in my opinion.

7 definitely has a special place in my heart but I would honestly have to give it to 3, specifically the DS remake.

Although if we want to count FF14 expansions as their own games, Shadowbringers is definitely my favourite FF content of all time.

i played XIV 3 or 4 years ago and i enjoyed it. only reason i stopped playing is cause the credit card function quit working lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I have an original NES copy of 3. I don't mind grinding at all, since it's nice to do when listening to music or a podcast or something. My issue with older games is usually having no sense of direction. Most of the time I have to play while looking up a map.

Also I just started 13 a few days ago and it's pretty cool.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Also a shoutout to Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the SNES. That was my first RPG back in the early to mid 90's. It wasn't very good, but it was a game meant for beginners, and it's always been fun childhood memory of mine.

Years
  • World of Final Fantasy.

sure, it's more of a spin-off of the FF series, and at its core it's a Pokemon-esque version of Final Fantasy, but it's so much fun. like, I'd even go as far as to say it was fun for me to play as FFX was, which is saying a lot considering I have zero issues replaying FFX repeatedly. i feel like the big issue i can see with recommending WoFF is that it'd have to be to someone who has already played most FF titles considering there's like... a ton of references, lmao.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Crystal Chronicles. Used to play that a lot back in the day, was a lot of fun, both solo and with other people. It's not a mainline one, but the only mainline one I've ever finished was 13 (yes, really) lol

bh02032002

Years
  • Final Fantasy 6 or 'Final Fantasy III' if we are being funny. I like if more for the characters and visual style than FFVII. I was not really into the polygons that FFVII introduced and was offput by the proportional style.

Mainline, it is 6 (probably tied with 1) but all time is probably Final Fantasy Tactics. I had loads of fun playing rhat back in the day.

haven't tryed tactics but i played FF6 back in the day/

I definitely have a soft spot for FFIX since it's what got back into JRPGs back in the early 2000's. I also really enjoyed FFV, aka the forgotten one, quite a bit. All the class combinations and ways you could fool around with your characters was really fun. Also, the OST is godly.

i'm tempted to try FF5 when i'm done 4, as the bosses are giving me trouble in 4
    Don't hurt me for this, but 13-2
    And after that probably 10

i loved 13-2 personally and i also didn't mind FF10

Cid

Years
  • Man I wonder what a 3D remake of Final Fantasy VI would look like. Such a huge world, and so many characters in HD; we already have solid Tetsuya Nomura designs for Terra Branford and Locke Cole, too. With chibi designs for a few other characters due to Opera Omnia.

If they end up looking like the FMVs from the PlayStation ports though, I'd be surprised, but still interested. Yoshitaka Amano based models in 3D would make for a different experience.

Years
  • Super unpopular opinion.. but my favorite of all time is Final Fantasy 10-2. And of course 10. But out of that story line, 10-2 won my heart.

Back