• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Direct announces Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, Sword and Shield Expansion Pass

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Looks like we'll be getting a PMD remake and more content for Sword and Shield :o

Will you be getting them?

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Most likely will get the new Mystery Dungeon game remake. I love the new art style!

The expansion pack is a good start and if they are planning on more updates then it's a good thing they are going to extend the game's lifespan instead of releasing an ultra version with added content. It does look promising too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Certainly a lot to unpack

It has my attention, but obviously I can't get my hopes up right now. Would like these to be substantial, but we'll see what happens.

I'm glad though that the price for the expansion pass is $30, I was honestly expecting them to tell us it'd be like $60 or some bullshit like that.

I do wonder though how they're going to take into account that many people who are going to play the expansions are going to have a party full (or boxes full) of level 100 Pokemon by the time even just the first one is available.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Not gonna lie, I like what I'm seeing, though I am cautious about the pack.

It's insane to see Legendaries and even Water-types getting Galarian Forms this time around, though I would like more regions to get the spotlight instead of going full Star Wars by banking too much on muh nostalgia.

That aside, I am interested in the new variants of the Legendary Birds and the Slowpoke line, regardless, and especially with what are essentially new Regis.

7.8/10 too much Kanto.

Years
  • I like that I'll be able to buy these expansions for 30 dollars less than what a 2nd version would cost or 90 dollars less than 2 ultra versions or something, and the content does look really promising. I don't want to get too excited yet, but I think this is good.

pkmin3033

I am absolutely getting the PMD remake! I hope it has everything in it, though...and FRIEND AREAS. God, every PMD game after Blue/Red felt so soulless without Friend Areas. It's a little thing, but it was nice to pay my Pokemon a visit and watch them aimlessly wander around. Waiting for physical preorders though, because I am not paying £50 for it...

The Expansion Pass for SnS? Absolutely not.

User Anon 1848

I'll definitely be getting the PMD remake. If it sells well and they end up releasing a remake for Explorers of Sky then sign me up for that too. I'm hoping they just update the visuals and leave everything else alone. I enjoy the challenge and story as is when it comes to the first two PMD games. I don't want them mucking things up like they did with the Hoenn remakes.

I might even end up getting Sword & Shield now. I thought the Switch would be my first Nintendo console where I didn't touch a Pokemon but they reeled me back in.

Oof in between typing this post I read that they're adding mega evolution to the PMD remakes. They're already screwing with the games I loved. Just release the originals like they did for the Wii U please. They better not add the looplet system too. That will make things way too easy. There were already exploits in those games for those who wanted them. Slightly less hyped now. :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I love the fact that we're getting expansion packs but to me $30 for each one seems like a bit to much if you ask me. It had better last me longer than 30 mins nor do I want to pay $30 to wander around after finishing it. I dono...it seems really great but I don't know about the money.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Hopefully Lilligant is in the 200 Pokemon update. Whilst adding more Pokemon is welcome there will still be about Pokemon missing. Will the other Pokemon be added in a later pass.

Kingdra and Garchomp are in the 200 Pokemon which is nice and the G-Max Blastoise looks good.

How hyped I will be depends on what the 200 Pokemon are.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • See? I told you that not all hope is lost and we might see new eeveelutions in generation 8

I adore Galarian Articuno and Moltres, my fav legendary birds

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I'm really looking forward to the PMD remake, though whether I'll get it depends on the price point, hopefully it's one of those 39.99€ as e.g. the Crash and Spyro remakes – but given how Nintendo priced Link's Awakening or Wii U ports I fear it's not going to be the case. It's a great game I loved back in the days and I often get remakes of games I loved, but never for the price of new games. Anyway, everything about it looks great, I love the new art style and hopefully there's more added content than some new Pokémon and Megas.

The expansion pass is also a good concept, but I haven't bought SwSh yet and even if I will, the expansion pass seems overpriced, especially as a lot of that feels like content that wasn't ready on time for day one.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • HOLY SHIT A MYSTERY DUNGEON REMAKE IN 2020!!!

…Pardon my excitement. I saw rumors floating around about this yesterday, and said, "nah, that isn't gonna happen." I was starting to believe we'd NEVER get a new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, while it technically isn't new, I'm happy we're at the very least, getting another Mystery Dungeon, remake or not!! And I can play as my boy Machop!! Yes, I'm so happy!

ALSO OH MY GOD OH MY GOD GALARIAN SLOWPOKE MY BABY
    MY BABY

Also, I hear 200 more Pokémon are going to be added with the DLC expansion, which brings the total of Pokémon to.... 635 mons. I wonder how many new Pokémon we're getting, though! I do see we're getting new Regis, of all things? So, I wonder if we'll get more evolutions to old Pokémon?

Maybe in 2021, we'll get even more DLC to add the rest of the cut Pokémon, too?? That's be cool.
    Also, that now brings the Pokedex total up to 894, at the very least. I wonder if we're gonna make it all the way to 900 with this expansion pack??

Anyway, tl;dr, your boy is excited.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Dlc? Yeah.
    Pokémon MD remake? Probably not. I'm not too investested with it.

Do like the new things they've shown so far.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Oh my gosh, you wouldn't believe the rush of adrenaline I felt when I saw news of a PMD remake!!! While I'm not an expert at the games, you probably won't find anyone who loves them as much as I do, so this has really made the beginning of 2020 for me! :D It could also mean we'll see future PMD releases!

And the graphics, they're absolutely perfect—so warm and cute! I love stylised graphics like this. <3

I'm actually hoping new Pokémon from Gen IV onwards are added to the remake, myself. ^^

The SwSh news looks fun, too! I love the Galarian Legendary Birds!

Moltress.png
    Articuno.png
    Zapdos.png

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    I just spotted a Galarian Slowpoke. I would die for my buddy Slowpoke/ Slowbro to get a new form! I can already tell the design's going to blow me away

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • So, that $30 DLC for something people think should be standard.

Now I know people are going to start comparing Gamefreak to EA even harder than before. Not looking forward to seeing that shit storm.

Years
    • Seen today
    I love the fact that we're getting expansion packs but to me $30 for each one seems like a bit to much if you ask me. It had better last me longer than 30 mins nor do I want to pay $30 to wander around after finishing it. I dono...it seems really great but I don't know about the money.

Do keep in mind that it's $30 for both the locations. It's not $30 each.

I'm pretty excited for both games. I'm quite happy too that the games will be getting updated to add new pokemon which will please people unhappy with the original pokedex cuts.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    A POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON REMAKE?!?!?! OH THANK THE GOOD LORD ABOVE!

tenor.gif

I am not one to type in all caps but I simply cannot contain myself. This is the BEST news EVER!!!

User Anon 1848

After getting through the demo it seems my fears came true. They turned the game into easy mode. Your starters start off with moves that they normally didn't get until mid or endgame, enemies will always appear on the radar MGS 1/2 style, some TM's that are easily available to you could carry you through the entire game and the exp and money seems to come to you in bounds. They changed the dojo from an actual challenge to get exp to a place where you can endlessly respawn until the time runs out. Even the the last two games from the main series didn't hold my hand this much. Really off-putting. I can only hope that this stuff was exclusive to the demo but I highly doubt it. Game Freak love coddling us with their remakes. I'd much rather play the original games, inferior graphics and all. Too bad they probably wont release those anytime soon tho because then they can't milk us for a full priced game that's little more than a vapid reskin.

Back