• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Mythical Pokémon Revealed, Greninja wins Pokémon of the Year

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    so how long before darude memes revive

or am I the only one who's first thought was that

Years
  • zarude is ok. i don't hate the design, so there's that.

i think the top choices (aside from charizard) are pretty interesting tbh

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • (Damn I shoulda waited before making a thread myself)

Zarude is...a bit underwhelming? Typewise it's horrible, and there isn't much to salvage from its ability.

Also Greninja won a second popularity poll. How.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Can it learn Sandstorm?
    I like the design better than Zeraora and Meltan/Melmetal tbh. It's animalistic, and the red eyes are a nice detail.

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • First of all, I have a phobia of monkeys/apes/primates in general, so thanks for the demon monkey. Keep him so far away from me.

Second, **** that list so hard. Those top two are literally two of the most overhyped pieces of **** ever produced by Pokemon.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I like Zarude's design, though I certainly hope it can learn a move to counter bug types.

That Top 3 for Pokémon of the Year though... 😒

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I love the top ten choices! Some of my personal favourites are on it (Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Lucario!)

I like Zarude's design. It's certainly unique! Although, it kind of looks like an oversized, evil version of Grookey. I also do like it's typing as well. I'm excited to learn more about it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Zarude's pretty cool, actually. Dark/Grass is a nice typing. I knew it'd be a monkey from the start, so, yolo on that front.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I'm disappointed but not surprised, both at the Pokémon of the year and Zarude. I actually like the mon's design, but it wouldn't hurt if we stoped getting monkey Pokémon for once, the Grookey line was enough.

Years
  • Dark/Grass sounds like funny typing. But that's pretty much it for positive stuff about Zarude. It looks so uninspiring and bland. Nothing about it feels legendary or mythical. If I would see it without the trailer (and knowledge I have about it) I would probably pair it with Oranguru and Passimian as regular Pokémon from Alola. Really weird choice to have tropical monkey/ape Mythical Pokémon in the very same gen with tropical monkey/ape Starter Pokémon and non-tropical settings.

I don't have words for the list. Guessed about 90% of the Top 10. But I have to say that Rowlet, Bulbasaur and Chandelure surprised me with how high they are as well as Eevee being pretty low.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Why is it another Grass-type ape-like Pokémon? Rillaboom & friends weren't enough I suppose

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Scrafty didn't make it to top 30 for Gen 5, cue small violin.

So another monkey Pokemon eh? I'm 90% sure a number of people are tired of seeing monkeys but at least this one's a jerk? Hopefully it's a jerk. It's better than Zeraora at least.

Years
  • personally i feel like the fact that this is another primate(-esque?) pokemon makes this slightly more boring and perhaps could factor why i'm not as excited as i could be. ._.

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
    Years
  • Phenomenally disappointing news all around.

^Basically this. The mythical monkey looks very ugly to me, and the results for the favorite pokemon have me feeling very detached from other pokemon fans, since I can't understand why most of the winners are up there. To each their own, I guess.

Back