• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Do you still play

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Heck yeah. I mean, not as much obviously, but SWSH is still the definitive Pokémon game for me. I mostly do raids and shiny hunt. :)

Years
  • I have just made it to Wyndon on my second playthrough of Shield and this is the team I currently have

Rillaboom (Male)
    Unfezant (Female)
    Salazzle (Female)
    Heliolisk (Male)
    Seismitoad (Male)
    Rapidash (Male) (Galarian)

I want to do a third playthrough of Sword or Shield using both Hatterene & Grimmsnarl on the same team along with other Pokemon I haven't used before.

Inteleon
    Unfezant (Male)
    Hatterene (Female)
    Grimmsnarl (Male)
    Greedent or Sirfetch'd
    Araquanid

These were the teams on my first playthroughs of Sword & Shield

Sword

Inteleon (Male)
    Corviknight (Male)
    Toxtricity (Amped Form) (Male)
    Coalossal (Male)
    Eldegoss (Male)
    Frosmoth (Male)

Shield

Cinderace (Male)
    Corviknight (Male)
    Boltund (Male)
    Barraskewda (Male)
    Orbeetle (Male)
    Grapploct (Male)

The team on my second playthrough of Sword was

Rillaboom (Male)
    Corviknight (Male)
    Boltund (Male)
    Barraskewda (Male)
    Centiskorch (Male)
    Sandaconda (Male)

My team on my third playthrough of Sword was

Cinderace
    Corviknight
    Toxtricity (Low Key Form)
    Alcremie
    Drednaw
    Copperajah

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I occasionaly play the game again, usually to do some battles in the Battle Tower. I don't really bother with Raid Battles or anything else nowadays though.

Years
  • Not often right now, been playing Legends more actively instead! BDSP too I suppose but I don't think it fills the same hole SwSh did, since the graphics are not as good and there are less Pokémon I like available. Would like to to back and finish the Tundra DLC though, been ages and I still have not finished it. :(

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Nope. I've moved over to Legends Arceus. Since I finished the DLC in Shield, I just don't feel like playing right now. I may revisit it in the future to finish Dynamax Adventures at some point, but new Pokemon games are always a higher priority.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I mainly play my older games, only really booting up Sword to spend time with some of my favorites, like my Shiny Wartortle and Leafeon. I've also been collecting Apricorns, trying to get a Sport Ball, and re-hunting Shiny Snom/Frosmoth, hoping to find one at rarer odds. I adore moths and Ice-types, but I feel like I could love Frosmoth more and I'm hoping that finding one at 1/65536 odds or catching one in an ultra rare ball will do that for me.

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I mostly only really play Pokémon games nowadays for challenge purposes, SwSh included. So, not really, but I do have some challenges in my back pocket I probably should go and play.

That said, I do still have IoA and Crown Tundra to go through, so I guess I'll play for that eventually.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I went back to SwSh after finishing what I could for PLA and BDSP. I feel like there's just more to do with my Pokemon (the new and the migrated ones). The newer games seem empty because all I can do is catch the Pokemon within the game... I can't IV breed on BDSP because I'd have to start from scratch and that's a hassle. I'm just going to wait for Pokemon Home compatability.

In SwSh, I am still working on the DLC as well as shiny hunting in the Dynamax Adventures.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Part of me wish to continue finishing every DLC content so far and I finished where you get kubfu. I still don't know when that will happen as I have no clue where to contiune the tundra one

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yup! Just did not long ago actually! ( ⸝⸝•ᴗ•⸝⸝ )੭⁾⁾

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Part of me wish to continue finishing every DLC content so far and I finished where you get kubfu. I still don't know when that will happen as I have no clue where to contiune the tundra one
    As long as you got the Expansion Pass the key item needed to proceed to the Crown Tundra DLC should've been automatically given to you. Go to the train station in Postwick-Wedgehurst and you should be able to get there.

Or are you already at the Crown Tundra and don't know what next to do for its quests?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    As long as you got the Expansion Pass the key item needed to proceed to the Crown Tundra DLC should've been automatically given to you. Go to the train station in Postwick-Wedgehurst and you should be able to get there.

Or are you already at the Crown Tundra and don't know what next to do for its quests?

I'm already at Crown Tundra, I'm still clueless what to unlock for regigas part yet as I need to do some pokemon puzzle to enter the dungeon

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2022
    I played BDSP, it got me in a pretty heavy Pokémon video game mood. Then played the sh out of PLA, after catching like 50 shinies and beating the game. I'm now back to Sword/Shield getting into competitive and building shiny teams.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I've been on/off playing swsh, trying to get into competitive, shiny hunting in adventures, training a BUNCH of pokemon, I still find lots to do

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I restarted Sword just recently. Strangely enough gen 8 is one of these cases where I don't mind restarting (might have something to do with Nintendo's decision to lock trading behind a pay wall so I don't feel like I lose out on something). I did take a look at what clothing options they have in this game (and quickly realized that a lot of cool stuff is hidden behind a pay wall, as well).

So yeah, not caring much for my save means I have less of an issue restarting it. Also, I can't exactly play my old 3DS games anymore since the battery died on it...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Back at it. Will be focusing on adding to my aprimon collection. My strategy for this is to catch as many Pokémon as I can, place them in the Wonder Box on Home, and do about 10 trades (so 100 Pokémon) per day. Lol. This worked pretty good before BDSP. Got a Glastrier and a couple Spectrier (eBay fakes?) but traded them for some nice aprimons. The only Pokemon I don't have in an aprimon is Skwovet, even though I could trade for one with my dozen or so Kubfu, but I'll wait.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Back at it. Will be focusing on adding to my aprimon collection. My strategy for this is to catch as many Pokémon as I can, place them in the Wonder Box on Home, and do about 10 trades (so 100 Pokémon) per day. Lol. This worked pretty good before BDSP. Got a Glastrier and a couple Spectrier (eBay fakes?) but traded them for some nice aprimons. The only Pokemon I don't have in an aprimon is Skwovet, even though I could trade for one with my dozen or so Kubfu, but I'll wait.

Wonder Box is a gdamn miracle. I skipped from Gen V to Gen VIII in April and spent like a week just driving around wild area doing raids and wonder trades. So many 5-IV Apriball cast-offs! Managed to accumulate enough in my first week that I recently traded up to get a Zamazenta. Picked up some more great finds:
    - 5 IV Japanese Ditto
    -5 IV Jolly Beast Ball Gible
    -5 IV Jolly Beast Ball Extremespeed Dragonite
    -Just...so many Dreepy.

Personally I'm only just now starting the Isle of Armor almost two months after starting my save. Bred myself a capture Gallade (Sgt. Angel), Lure Ball Water Spout Squirtle, Dream Ball Galarian Slowpoke (the one I played my save with from the station had awful IVs), and caught a Gengar in a Master Ball to team up with the G-Max Charmander, Kubfu, and Bulbasaur I know I'll be getting!

Years
  • not really these days :c all my time is spent shiny hunting in bdsp, trying to regain motivation to finish l:a, or getting into other games.

Back