• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hisui Legends [M][OOC]

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Posted my sign-up somewhere above! Feel free to let me know if there's anything that needs to be changed. I wanted to make it more interesting but I really couldn't today... and yet, I still needed to get it out, so here we are~
    I'll probably flesh her out as the roleplay progresses, and I'm happy with making her a bit more... mysterious at first. I'll probably experiment with shorter posts and reflective sequences as well, if I can! If there's something that I still want to learn, is manage my time better when posting and not take ages to write a single post :)

Years
  • Spoiler:

The IC thread is up!

I have also set up a Discord server here. It's not mandatory to use it since we have this thread, but it might make things a bit quicker and convenient for communication purposes. Right now it's just the one channel, but I'll expand and organise it as we need it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Name: Adam Maynard
    Pronouns: He/Him
    Corps: Survey Corps

Appearance: 6'3"
    Spoiler:

Personality: "I'm an old man. I've a hundred, or maybe even a hundred more stories I could tell you to explain exactly who I am, but at the end of the day that time could be better spent elsewhere. Although, I might be coerced to loosen my lips if you wet my moustache with a bit of drink heavy with froth or foam, eheh."

Adam is a careful individual, one who through necessity and preference both has found himself sticking more and more to the shadows and taking the stealthy approach. Where once he may have boasted about how he lifted a stampeding Tauros square off the ground with a single hand, he preaches instead the benefits to careful thought and well laid plans.

He's a caring man, one who would put himself in front of others even if it would mean his own injury before his. When asked why he'd yet to retire to the security corps and leave the rest of the leg work to the younger generation, he replied with a curt laugh and something along the lines of it being 'his job to make sure the little ones don't get lost or hurt as they run and play about'.

Adam is playful and fatherly, seeing most of the people around the corps as his own children, or grandchildren even. Whenever he's not out in the field himself, he's ensuring that the other members of the various corps are doing well and will try to dish out some elderly wisdom where applicable.

Pokemon: Mort the Diglett
    Arena Trap
    Dig / Growl / Astonish / Mud Slap / Ancient Power

"Diglett, Dig. Diglett, Dig. Dig, Dig, Diglett."

Adam and one of the other survey corps recruits watch as Mort pops below the ground's surface only to pop up again some several hundred feet away before repeating the process several more times over.

'Oh yeah, he just kind of comes and goes as he pleases. Boy's got a mind of his own sometimes. He always comes back when he's called though, so I don't imagine he goes off too far. No idea what he's got going on up there, but he's loyal at the very least. Strangely I've nearly tripped over him nearly a dozen times these last few months. No idea how the lad's gotten so stealthy, but his efforts are admirable.'

Years
  • Name: Adam Maynard
    Corps: Survey Corps

Appearance: 6'3"
    Spoiler:

Personality: "I'm an old man. I've a hundred, or maybe even a hundred more stories I could tell you to explain exactly who I am, but at the end of the day that time could be better spent elsewhere. Although, I might be coerced to loosen my lips if you wet my moustache with a bit of drink heavy with froth or foam, eheh."

Adam is a careful individual, one who through necessity and preference both has found himself sticking more and more to the shadows and taking the stealthy approach. Where once he may have boasted about how he lifted a stampeding Tauros square off the ground with a single hand, he preaches instead the benefits to careful thought and well laid plans.

He's a caring man, one who would put himself in front of others even if it would mean his own injury before his. When asked why he'd yet to retire to the security corps and leave the rest of the leg work to the younger generation, he replied with a curt laugh and something along the lines of it being 'his job to make sure the little ones don't get lost or hurt as they run and play about'.

Adam is playful and fatherly, seeing most of the people around the corps as his own children, or grandchildren even. Whenever he's not out in the field himself, he's ensuring that the other members of the various corps are doing well and will try to dish out some elderly wisdom where applicable.

Pokemon: Mort the Diglett
    Arena Trap
    Dig / Growl / Astonish / Mud Slap / Ancient Power

"Diglett, Dig. Diglett, Dig. Dig, Dig, Diglett."

Adam and one of the other survey corps recruits watch as Mort pops below the ground's surface only to pop up again some several hundred feet away before repeating the process several more times over.

'Oh yeah, he just kind of comes and goes as he pleases. Boy's got a mind of his own sometimes. He always comes back when he's called though, so I don't imagine he goes off too far. No idea what he's got going on up there, but he's loyal at the very least. Strangely I've nearly tripped over him nearly a dozen times these last few months. No idea how the lad's gotten so stealthy, but his efforts are admirable.'

Welcome!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Made a small adjustment to Magnus's age since I wanted him a little older.

Also, some quick questions - what time of year is it? Do we add a date/time to our posts?

Are there still alpha Pokémon?

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Orion Archambeaux

Jubilife Village
    Construction Corps
      [tab=signup][/tab]

Corps:

Orion primarily works as a member of the Construction Corps, both as an architect and a labourer. He's known for his impeccable work ethic and diligence, and is an individual who takes immense pride in his work.

Appearance:

Orion stands at approximately 193.25 centimeters in height (6 foot 4 inches). Years of continuous labour have provided him with an equally impressive physique, Orion is lean and robust with striking muscularity. He has a deep, dark complexion and despite the ruggedness of his occupation, has soft, glowy skin. Orion''s almond-shaped eyes are a rich, chocolate brown, the color of decadent black forest cake. There is asymmetry with his features, having a slightly slanted grin, unevenness in his brows, however, the man's allure was undeniable. Referring to Orion as "beautiful" is perhaps the most accurate description one could make.

Orion dresses primarily for functionality, particularly when doing construction. He wears the necessitated protective equipment when required, though generally wears a tank top and construction overalls. When off work, he will tend to dress up a little more. Orion wears his hair braided and may opt for decorative beads or jewels. He may also wear a bandana or scarf to cover his hair whilst working.

Personality:

Orion is an industrious individual, he is one who works best utilizing his hands, hence why architecture and construction both appeal to him. As aforementioned, his work ethic is most admirable. Orion is ambitious and hardy, and will do whatever necessary to complete a job in a timely manner. He is a perfectionist and won't settle for the mundane, he requires seamlessness. Furthermore, he is capable of improvising, and is always seeking to improve upon his own capabilities - he is an innovator in every sense of the word. This, however, means that he can be overly critical, especially towards himself. He also may work tirelessly, pushing himself to the brink of exhaustion to see an idea through. He wants to expand Jubilife village and modernize the municipality - he is striving towards the future.

Orion is a logical person, having the ability to think strategically and establish conscientious plans to achieve his goals. This can mean that he is at times close-minded to the ideas of others, specifically if he deems said ideas to be inconsequent. Similarly, he has limited patience for laziness or half-assed work.

Orion possesses the gifts of charisma and confidence, and projects authority in a way that draws people together towards a common goal. His relentless determination can be described as a self-fulfilling prophecy, as his goals are achieved through sheer willpower and he subsequently encourages others and pushes them to achieve greatness alongside himself. Orion enjoys a challenge, he craves them, even.

He is effortlessly charming and amicable, and is generally a very easy individual to get along with. He values camaraderie and his relationships with his friends, co-workers, and the broader community, and is always willing to strike up a conversation or lend a helping hand. He is also incredibly loyal and will do whatever it takes to ensure the wellbeing of those around him.

Pokemon:
    Kahil the Gible

3cb40b11157f69e5fe5f19175a91e539.gif

Ability: Rough Skin
    Moveset: Dragon Claw / Sand Attack / Slash / Earthquake / Iron Head / Bite

Personality:

Kahil and Orion first encountered one another when Orion first arrived in Hisui from his homeland of Kalos. The two have had an unbreakable bond ever since. Kahil is quite the jovial sort, he has an unrivaled zest for life and is simply content being in the presence of Orion. He is a very playful pokemon, who loves to lovingly nibble on Orion's arm, play hide and seek, or scare unsuspecting Starly. Kahil, however, does assist Orion with construction work, though he has a tendency to get slightly distracted at times, the Gible is indeed a good worker and Orion wouldn't wish for anyone else by his side.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    yea ok Chris is 100% going to have a crush on Orion

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years

• BizdbGp.png
    KKMEv2J.jpg
    Name: Miyuki Sano
    Pronouns: She/Her
    Corps: Security Corps

Appearance:: Miyuki is a woman standing at 5'8 tall with a slender yet physically strong build, as perhaps befitting of a samurai. It's very obvious at a first glance that despite her lazy nature, she still quite regularly works out of has done so at least in the past. If that wasn't enough, the katana she has on her back and the one adorning her hip give some sort of idea that she's at least quite capable. Though, despite that she wears a rather stoic expression on her face, it turns very quickly into one of annoyance when given any sort of job that cuts into her napping time. What's perhaps surprising is that she does seem to put quite some effort in her own appearance and while her brown eyes are nothing to write home about, her overall look could still be described as beautiful and refined... despite the crude words she may use once in a while.

As perhaps befitting of a woman from Johto, Miyuki tends to wear a lot of Johtonian style kimono's and Yukata's that she has brought with her from her home country. Others were made upon arrival. The one she wears most often is made of a high quality silk and has a cape adorned with lily patterns. She wears her silky black hair in a ponytail decorated with a silk bow in a similar style to the Kimono's she wears. She does try to match.

Personality: While Miyuki may seem approachable at first glance, a woman with a beautiful face, nothing will leave you more disappointed than exchanging a few words with her after the initial first impression from a glance. She's cranky, she's lazy and overall not a people's person. The latter are her own words even. She's not sociable and speaking to people often leaves her exhausted. The hidden meanings behind their words and figuring those are beyond her ability and she just rather not deal with the hassle of that. While she is rather lazy and would love to do nothing but nap, whenever she is tasked with a job, she makes sure it's carried out to the best of her ability. Almost as if she has to make up for something... yet her motivation seems to be lacking. It's often said that if she showed just a little bit more, she might find herself in a leadership position but she does not seem in the least interested.

It's not as if napping is her only hobby though. Her sword skills are impressive for a reason, so whenever she is found with a stroke of energy she can be found practising with her katana. This is the whole reason she became part of the security corps. Despite that she is too lazy for words and grumbles whenever she's given anything remotely considered a job, she's quite serious about protecting the people of the village and will do anything to make sure that they are safe. Even when this could potentially put herself in danger. She's therefor considered selfless as she does not seem the least bit concerned with her own injuries.

Though, whenever she's in a lazier mood but not quite lazy enough to doze off, she can be found reading or perhaps writing something herself. If you do happen to come across a story of hers by accident, because no way you'll receive permission from her to read them if you asked, you might be quite impressed with her work.

She strangely enough seems to be more active at night.

MrmxBUK.png
    Pokémon: Kiseki the Hisuian Growlithe ♂
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Moveset: Leer, Howl, Bite, Flame Wheel, Helping Hand

Miyuki met Kiseki on her journey towards Hisui. Having left Johto behind with little on her than a few personal items, she seemed like the lone wolf kind to the small Growlithe. Having lost its own family only a little while ago, it grew towards Miyuki and began to see her as his new family. Kiseki is almost the exact opposite of his owner Miyuki. Where Miyuki is lazy and not a people's person, Kiseki is energetic, Loving and excitable. He rarely leaves her side and is willing to get into danger for her. Unfortunately he also gets into a lot of trouble as well...

JTYR9fR.png

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • 葛の葉
    "Beautiful diamond!! Glittering pearl!! And our beloved platinum!! Come one, come all! See our favourite trope perform tonight! See even our beloved sun and moon even dance and sing along with us! May the shades of red and blue fill the air, with anticipation and energy! Ruby! Sapphire! Emerald! The colours that comes from the sparkle of children's eyes!! From hearts of gold, to a soul of silver! All are welcome! Pay attention to our black and white posters for our show time tonight! That's right! Remember our trope... we are... Kuzunoha!!"
    6dQmBr5.png

"That's right, everyone! During these tough times of uncertainty, laughter is the best cure all, thus, we, the Kuzunoha clan was formed! The goals and skills of our clan are meant to entertain. To bring joy, a moments respite from the realites of life. A moment of strength and laughter to those who have given up on it. We tell the stories of those long forgotten and sing songs of places that have never been...

The strongman, Fujiwara. The tamer, Shino. The acrobat, Julia. The magician, Hana. And finally, I, the beautiful musician, dancer, and leader of the Kuzunoha, Kasumi, the cute messanger bringing you our message today! I'll even let you all in something! Together, they are all skillfull handlers of our beloved Pokemon family, and members of the Security Corp!

Let me tell you, my dear listeners, we also must thank you for your welcoming nature! I understand, outsiders are looked upon with suspicion. But, you all gave us a chance to prove ourselves worthy of your acceptance! For that, we can't thank you all enough! So in return for your kindness, let us perform for you on our given times, and may we work together to bring peace for our fair town!

As for tonight's show... we will do an extra special show for you all tonight! So! Bring your friends, your family, your Pokemon, and of course, your magnificant selves! Haha... and of course, it is free to watch! (Although, generous contributions are welcome!) If you support us, our show will become bigger and flashier, and even more brilliant for your viewing pleasures! Until then, we hope to see you all tonight!"

____________________________________________________________________________​

kimiko.jpg

Name:: Kasumi Kuzunoha
    Pronouns: She/Her/They
    Corps:: Security

Appearance: A stunning, black eyed woman standing in about 5'6, she carries her appearance with dignity and grace. She has jet black hair that's accessorised with a red ribbon. Her kimono is a brilliant golden yellow with a pink, multi-coloured floral patterened obi, and her outerwear kimono is red with white flower patterns. During her performances, her jet-black hair was neated up in a bun, stylzed with an assortment with different accessories. During her time, she also wears high common tabi (socks) and wooden, brown sandals.

Personality: A charismatic, charming woman who wishes nothing else but to spread joy and happiness to everyone who would need it. She is polite, well-spoken, kind, honest, and graceful... during her performances, she's quite dedicated to her craft. Outside her craft, she takes her job seriously and dutifuly, wishing for the safety and protection for the people in Jublife. Everyone who has ever come in contact with Kasumi never has anything bad to say about her; she's beloved by her circus peers, and the audience who watches her. She's a prime rolemodel for one to become...

...Unless one would to notice what she's really like.

She actually has a myriad of negative traits - she is a pathological liar who stands narcissistic, egocentric, haughty, dishonest, hypocritical, corrupt, arrogant, selfish, cunning, and for a lack of a better term, a money grubber. The perfect example of a two-faced woman, hiding behind a mask. Her clan's true goal? It's to someday strip of all the fortune of Jublife, then skip town for the next unlucky suckers... all planed by Kasumi herself. Her next scheme... was set to begin.

POKEMON:
    iSFJlde.jpg

Pokémon: Blues the Riolu ♂
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moveset: Quick Attack, Endure, Feint, Metal Claw, Counter, Rock Smash

A cute, playful, energetic pokemon who's a show off as much as anyone else in the trope. He's skillful enough to juggle plastic balls that he's given; he can juggle up to three at a time for now, but he wants to do even more, with enough given practice! Beneth Kasumi's personality, she considers Blues to be a true friend and partner - one she believes would never betray her. Blues in turn, always kept by her side. The two seemed inseperable, even amoung the trope... so much so that one can't but wonder, is there something deeper in there?

WRITING SAMPLE: [Taking a Wee Break w/ Rotom]

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
      [tab="a"]
      document-icon-256-545819468.png
      [/tab][tab="b"]
      img_174253.png
      [/tab]
    8SEnXgf.png

Liliana Collins

Pronouns: she/her
    Corps: . . . none yet

art adapted from @Kaisen_Tobiuo on twitter
    aLO8xsU.png

Pearl

Ability: Anticipation
    Moves: Confusion, Play Nice, Life Dew, Disarming Voice

To my dear, Thomas,

I hope this letter finds you well. It's been too long since we last spoke. Three months already, since you left for Hisui. How is life treating you?
    I hear so many tales of monstrous Pokémon attacking the settlement and its denizens. It must be hard on you. Please try to stay safe. I wouldn't know what to do if something happened to you in such a far-off place.

Even now, I think back to the day you sprung this idea on me. Travelling to Hisui, assisting in the efforts to explore the region and find a way for people to live between scary Pokémon... You always accuse me of impulsive decisions, but this was bold even to me. We were barely married when you left! My mother's still not pleased about the whole affair either, you know. Honestly, you should be glad to have such an empathic and understanding wife, haha!

I haven't been sitting still either, though! Don't worry, I haven't been overdoing it. I still haven't collapsed once since that time out in the fields. There's just been a lot to take care of, to prepare. What for, you might wonder? Well... to join you in Hisui, of course!

I know you said I shouldn't come, that it'd be too hard work for someone so frail, and too dangerous. But I'm sure I can carve out a place for myself there, too. So please, don't hold me back. Welcome me with a smile, okay?

Sincerely yours,

Lia

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Made my new CSS inspired by a number of others I've seen. Posting it here as an example and to have it saved somewhere on site for later. o/

TUdkQke.png

[tab=PostBody7-1][/tab] [tab=Pokemon7-1][/tab] [tab=Journal7-1][/tab] [tab=Inventory7-1][/tab]

Part 02 - Mr. Cratesman, New World Mogul

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Party

"Arrow"
    Species: Rufflet
    Ability: Hustle
    Moveset: Quick Attack / Aerial Ace / Twister / Bulk Up / - / -

Case Files:

Case 01: The Evanescing Cargo

- Part 01 - First Meetings

Inventory

Personal Effects:

$5000
    - Leather Briefcase
    - Deerlingstalker Cap
    - Stoutland Yard Badge

Court Record - Case 01:

- Case Dossier:
    A small folder received from Zisu upon Carson's first meeting with her. It describes the initial details of the case, including a report from Mr. Cooper Cratesman on the exact cargo missing, the last location it was seen, as well as the mogul's initial suspicions of the Pearl Clan girl, Akalli, as the culprit. The dossier includes a number of polaroids taken by the local photographer, recreationally, of Prelude Beach by night. The polaroid's captured a young woman with Akalli's likeness leaving prelude beach under cover of darkness.

Years

• Name: Kota Kagami/ Dr. Kagami

Corps: Medical. The good doctor is a type of Pokemon therapist. While others tend to physical injuries, he treats Pokemon who have suffered emotional traumas, and uses some interesting techniques to help his patients-- some think him brilliant, others say he's a crackpot. This Azalea town native was reassigned to the developing Hisui region. He's allergic to clocks, so remember that appointments with him are approximate.

Appearance: A senior citizen. He is an Asian gentleman with salt and pepper hair, bushy dark eyebrows and a golden brown, weather-beaten tan complexion. He wears reading glasses sometimes on his large, expressive eyes and has a round, placid face that makes him still look youthful. His facial features are fuller with a broad nose and wide cheekbones. He is not tall, but sturdy. He owns several variations of the same set of clothing, so that he does not have to spend time deciding what to wear. Walks with a great wide, sudowoodo-shaped wooden cane.

Personality: Kagami is a mellow chap who couldn't be happier than he is when surrounded by nature. He loves trees, especially the scent and shape of an acacia tree, and wouldn't mind visiting Fortree city one day, and taking his leisure time in the famous tree top tow. For now though, he has settled on just having a backyard tree house. He also enjoys planting and eating off of the berry bushes, and has never objected to spending time in water gardens, and feeding Pokemon in the Magikarp pond.

He is a simple soul who has the ability to make himself at home wherever the winds blow him, and enjoy things for what they are. He has no trouble falling asleep anywhere he likes, including during meetings, and can eat anything put in front of him-- especially dumplings! While he had no ambition of leaving his cozy cottage in the Illex forest, ever since his job relocated him, he has fallen under the spell of Hisui's rural beauty.

He does not try to collect Pokemon, but they have a way of collecting him. When a major traveling circus was disbanded as unethical, Kagami appeared, working with the frightened pokemon attractions that had been trafficked from the wild. He nutured many Pokemon that had been beaten, caged and chained, and helped re-socialize them to Pokemon of their own species, and find them places on reserves where they could their lives in peace. The doctor eventually reintroduced several Pokemon to the wild. One exception to this was an orphaned baby Phanpy who could never readjust to living with the Donphan herd, and has stayed with Kagami ever since, becoming his partner Pokemon Suda.

Name: Suda

Species: Phanpy

Ability: Pickup

Moves: Defense Curl/ Growl/ Tackle/ Ice Fang

About: The doctor keeps a blanket on his partner's back to simulate the warmth she would experience from her mother Donphan, and makes sure to give Suda frequent affectionate rubs on the trunk with his hands, and play in the mid with her. When Suda offers someone her trunk, and they blow on it, she accepts that as a handshake of friendship, and will remember your scent!

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • 4TxuOPL.png
    Name: Mina Yan
    Pronouns: she/her
    Corps: Construction
    Z8ij2QV.png
    Appearance:

Mina is a fair-skinned young woman of mixed Kantoan and Johtoan descent, standing at a slightly above-average 5'7. Her fluffy dark hair is lazily half-tied up to keep out of her grey eyes using a pen-shaped pin, or in more professional settings, with one of the several hairties she keeps on hand. Her chubby face and curvy build mask the fact that she is rather scrawny, and woefully weak at anything involving physical labour - though her job as a clerk in the construction corps rarely calls for it (save for the occasional giant stacks of paperwork to file).

Her uniform follows the colour convention of the construction corps, being purple and bearing the insignia of the corps on the back. The belt around her waist denotes her as an administrative member of the Galaxy team, as does the outline of her fancy kimono. On the other hand, Mina has maximized the bottom half of her outfit for comfort - a pair of comfortable shorts and stocking-length tabis don her legs, and are paired up with a pair of equally comfy zori sandals.

Sample:

"The Icelands?! Permanently?!"

An older man, dressed in the purple uniform of the security corps, slammed his hands down on the desk, rattling the pencils and messily stacked papers scattered all over it.

The young woman in front of him, also dressed in the same uniform, albeit a much cleaner one, leaned down to pick up one of the fallen pencils. She sighed; "It's been decided, Yorrich. We need people to set up camps and maintain them, and the corps has assigned that location to you."

"Come on, kid, you can't send me there! Ain't you heard what happens to people that go up North? They say your toes'll fall off within a week after walking in that snow for so long - that's if the damn ice-mon don't get to you first!"

"People make it work." the young woman shrugged, keeping a straight face. "I understand your frustration. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from the Pearl clan."

"Mina, please." the man begged. "A man my age won't last a day there…"

Mina sighed and glanced at the open door of her office. "I 'wish' I could 'help', but I'm afraid this is 'outside' of my control." As she spoke, her eyes darted between the man in front of her and the doorway.

It took a moment for Yorrich to register, but the worker quickly picked up on what she meant and sprung up to close the door. As soon as it was slammed shut, the girl's expression shifted and she hastily gestured for him to return.

"Alright, so." Mina leaned forward as he sat back down. "I can do you a favour. But this stays between us," she whispered.

Yorrich's eyes grew wide, "Oh thank you, thank y-"

"Shush, do you want Sanqua to come in?!" Mina hissed. "So… there is another unassigned camp that has to be built, in the Cobalt Coastlands. Close to the beach, fairly quiet area Pokemon-wise, few expected visitors. Great location, and I can send you there- but you have to promise me you'll be quiet about it to the others."

"Of course, of course! My lips are sealed, I swear!" Yorrich nodded eagerly.

"Okay then. I can… delay the construction of the Icelands camp, or something, and reassign you after that. Give me a few days and I'll sort you out. If anyone asks, there was a mistake in the paperwork. You get me?"

"Loud- ah, I mean, quiet and clear!" Yorrich nodded with a grin. "I can't thank you enough, kid. Those pencil pushers up in management don't get what it's like being on the ground; no offence-"

"None taken." Mina mumbled as she began scribbling something on Yorrich's file.

"-but they don't know nothin' about dealing with the elements, or the back-breaking work we do to get those construction materials across the region, you know? Not to mention the threat of wild Pokemon every day. We're risking our lives out there."

"And I appreciate every minute of it." Mina said, stamping the file and handing it to Yorrich. "You're all clear."

"Thanks again, Mina." The man bowed slightly as he got up. "How about this- dinner's on me tonight. My wife makes the most amazing oran stew, the least I could do is invite you to join us."

Mina tapped her chin with a pencil. "Yeah, sure. I'll take you up on that. No meat though - and I'm expecting a red carpet after today!"

"Fit for a queen, promise!"

As she waved Yorrich goodbye, Mina turned and gazed outside the second-floor window of her office, his words echoing in her mind. He was right; someone in her position didn't know the first thing about what it felt like to be out in the wild, surrounded by rabid beasts ready to tear you apart at any moment - and she would never have to. She hadn't barely-passed her way through Kanto's top architect academy to be tossed into the wild like some foolhardy explorer type, gods no. She was quite comfortable where she was, in a cushy office job, handling papers every once in a while and coming home to a nice warm dinner every night courtesy of the Galaxy Team. For her, this was a better life than anything she could've gotten back home, far from the looming expectations of anyone, in a whole new land ripe for exploration and development, only for the bravest of souls like herself - or at least, that's probably how others saw her.

She leaned back in her chair and stretched her arms. Pokemon were terrifying creatures - others could handle all the 'bravery' and 'exploration' stuff. She was content with where she was, helping Hisui one paperwork at a time.

Pokemon:

komala.gif

Komala ♂
    Comatose
    Yawn / Snore / Play Rough / Substitute / - / -

This young wild Pokemon was just born into the world a few days ago. All it knows is the delicious taste of tree leaves and the soft feeling of its mother's fur, and it spends its days dreaming happily about both. Fate, however, has different plans for this little Komala…

Notes:
    • Mina hails from the same Johtoan hometown as Commander Kamado, though her family had moved to pursue her education in Kanto at the time of the devastating Pokemon attack. The resulting anxiety of what could have happened had she stayed is one of the many reasons why she dislikes them.
    • Despite her fear and dislike of Pokemon, Mina is a strict vegetarian, for the simple reason that anything that comes from a Pokemon's body terrifies her as well.
    • Mina is a semi-talented flute player in her spare time, having picked up the instrument after moving to Hisui. She tends to neglect her practice though, which has resulted in her only knowing a couple of actual songs.
    • The pen which Mina keeps her hair tied with is the only trinket she has brought from home, being a graduation gift from her parents, with the message to "write her own fate" in life. To this day, perhaps a little superstitiously, she hasn't actually written anything with it.

Back