• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phones

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I live near Silicon Valley (Apple Company HQ), which basically means that non-iPhones are almost nonexistent. Almost everyone I know uses one - which I know isn't really the case everywhere else. How popular are iPhones in your area? What do you think is the most commonly owned phone in your area?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
omg... I swear, everywhere I look just about everyone has one. However, I hardly see anyone with my type of phone. I have an iPhone 5C and most everyone I've seen with an iPhone either has the 5 or 5S. It's hard finding phone cases for the 5C, and you have to go online just to get one. D: I currently have a Tardis phone case right now, which I just got. I wish there was more people with the 5C, but I haven't seen any of them at all.

Years
It's a good mix here where I live. About 50/50 between iPhones and Android devices, but that's also in part because I live in one of the least tech-savvy areas of the nation.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Pretty good mix here as well. Maybe a few years back, around 7/10 phones I saw were iPhones, but since then a lot iPhone users I know have been slowly converting to Androids.

And then there is the occasional Windows phone, and the (very) occasional BlackBerry.

I'd say iPhones are still kind of in the lead though, though not by as much as it used to be.

FifePokemon

AlShao
Years
Iphone and Samsung is the most popular phone makes where i am from, with most of my friends having an iphone i'd say they're maybe slightly more popular..

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
iPhones aren't too dominant where I am; Androids are equally as popular. Once you go into a grocery story, you'd see one person in-line talking with former, and the next guy would be sending texts with latter. Occasionally, you would also find people Widows Phone. As for me, I have both iPhone and Android, and always try my best to use them equally.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
For what I live, I would say Samsung is more common, but iPhone is still big. Seen a suprising amount of HTC and Motorola out though mostly older devices, a odd LG or Windows Phone now and then.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
iPhone is usually the #1 in most places, and I don't think here is an except. Two of my coworkers along with myself have an S3 which surprised me - I thought there would be more recent models.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Very popular here, but not as much as Android. I've seen god knows how many Alcatels, and the Lumia 520 is also a good show.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Iphones are the main phones in Kentucky. Nearly everyone has an Iphone 4S and up her,e a few people have Galaxy S3's but those aren't' that common. Nearly all of my friends have Iphones. xD

Honest

Hi!
Years
Take a walk down Midtown Manhattan, and you'll literally see only iPhones. Well, okay, maybe the occasional Samsung Galaxy shows up, but from my experience, iPhones are the craze. I'm not exactly surprised, though. If a person doesn't have the iPhone 5s, 5, or 4s, then they most certainly have some Galaxy phone. Other phones don't even come close (again, from my experience).

Years
I've never particularly paid attention to the phones that people own, but I'd have to say that I probably have an eye out for iPhones, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's popular around my area. If it's not an iPhone, I just automatically assume it's something else, but not sure what model/brand.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
In my neck of the woods, if you own an iPhone, you are considered "rich"...especially if you own the latest iPhone. I pretty much fall under that category even though I own an iPhone 4S. The majority of my town owns an Android.

San Diego is a whole 'nother ball game. It's 70% iPhones, 29.9% Android, 0.1% everything else.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
Most of my friends either have iPhones or HTCs. I, personally, own a HTC Windows 8 phone which has served me well for the past few months.

Years
The only person i know that doesn't have an iPhone is my dad. Meanwhile my iPhone has like 0 space, not that i would put anything on it since i have a tablet anyway.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Although I do see a lot of iPhones and Samsung Galaxy *whatever* around here, I do see the occasional HTC and Nokia from time to time. (Bonus points if you head to some employee cafeterias; you'd end up with nothing but Symbian-based Nokia phones!)

Years
Most people I know have iPhones. Some have Samsung Galaxies, but most are iPhones. I personally have an iPhone 5S, and I love it. Occasionally I'll see someone with an ancient flip phone, but that's pretty rare nowadays.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
iPhones are very, very common in my country, alongside Samsung and other brands such as HTC and Nokia. The two biggest brands are of course iPhones and Samsung. Almost everyone I know has one of those.

Back