• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Well, there they are! Definitely knew they'd make a return! :) I love love how I can share mine with the world, Dragon-type Gym here I come! Wonder if there will be some way to keep record of who visited/battled/won against you. That would be cool.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I never really got into secret bases in R/S/E, because it was too expensive to buy all the s*** to go inside it, however, I will do in OR/AS, and maybe make my own Gym, maybe even have a weekly type change.

KatTayle

Cat Pokemon lover
    Years
  • The first time I played through Emerald I didn't even know Secret Bases were a thing, but the second time I made one by the sign with Team Magma and Aqua graffiti on it. The idea of a gym sounds really cool, I'd like to make one that's Water, Fire, or Psychic only

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well, there they are! Definitely knew they'd make a return! :) I love love how I can share mine with the world, Dragon-type Gym here I come! Wonder if there will be some way to keep record of who visited/battled/won against you. That would be cool.

I imagine they'll add a record to it that we can perhaps see using the PC in the base.

Years
  • I am crazy excited to design my own little mini-gym and decorate it with plushies.

Probably the best thing revealed so far. 8D I'll probably make an electric-type gym using my favorite electrics but the first step is to find that perfect base. A lot of the ones in the screenshots were tiny so here's hoping I'll find something good for me that's also relatively spacious to lay everything out in, haha.

Years
  • I am crazy excited to design my own little mini-gym and decorate it with plushies.

Probably the best thing revealed so far. 8D I'll probably make an electric-type gym using my favorite electrics but the first step is to find that perfect base. A lot of the ones in the screenshots were tiny so here's hoping I'll find something good for me that's also relatively spacious to lay everything out in, haha.

Irc a lot of the ones by the beaches are quite big, but they require the bridges. I wonder what the item limit will be this time. I hope the number is higher than in the originals.

Years
  • It's already been shown that you can place more than 16 items (the limit in RSE) in your Secret Base; iirc I think someone counted 25 or so items in at least one of the bases? Whatever the case, the number is definitely higher, which I like.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Maybe doing tasks for Aarune or playing games of some sort will grant you the ability to expand the size of your base and you can use some sort of base creator to decide what renovations get added each time (like in Animal Crossing: New Leaf) and you can up the item limit, too. :o

Years
  • It's already been shown that you can place more than 16 items (the limit in RSE) in your Secret Base; iirc I think someone counted 25 or so items in at least one of the bases? Whatever the case, the number is definitely higher, which I like.

Awesome.

I would like that very much. I want a giant base.

Years
  • I can't really see the possibility of having base sizes increase. Certainly, it'd be cool, but it didn't happen in RSE or DPPt (unless you want to count being able to remove giant rocks to make more space). Still, now that Aarune's around, maybe base expansion will be made possible! At the very least, I could see having the number of items in your base increased based on how many badges you have/how far you are in the story or based on your rank.

Years
  • It'll be cool if using our rank we can get point which we can spend buying material to expand our base, almost as if it were a house. It probably won't happen but I hope so...

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Maybe doing tasks for Aarune or playing games of some sort will grant you the ability to expand the size of your base and you can use some sort of base creator to decide what renovations get added each time (like in Animal Crossing: New Leaf) and you can up the item limit, too. :o

That is an amazing idea!

Not sure if this was discussed before, but do you still find the bases anymore? Or is like pre-given?

Years
  • If by find you mean will you get to choose where to put your Secret Base, then I'd say yes! However, in RSE, iirc your first base was set to be the tree north of the desert on Route 111, so if that stays the same then your first base with be preset, but then you can change the location later on.

Years
  • I made several. I always searched for the biggest bases but the item limit counting the boards made them unattractive for decorations. Now hopefully it'll be less of an issue.

Years
  • I think I always used the same spot, which was the hole on the beach east of Mauville XD It wasn't too small + didn't have a hole, so I liked it <3 I think it was the Eta layout:

Hoenn_Secret_Base_Eta.png

Assuming the layouts are gonna be the same (or at least similar), I'd probably go with that layout again unless boards are easier to come by. If they are, then I'd probably go with the Omicron or Psi layouts:

Hoenn_Secret_Base_Omicron.png
    Hoenn_Secret_Base_Psi.png

...Then again, the Alpha and Omega ones seem pretty big, too:

Hoenn_Secret_Base_Alpha.png
    Hoenn_Secret_Base_Omega.png

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Let's compare them, shall we~?

Spoiler:

Might be some new layouts; that or some of them just changed in shape a little. If they keep the Greek letter naming scheme, then either they're all revamps of the previous layouts or some of the originals were replaced. It's also interesting how some of the bases in ORAS seem to be mirror images of their RSE counterparts (like the Phi and Gamma ones).

Back