• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Development: Forms and Formes

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Alright, I have been asked to share the routines I made for form(e) changing in Platinum Red & Blue multiple times, and I finally found the time to do so. This thread will be updated as I clean up old routines and create new ones. Enjoy.

Rotom & Deoxys
Spoiler:

Burmy
Spoiler:

A note on spelling
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Oh my gosh you've finally RELEASED IT!!
I hope you release the arceus forms soon.

daniilS

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Oh my gosh you've finally RELEASED IT!!
I hope you release the arceus forms soon.
Yup, they're next! :D
I came home from work to this. I exploded from joy...

I really can't wait for the rest, but I do have a question. Will you be doing the moves related to Rotom?
Nope, the moves can be handled from the script. Ask Bela if you want an example

(by the way guys, an ugly version of this first routine has been available for quite some time :/)

daniilS

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
....I'm lost, what does this routine do, and how can I implement it?

It changes the index number of the Pokémon in party slot X (var 0x8004) to Y (var 0x8005). Instructions on how to implement it are in the last line of the routine, as always.

Years
Apologies if this doesn't contribute much to the thread but when you say "Platinum Red & Blue", what do you mean by that? Which rom is this for?
- Thanks,

daniilS

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Apologies if this doesn't contribute much to the thread but when you say "Platinum Red & Blue", what do you mean by that? Which rom is this for?
- Thanks,

By that I mean they're the routines used in this hack: link
Everything is just FR so far, until somebody ports it.

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
Could this asm be used in a way to get Mega Evolutions? Just a theory. I dont know much about ASM xD so yeah.

daniilS

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Could this asm be used in a way to get Mega Evolutions? Just a theory. I dont know much about ASM xD so yeah.

Not in its current form. Touched and I might create something for it later.

daniilS

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
I dont get it xD
what is 0x3?

I'm sorry, didn't see this one at first. Typo: I meant 0x2 , which means if greater than. Special 0x9F will return a party slot from 0 to 5, and 7 if no pokemon is selected.
Also, for the full script you need to check if the selected pokemon is in fact a Rotom or Deoxys too, of course.

EDIT: whoops, seems like I missed the fact that in Platinum you never actually have to select a Rotom or a Deoxys... :/
Derp here, so I guess this would require one of FBI's routines instead.

Last edited:
Back