• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?

Years
    As we know, there's always someone who prefers to play one version of a paired Pokemon game over the other, or more than the other one, and OR/AS is no exception. So the question is, which version did you mainly play and why?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    The version I initially bought, and the one that I still play as my main save file, is Omega Ruby. I chose it because A: I had Sapphire when I was a kid so I wanted to experience things from the other side this time around, and B: because my favorite Pokemon is exclusive to Omega Ruby :3

I have Alpha Sapphire too, which I bought a few months after finishing up Omega Ruby, but it's mostly there to supplement my Omega Ruby save file and so that I can catch all the version exclusives. I'll also be using it for if I ever want to restart the game and play through the story again or if I feel like doing a challenge run.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I have Alpha Sapphire. I was going to buy Omega Ruby but changed my mind. When Pokémon R/S/E was around I chose Sapphire instead of Ruby. I guess because Kyogre is only in Sapphire and it's my favorite legendary Pokémon.

Agenta

General Breeder
    Years
    Started the originals with red version, then because of that I picked ruby and then with the remakes I just naturally picked Omega Ruby. Plus Ruby has some nice exclusives on it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I played Alpha Sapphire over the other simply because I liked the name more and Kyogre is better than Groudon any day! That's really the only reasons I bought AS over OR. I thought of getting both but wanted not spend $80

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Alpha Sapphire.

As a kid, I only had Emerald. never got Ruby or Sapphire. After a few years of trading with friends at school, I eventually ended up with a Kyogre from one of my friends on my hands, which I have kept and brought through all of the generations, up to Gen VI. Because of this, I have always liked Kyogre over Groudon, which is why I picked AS.

I never thought of getting Omega Ruby. I never had both versions of an initial core game set, and I don't think I could possibly play through it that fast to get the exclusive stuff and experience the game from a different perspective, but I'd surely like to, except that I have so many other games in my backlog I can't possibly keep up! Perhaps someday, especially if we don't get Z version this year. :P

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I never thought of getting Omega Ruby. I never had both versions of an initial core game set, and I don't think I could possibly play through it that fast to get the exclusive stuff and experience the game from a different perspective, but I'd surely like to, except that I have so many other games in my backlog I can't possibly keep up! Perhaps someday, especially if we don't get Z version this year. :P

I'm definitely with you here xD I'm still only up to my 6th badge in Alpha Sapphire. I want to finish up the story so I can finally get the version exclusive legendaries, but with all the other stuff I'm doing I don't even know when I'll get around to it -_-

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I'm going with Alpha Sapphire. As a kid, Sapphire is one of my first games that I ever played, and I'm also digging into blue color and Primal Kyogre's design which looks sooo pretty, which is why I chose Alpha Sapphire.

Nurse Kevin

Pokémon Collector
    Years
    • Age 30
    • U.S.
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Alpha Sapphire

It's so blue, and blue is my favorite color.

Though I used Omega Ruby to get move tutor moves and Sharpedonite early in the game.

Years
    I bought Omega Ruby. I liked original Ruby more than Sapphire on the GBA and also, because I like the color of the game cover more.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I got both, like I've been doing since HGSS. Though in HGSS's case I got both in Japanese to snag that preorder Arceus Figure that was Japan-only and got an English SS later on. and with 5th gen I got White and White2 in Japanese and Black and Black 2 in English. I just got both XY and ORAS in English this gen because of the 3DS region lockout and the fact that they were released worldwide at the same time instead of Japan first followed by other regions.

Years
    I bought them both at release but played OR first has I had Sapphire as a kid and wanted to switch it up.
    OR still has my main save and is the one I use the most, I only really use AS when I start a new game again.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Oh, also worth mentioning in regards to Omega Ruby vs. Alpha Sapphire--Primal Groudon is my favorite out of the two Primals! I love it for competitives, as well as for in-game usage! It does such a great job at covering all of its weaknesses with its typing and the water immunity granted to it by the heavy sunlight.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Alpha Sapphire! It was tough since I hadn't touched the original, but I liked the design of Primal Kyogre more than Primal Groudon. It's weird since I love Fire (or even part Fire in Groudon's case) of Water types, Kyogre seems so ...majestic... I guess?

That and I was more keen to try and play with Team Aqua more than Team Magma. Team Magma felt similar to Team Flare since the previous game I played was Y, so something more water-based was my preference.

Years
    While Ruby was what I played out of the originals, I grew to love Kyogre and Team Aqua more over time, so that led me to playing Alpha Sapphire when it came time for the remakes. I just love water a lot, and I tend to also mostly play the "blue" version (such as Soul Silver and X) so it fits with that.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I went with Omega Ruby because it had more Pokemon that I like, particularly Kabutops, Zangoose, and Groudon and I like Team Magma slightly more than Team Aqua.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Alpha Sapphire here, because of Kyogre and the Lotad line!

Though I have to admit, I envy the Omega Ruby exclusives, to be exact they are the Skrelp line, Mawile and Duskull (the grim is just a slightly exclusive, just a different encounter rate).

Back