• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I kind of like how Neo is explicitly young compared to the other members, or at least I'm assuming that's what you're going for

tfw my one and only niche is taken

and here I was was thinking my character was the child employee of SA, why do you forget me sob sob

Neo looks quite fair though, maybe him being young can open up some interaction doors with Errol.

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
Jubilife at least had some relevance with the GTS. I mean, sure, it no longer works now since Nintendo is dumb and got rid of the servers, but back then, that was revolutionary.

The only thing I remember about the GTS are people asking for legendarys level 5 and under.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
and here I was was thinking my character was the child employee of SA, why do you forget me sob sob

but the thing is, neo has more potential to actually be cute

errol is not cute

he's way too sexy

GTS helped me evolve my beloved mons that required you to trade away via a simple glitch. You could also transfer your mons from one game to another (provided you were too poor to buy two systems like me) so it served as a poor man's Pokemon Bank -- I believe people demanding ludicrous trades like Legendaries at impossible low levels were to ensure those mons wouldn't actually get traded, and even if they did, well.. at least they got something crazy cool in return. That's what I did, at least. Because I am pathetic

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
To be fair, Sinnoh was boring in general. But I heard everyone likes the snow

And the sound echoed throughout the multiverse, and every man, woman, and child heard it and recoiled.
The ancient things in the deepest reaches of the oldest realities heard the sound and were reminded of a darker time long since past.
The most intangible of code streams in the most complex of matrices heard the sound and knew the terror that had taken place.
And then the lowly patrons of the PokeCommunity Forums heard the sound in their various hovels and homes, and they were frightened.
And Ech heard the sound.
The sound of an Orx crying its disappointment.
And Ech knew.
Orx's opinion of her had fallen significantly.

Foxrally

Years
Ahem ahem may I remind you plebians who runs the Sinnoh Region on our beautiful forum

Blairrol JP coming soon, world + character building is on the menu. damn tho Blairrol sounds like a brand of sanitizer

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Pardon me for my absence. My landlines were snapped clear out of suspension by a passing semi-trailer truck for a store across the street. The driver thought he could breeze past a residential zone that was clearly marked for no trucks to enter, for this very reason and more. Time to address our applicant without any further delay.

Huh? *checks post* {D:}
Whoops. :3c I've been playing a lot of Platinum lately, force of habit I presume.

I say this to say, please edit your application with the town name correction.

I actually thought of it as Ne-OH-fi-tus, but either way is fine. Just call him Neo. ;)

I wasn't asking about what syllable is stressed, rather in which way the "phytus" syllables of Neophytus were pronounced, like either "fee-tus" or "figh-tus". I ask because Castiel and other NPCs, depending on how it is pronounced, may come up with quips based on which pronunciation.

Concerning your answer that Neo's age range is as a young adolescent, I think should he be accepted as a character, he may be able to relate to Errol for their youth.

Honestly, and this is a very weak excuse, it just felt right. It was either that, Tail Whip, or Tackle (I had already used my TM move, which was Double Team).

I asked you 1) how you'd employ Helping Hand, 2) the effect you'd have it incur, and 3) to provide an example of how your character during the role-play would ideally use it outside of battle. Please provide me these contexts or I cannot consider the move at all.

Well, that (It's successful from Neo's point of view), and his mother's side's achievements (A.K.A Stuff that I wanted to add later for plot building purposes if possible).

I am more interested in his mother's achievements than the fact that the rest of his family progressed through stages of physical development earlier than he. This may help you understand where I'm coming from: Cornered On The Market! basically satirizes elements of real-world capitalism, socioeconomic issues, and first-world culture through the fun contrast of Pokemon, so I'm more interested in aspects of a character and their background that can reflect this in some way, if even rudimentary. Stating some of these successes will not infringe on you developing your character later in the role-play. I am not reading your app as the character Castiel but as myself, which is only fair since you did not write Neophytus' app in-character, merely about him. Beyond that, you will have plenty of chances in the RP to expound in-character, but since you mentioned that his family is successful, I want to know how so that it doesn't cross me as an unfounded detail. This will also help flesh out or more so "validate" Neo's feeling shorthanded, because there will be a greater divide in achievements between he and much of the rest of his family.

They did at one point, but his mother, wanting a change (Plot building again), decided to move to a new town, thus being Jubilife City Jubilee Town.
Most of these answers are weak, I know. {XD}

They did what? I proposed several different answers hoping you'd clarify specifically; I need you to. I am asking these questions so that I can understand your character and any discrepancies that come from his app. Withholding information that I ask for does not help me do this.

Thank you in advance.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Oh, this is rich.

People should be fighting over this spot, god damn it. Cornered is a privilege.

Sinnoh is the quirkiest of the six main game regions, I feel. There's the main adventure and the contests, remastered from Hoenn, but then there's just dress-up on its own... the Poketch and all its weird apps... Unown collecting... And then it's just snowing all the time and I don't think that's every really addressed outside of "Sinnoh's cold, lol", right?

...I like Sinnoh. God forbid Diamond and Pearl but Platinum is cool.​

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

I'm clearly scaring everyone away.

Hey, guys, whoa, now! Don't take my jab at Sinnoh too seriously. I'm just not fond of a region that literally has two Fire-Types and a route that relies on the gimmick of lagging you with deep snow (I know the former was fixed in Platinum, but I don't care). Also the music is monotonous and Cynthia is overrated as hell.

But at least I found Sinnoh more interesting than Johto.

I personally think Holon was by far the most interesting region

Pokemon Go is as immersive as Flappy Bird.

DOES EVERYONE HATE ME YET

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I said "god forbid diamond and pearl"

i meant "they're perilous for one's health"​

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Sorry everybody, but I can't really be in this one due to the fact that I'm in 3 different RPs (one of which I'm currently hosting), and with a trip I'm taking next Sunday (getting ready and such), I won't be as active as you guys and Jauntier want me to be.

As for Neo, I'll probably use him for a different RP in the future, when I gain a little more writing experience.

Ech, now's your chance to take the spot. Don't waste it. ;)

Last edited:

Ys

Wandering Spirit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Yush, a free spot! Hey, Jauntier, haven't seen you in a while. Isa125, here, though I changed it. :)
Edit: oops, did someone else want to apply? Though I had seen the free spot before the above post, so there may be another free spot? Anyways.

Application for Spirited Away

NAME: Marcus

SPECIES: Quilava

LEVEL: 24

MOVESET: Smokescreen, Flame Wheel, Quick Attack, Double Team

APPEARANCE: Marcus does not wear anything special, though he likes to try on different articles of clothing that make him look tough once in a while. He prefers not to wear them permanently, though, becaue most things can get burned. Other than that, he just looks like a regular Quilava. Nothing else to see here.

PERSONALITY: Marcus thinks reputation is an important part of a person, so he ooes everything to keep his as he wants it to. Basically, he wants to give off the impression of being tough, brave, and strong. When getting to know other Pokemon better, he shows a softer side, which includes being loyal, perseverant and a hard-worker. Another aspect about him is his competitiveness. He will basically do anything that presents itself as a challenge, or that other Pokemon challenge him to, putting his best of effort, even though the results won't always be the best. This can be a bad or good quality, depending on how it is use. And if he loses, he will probably say something along the lines of "oh, it was boring anyway," or "yeah, I let you win". Inwards, though, he doesn't really mind admitting that he's not the best at many things.

BACKGROUND: Marcus was born and raised in Johto, but his was the sad story of a Cyndaquil who was bred to be a starter Pokemon for new trainers but was never chosen. He made the best of it, though. Being a rejected Pokemon meant he got to be free, but being a rare Pokemon meant he still had to beware of humans. He heard of Jubille Town and how humans no longer lived there, so he decided to live an easy life there. And being still a teen, his reputation an social life became important. Of course, being in an only-Pokemon town meant he had to get a job to mantain himself, no humans to keep him or Pokemon Centers to feed him. So he applied for small jobs, until he heard there was an open spot for Spirited Away, one of the quirky but biggest buisnesses around. He then plans to save the money for other things on the future to come.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
That's unfortunate, Catman. You're free to read along in the IC and associate with the cast OOC if you so please. Best wishes.

I saw you lurking around, Isa. Looks like you're back for round two, but this time, you're joining a terrible group of players who dare call themselves a kind of family. Put on your helmet.

This time around, I judge applications for this role-play based on discrepancies. If there is one, I will address it as either a correction should it fringe on this universe' lore or the RP mechanics, or a question for clarification.

Now, to address your application...

Your application is pending. I have a few things to address:

Concerning clothes:

What exact clothes does Marcus wear? I know you said he has an assortment and will change them, but this role-play will only take place for one IC day. Unless he carries around a bag for quick costume changes, what will he be wearing that day?

If you'd like, I offer the suggestion--since you say his clothes could get burned from, well, the fire sprouting from his back--that his clothes were sewn out of fire blankets by the Jubilee seamstress, Ellen "Nellie" the Leavanny (I'll introduce her later in this little thing called "State Your Business" that I have as an OOC world-building exercise later on, since she will be introduced much later into the actual RP; you'll see what I'm talking about later). I give you permission to go that route and mention that NPC, but not to characterize her beyond the explanation. What actual articles of clothing those blankets were made into are up to you. The only other thing would be since fire blankets can actually burn if exposed to a certain temperature for long enough, that Marcus not spout intense fire from his back constantly.

Concerning his background:

While I like the idea you've come up with, I'd offer you tweak it just a bit. I prefer Pokemon in this role-play not say they lived in any established canon region, because Jubilee (not Jubille) is intentionally not expressed to be in any specified region for the sole reason that if someone said their character was born in, say, Kalos, and another said their character was born in Kanto, and both characters just so happened to come upon Jubilee, that raises the question of which region Jubilee is in, otherwise how did these Pokemon travel from one region all the way over to the next. This is why Pokemon for this role-play can alternatively be born and raised in 1) the pure wild, 2) another Pokemon-run town that you can make up, or 3) a non-canon human town that you can make up that happens to be in the same undisclosed region as Jubilee. For you, option 3 best sticks with your idea. Marcus doesn't have to have been bred to be specifically a region starter Pokemon (giving a "this is Johto" implication), but as you even stated, just because to humans his breed is rare in the wild.

I will also say that Jubilee, as well as most other Pokemon-run towns that emulate developed human society, are not near any active human settlements. This is just so you are aware of how I've set up the world. So, Marcus will have had to have traveled many weeks (if by foot) to stumble upon another Pokemon town if he came from a human town.

In all that time though, Marcus, being the tough guy that he wants to be, could have had a lot of adventurous experiences that shaped him into the Quilava that is applying to the store now.

Oh, and don't get the impression that either Spirited Away or Forget-Me-Not are "one of the biggest businesses around." They're just hacky cornerstores, so they're only a local charm, if that. Really, even if they had any actual reputation, it'd be that the two owners do not like each other, but that'd only amount to the word on the street, you know? I'd strike out that part of the sentence from the app.

If you have any questions or would like me to clarify something I've suggested, definitely ask me. I want to help!

As an aside, Marcus' personality interests me. I think he and Greiger's character in particular, Gabriel the Weavile, will be at odds with each other since Gabriel tries his best to impress Castiel and is not above provoking his co-workers for amusement. That, or, their competitive personalities might make for a strong bond. Who knows? It'd be an interesting dynamic.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
To Aaron the Aggron

Spr_5b_162_s.png

#1 "Wow, you're ... awfully big, dude. Like, Arceus. Do you face any challenges being so large in a city originally designed to house humans?"

#2 "There's this guy that works across the street from me that got beat up real bad in a mining accident. Have you ever had bad or unsafe experiences in your mines? What do you do to prepare against accidents?"

#3 "What's your least favorite thing to do?"
-----
To Cullinan the Carbink

Spr_5b_162_s.png

#1 "If you could sell anything other than minerals or stone-related items, what would it be?"

#2 "What was it like ... living underground all that time? What did you think about, dream about? Care about?"

#3 "What's your most cherished memory on the surface?"

Got new Cicaro post up and finally got around to this new State Your Business!

Seriously tho, I would love to see some competing SUs. People shouldn't be like "oh, someone already has thier SU up I guess I should move on," like, COMPETE for that spot if it isn't closed. </3

But at least I found Sinnoh more interesting than Johto.

I personally think Holon was by far the most interesting region

Pokemon Go is as immersive as Flappy Bird.

200_s.gif

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Jauntier needs to work for his title of Most Despised Game Master

Maybe we'd get more eager beavers if we got a neat little Daily article concerning the events of the roleplay, hmm hm hm​

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
Disclosed said:

Who's Kiyo? said:
Seriously tho, I would love to see some competing SUs. People shouldn't be like "oh, someone already has thier SU up I guess I should move on," like, COMPETE for that spot if it isn't closed.

Disclosed said:
Maybe we'd get more eager beavers if we got a neat little Daily article concerning the events of the roleplay, hmm hm hm

Well, after reading those quotes I decided to go for it. Now you have two people fighting for the spot, Kiyo and Disclosed.

So here's my application, written in-character:

APPLICATION FOR: Spirited Away

NAME: Leila[FONT=??]
[/FONT][FONT=??]
[/FONT]SPECIES: Cherrim[FONT=??]

[/FONT]GENDER: Female[FONT=??]
[/FONT][FONT=??]
[/FONT]LEVEL: 30
[FONT=??]
[/FONT]MOVESET: Morning Sun, Leech Seed, Worry Seed, and Aroma Therapy
[FONT=??]
[/FONT]APPEARANCE: I wear a charm that allows me to stay in sunny form. It?s actually a rare variation of a sun-stone that was found near my village. It?s like a ball of sunlight, but it?s not quite enough to keep me completely in my overcast form. As long as I wear it, I don?t exactly revert back to overcast form in darker places. Instead, my petals turn purple and dark, and then they curl over my face like a mask. My ?dress? also turns purple and my face and body turn a purplish red. I still look like a normal overcast cherrim if I?m not wearing my Sunny Charm though.
[FONT=??]
[/FONT]PERSONALITY: I would say that I?m generally very sociable. I really love to talk to people, maybe even a bit too much! But don?t worry; I won?t let it get in the way of my job!!! It?ll just make me work better with my co-workers, I promise! And I'll use my social skills to convince customers to buy!

I guess I can also get flustered if things aren?t working out. I?m also kind of sensitive to yelling, and I tend to hide away when mon are yelling around me. But I'm working on that, and I hope to keep customers happy enough that I won't need to worry about yelling or things not working out!

I?m very punctual, so you can be assured that I?ll be on-time to work! My parents really insisted I put this though: I often come really early. Typically I?m about two hours early to work, but I can just help fix things up when I arrive so early. You really don?t need to get up that early either - I?ll just tidy things up outside the shop. And if I run out of things to do, I'll just sit still and think while I wait for you.

I?ve always loved the mystical and mysterious. I guess it stems from my Sunny Charm. I once tried to put on a play about a mysterious moon cherrim, but nobody in my village is really into that sort of thing. I don?t mind though; it?s not like they tease me about it. My village is so nice.

I?m not sure this counts as personality, but I?m not much of an attacker. I can find other uses for my moves, though. I can use Aroma Therapy if you start to feel upset or stressed, and that?ll liven you right up! I also can use Morning Sun if I start to tire, so you don't have to worry about me running out of energy while the sun is up! Worry Seed is in case anyone gets tired; it can keep us from falling asleep at our jobs. Hopefully no-one will need it, though.
[FONT=??]
[/FONT]BACKGROUND:I was raised in the Village of Sun. It?s a small village, so everyone knows everyone else, and it?s really friendly. I lived with my parents and older brother. My parents named me Leila after the French word for sun, which is soleil. I later learned that it?s actually pronounced soh-ley, not soh-lehl, but I guess my parents didn?t know that.

I?m not the only one in my village with a sunny charm. There?s a legend that a passing legendaries used Solar Beam on a field of sun-stones, creating sunny charms, so there a several cherrim who have them. There aren't any other species who need them.

I received an education in gardening and flower arrangements, like many cherrims. I also learned the language of flowers, which, if you didn?t know, is where flowers symbolize different things. I've got an eye for design, and I love to draw things. My parents had me help them with designs for their shop once, but I was never very interested in juice-selling, so my brother took over the business.Anyway, after receiving my education, I wanted to get a job and stop living off my parents, but the Village of Sun is really tiny, so there wasn?t really room for me to get an interesting job there. So I started looking elsewhere, but not in huge settlements or anything similar, because my parents warned me that those places take some time to adjust too. My best friend, who is a skiploom, volunteered to help me look, and she found the add for Spirited Away.

I'll be honest, I was a bit skeptical at first. But, then I read more about your shop, and it seemed such a charming little place, with mystical knickknacks and trinkets and charms. I simply adore charms! And I'm sure my enthusiasm could help me sell stuff and whatever else you need me to do! People tell me they love enthusiasm.It also might help chase away any worries about Ghost-types to have a happy little cherrim like me standing there! We don't any ghost-types in my village, but I've heard that there is some prejudice towards them.

P.S. Jubilee is rather far away for my little village, at least for a small creature like me. It might take me a little while to get to Jubilee, so I hope it is okay if I?m a little late. I promise this will be the only time that I?m late! I left as soon as possible, but I?m just not a very fast pokemon at traveling! I'll only be a half an hour late at most, and I?ll make up for it by working really hard! I promise!

Last edited:

Ys

Wandering Spirit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Heheh yeah, that's one of the beauties of this forum; knowing exactly who lurks where. I guess I just couldn't resist. :p A family, huh? Sounds nice. Hope I can fit in. But just in case *puts helmet on*

I should have known it wouldn't be as easy.

All right, about the articles of clothing, I'll just give him a pair of sunglasses and a hat. Nothing too fancy either. About his background, maybe that's for the best. The sad story didn't really fit that well into his personality or the reason why he applied.

All right, I've modified the application, so hope this one's better. ^_^

Okay, then, Solar. Bring it on. :p and yes, Disclosed, now you have your wish come true. xD

NAME: Marcus

SPECIES: Quilava

LEVEL: 24

MOVESET: Smokescreen, Flame Wheel, Quick Attack, Double Team

APPEARANCE: Marcus does not wear anything special, though he likes to try on different articles of clothing that make him look tough once in a while. He prefers not to wear them permanently, though, becaue most things can get burned. He likes to wear a pair of sunglasses and a black hat with a flame symbol on it, which he tends to wear on backwards. He got the hat made with a special fire blanket by the Jubilee seamstress, Ellen "Nellie" the Leavanny, so it wouldn't get burned unless exposed to higher temperatures.

PERSONALITY: Marcus thinks reputation is an important part of a person, so he works hard to keep it. Basically, he wants to give off the impression of being tough, brave, and strong. When getting to know other Pokemon better, he shows a softer side, which includes being loyal, perseverant and a hard-worker. Another aspect about him is his competitiveness. He will basically do anything that presents itself as a challenge, or that other Pokemon challenge him to, putting his best of effort, even though the results won't always be the best. This can be a bad or good quality, depending on how it is used. And if he loses, he will probably say something along the lines of "oh, it was boring anyway," or "yeah, I let you win". Inwards, though, he doesn't really mind admitting that he's not the best at many things.

BACKGROUND: Marcus grew up in a town not too far from Jubilee. His parents had a few encounters with humans before relocating on that only-Pokemon town, and they encouraged Marcus and their other children to leave home early on, and become stronger. While looking for a place to live on, Marcus met a male Murkrow who was older than him. He took him under his wing, and taught him some fighting skills, how to survive, and how to do well social-wise. He let Marcus have a lot of freedom, though, and the Cyndaquil had many experinces and met many Pokemon, as he and the Murkrow traveled a lot. But the bird couldn't keep protecting and taking care of Marcus all of his life, so he encouraged him to move on, train, and go live somewhere permanently. At this point, Marcus had already evolved into a Quilava, so he wasn't helpless anymore, but he missed the bird who had been like an older brother/uncle figure. The Quilava went to live on Jubilee a few days before the summer festival, as he'd heard the festival was something he couldn't miss out on. But he needed a job to have money, and he'd have to work to earn his keep. Plus, if there was something that the Murkrow had taught him, and that he had learned along the way, was that first impressions were very important. Realizing there was an open spot available at one of the stores, he applied there, not knowing exactly what the shop had in stor for the festival, or about its rivalry with the store across the street.

Well, your application seems nice, Solar. I wouldn't really mind if you had the spot, and if you do get it, then good luck.

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
Whoa there ladies, no need to get rousey over the competition, there's only one errol to go around and ech can only get so aroused.

I'm really liking both characters, Marcus strikes me as being quite the competition for Gabriel, with both of them being competitive and enjoying showing off. Leila sounds really fun as well, I'd actually love to see how she'd operate in the store with the whole sunny form/overcast form mechanic (and how her personality would change based on the form). How old is she though? I've got a soft side for in-character apps but it's hard to determine whether she's a young'un like errol or just lives with her parents like Sam.

Also yes jaunt 4 worst gm 2k69

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
How old is she though? I've got a soft side for in-character apps but it's hard to determine whether she's a young'un like errol or just lives with her parents like Sam.

I'm not sure of her exact age, but she's more like Sam, but with an overly optimistic/naive outlook on life that makes her seem more childish. Her overcast form is her more mature form, but also more cynical and aggressive. Not a whole lot more though.

Well, your application seems nice, Solar. I wouldn't really mind if you had the spot, and if you do get it, then good luck.

Good luck to you as well!

Last edited:
Back