• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Starter evolutions, demo and Ash-Greninja

Years
  • Dartrix looks pretty spiffy with that asymmetrical leaf hair (the animation of him flipping his hair is hillarious) and bow tie.The brown coat serves a little bit like a hood AND a suit jacket which is kind of interesting...though a bit distracting that it sort of looks like a lion's mane/beard. Overall, I like it. 9/10

Torracat is soooo cute with its little bell and animations. In the amie it is kneading its paws all while being a baddass. The little bell turns into a flame (which seems to connect with the "flame belt" in the color and function. I hope this guy does get a split evolution, but either way, I don't hate the evo from the leaked concept art..it's just that this design has so much potential. 9.5/10

I love Brionne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bubble ears, frilly tiered dress, pink eyes, and the battlecry. Also, this definitely supports the concept art leak, which is a good thing in my opinion (Thank Arceus I will have my Poppmaid!). She doesn't seem quite like a mermaid/siren yet, more like a nymph/selkie, which goes perfectly toward that evolutionary progression. I love the trend of Popplio (cute), Brionne (pretty), and Poppmaid (beautiful) 10/10

Overall, I loved these....SO HYPED! 9.5/10

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Some in-game dialogue seems to insinuate that Z-moves and Mega-Evolution are related somehow... very interesting, but I'm hoping they don't make the Mega-Evolution lore even more convoluted than what it already is.

Years
  • brionne.png

Just look at this beauty. I need her in my life.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • "Ash-Greninja won't be in the game," they said.
    "It's anime exclusive," they said.
    So what's it like to feel wrong about Ash-Greninja?

Anyway, I could see Popplio's middle evo as a hint towards its leaked final evolution, but how are Rowlet and Litten's middle evos going to evolve into their leaked final forms when neither of their designs hint that?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

Anyway, I could see Popplio's middle evo as a hint towards its leaked final evolution, but how are Rowlet and Litten's middle evos going to evolve into their leaked final forms when neither of their designs hint that?

I have to agree. Those are some drastic changes. This is why I believe there are indeed some type of form differences. They may not be like Rockruff, but I still think there is some type of form change. There still has been no hint of what secrete the starters have. The two Lycanrocs are so different from one another and Midnight was pretty dang drastic.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I mean, I knew Ash-Greninja was going to be in the game, it's a matter of when and not really a matter of if. I thought it was going to be more of a giveaway Pokemon, tbh.

It kinda is since we have to get it from the Demon still. I do wonder if the other two will get a form change though. This kinda happened with Mega Blaziken.

Years

Hm. I thought this at first too, but I think there are design details in these evos that provide a lynch pin to the leaked concept art designs.

Torrocat's bell is reminscent of Luchalitten's flamebelt. Litten does not have a flaming accessory.

Dartrix has spots on his coat similar to Robbinroot. Also there is orange triangles similar to the quills of the leaked concept art. There are no spots on Rowlet's coat.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Have to say though, this did not help me pick a starter lol

but I have like 4 slots already filled up sooooooo

Years
  • Quoting Entermaid, here's the link between Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and their respective middle stages (Dartrix, Torracat, Brionne) to the leaked concept art's final stages:
    tumblr_oeizjiAOT91r9xwbzo1_500.jpg

You can see where he's going here with what he said.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm liking the Starters middle evolutions especially Brionne which may tie into the leaked possible Mermaid Final Stage. Dartrix is a fun idea and I am wondering what his final evolution will be. Torracat looks nice too. I am still picking Rowlet for my starter.

Ash-Greninja...meh.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    As if I couldn't get any less hyped... Torracat is actually decent, but the idea that it's still quadruped at this stage but then still manages to find a way to stand up and become that... thing in the end just hurts.

The Mega Evolution animation looks sick and I love it, but confirming that next year's VGC format doesn't allow Mega Stones practically confirms there will be no new Megas. If there were any, there's no way they'd not allow them in next year's format. So there goes that dream.

And Ash-Greninja... Yeah, I don't really need to say anything. I'm even less hyped about SM than I was about ORAS. I'm incredibly disappointed in these "gen 1 set in Hawaii" games and I'm not happy about it.

Years
  • Apparently I discovered this:
    tumblr_oej0kgsbLs1v9x9blo1_540.jpg

There seems to be a new stone called "Piedra Hielo" in Spanish, which I guess would translate to Ice Stone. Guess this must be what evolves Alolan Vulpix if I'm right.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Torracat definitely gives off a Dark-type vibe just like how Braixen gave out a Psychic-type vibe. Also, like Charmeleon, Quilava, and Braixen, it's not Fire/Fighting unlike the Gen III-V middle stage Fire Starters. This to me gives more credibility to the rumored typing of Fire/Dark.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Torracat definitely gives off a Dark-type vibe just like how Braixen gave out a Psychic-type vibe. Also, like Charmeleon, Quilava, and Braixen, it's not Fire/Fighting unlike the Gen III-V middle stage Fire Starters. This to me gives more credibility to the rumored typing of Fire/Dark.

There's no way GF will make another fire/starter for a long time... They've learned their lesson.. right? Right? D:

Back