• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nope, it broke free again!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    What's the longest time you've spent catching a Pok?mon? What Pok?mon was it?

Thought of this because I'm currently catching all the Tapus and UBs in Pok?mon Sun, and it's pretty damn tough. I think the Pok?mon I've spent the most time on is Mewtwo in Pok?mon X, where I didn't have a very good team and spent several hours making the attempt.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I'd have to say Regice in Sapphire. I spent almost three hours trying to catch it. I had to reset several times because it kept killing itself with Struggle. I was wishing for the old "You missed the Pokemon!" message to appear just so I could have something different.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    If I had to catch mewtwo in Y. That mostly longest time ever but luckily for me I able caught it with duskball and super random lucky generator

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think I used like, 40 Ultra Balls on one legendary this one time. I can't quite remember which game, but I'm pretty sure it was Rayquaza that just refused to join my team.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    All the Tapus have actually been super easy for me. I caught all but Lele on the first Ultra Ball.

However, another really slow one for me was Primal Kyogre in AS. Before that game I normally used the Master Ball on legendary mascots, but I decided not to do it for Kyogre. I'm glad I made that choice, since I had it for Deoxys instead, but man did Kyogre take a long time. At least 5 resets iirc.

Years
    I have horrible memories with the times i tried catching Ho-Oh in Pokemon soulsilver That darn flying chicken Took about 60+ ultra balls Including two resets Because 1. i managed to knock him out sometimes 2. he ran out of moves and killed himself 3. One hit kills most of the time I was literally sitting there half asleep thinking that i would never catch him But just when i was just about to give up I caught him.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    ugh idk how long i've spent but the worst are definitely the relatively-common mon that i try to get for the pokedex that WON'T GET IN THE DAMN BALL

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Its either the legends in the main story of the game like Lugia in SoulSilver, or the other common Pokemon in the wild or ones that I decided I wanted on my team. Heck, earlier today I accidentally caught a Nidorino and Rhyhorn in Yellow then had to try hard to catch a Chansey I needed on my team. :/ Of course, Safari Zones are another story....

Years
    I'm pretty sure it was Ho-Oh during a playthrough of SS, for some reason that thing just would not stay in an Ultra Ball and I literally spent the best part of an hour trying to catch it -_-

Years
    Deoxys in Omega Ruby, I forget how many Ultra Balls I used, it took hours, I had a Master Ball in my invetory at the time but I thought maybe their might of been a more difficult Legendary to catch after Deoxys. Shoulda used the Master Ball, all the rest of the Legendaries I caught in ORAS were a cake walk to catch with a Ultra Ball. I caught all the Ultra Beasts, Tapu's, and Lunala in Moon on Ultra Balls, Then Necrozma came along, didn't even battle just threw the Master Ball.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Azelf in Platinum. Took maybe half an hour? Catching it in Omega Ruby was almost the same, though after another attempt following a soft reset, I got it in like...the first Ultra Ball or Poke Ball, I believe.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Back long before gen 3 came around, I found myself wanting to catch Lugia. Trying to catch it, I spend multiple stacks (one stack being 99) of Ultra Balls in multiple attempts (as in I had to reload my game multiple times, because I either run out of balls or it killed itself) just to catch that thing.

Another uphill battle I remember dearly back when I was a kid, was when I had my first ever encounter with Articuno in Blue. All them ball throw misses...

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
    Years
    My younger brother was trying to catch a Weedle as trade fodder on soul silver, but said LV6 Weedle broke out of EVERY ball he threw, including ALL his ultra balls. Guess what? He caught it with the first standard Poke ball he threw {XD}

We would have never thought a WEEDLE of all things would give us trouble.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    Lets see, there was Deoxys in ORAS, who never did join my team and I forgot to save beforehand because I didn't know that battle was going to happen..., Rayquaza back in the day was a real pain, as well as Tapu Lele and Bulu. There was even a time where Groudon gave me way too much to handle because I refused to use the Master Ball (because i wanted to save it for Rayquaza)

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    some of the most stubborn Pokemon I had the hardest time catching in Alpha Sapphire were Azelf and Terrakion I had to reset for Terrakion.

Back