Vote for your first Forum Fiesta!

Started by Klippy February 22nd, 2017 3:03 PM
  • 52 replies
  • Public Poll

Which idea would you like to be our first Forum Fiesta?

• 14.29%
  • 14.29%
  • 42.86%
  • 17.86%
  • 23.21%
  • 23.21%
  • 17.86%
  • 19.64%
  • 25.00%
  • 14.29%
  • 19.64%

Klippy

L E G E N D of

Age 28
Male
Disneyland
Seen April 13th, 2020
Posted May 16th, 2019
16,382 posts
14.6 Years

Welcome to the Forum Fiesta!

If you're wondering what this is or why the alliteration is strikingly similar to the Forum Frontier, then allow me to explain!

All of last year we ran an event called the Forum Frontier which allowed you, the members, to nominate and vote on a forum you'd most like to see on PC. We had some fun testing out potential permanent areas on the forum, but what we also saw was a lot of extremely fun and unique ideas being proposed that, unfortunately, wouldn't have had a chance to make it full time.

So...what could be next? Forum Fiesta of course!

Forum Fiesta has the sole goal of members nominating fun and interesting areas to run for exactly one month with no strings attached. We're not asking you to nominate areas that could exist on PC forever. We want to see fresh, unique forum ideas that you can enjoy before the Fiesta moves on to another type of area! You can nominate anything from Pokemon Shipping to Calligraphy to Sports to a Pie forum - this is for you all to have fun and enjoy a unique experience month-to-month, so let your ideas flow! If it doesn't have an explicit forum on PC (don't suggest a Welcome forum, for example), it's fair game. Even if there are technically other places on PC to discuss something (you can talk about sports in General Entertainment), if you think it would work well as its own forum, then post it.

If you'd like to nominate a potential Fiesta, include the following info:

• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.)
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area:
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?

In about a week, after everyone has had a chance to discuss all the various choices and nominations, we will put together a poll in this same thread for everyone to vote on. Each iteration of the Fiesta will run at the start of the following month and halfway through we will open up a nomination thread for the next month's Fiesta.
*Disclaimer: We may exclude options that are not appropriate, break rules, too similar to a current forum in general, etc.

Have at it and have fun! :D

Xorn

Age 21
Female
Hyperspace
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
7,420 posts
10.3 Years
homestuck forum y/y
Contents discussion of: anything related to homestuck, ie, characters, story, hivebent, cosplays
Forum Name: The Medium

EC

Just call me EC!

Age 28
Male
Youngstown, Ohio
Seen June 13th, 2020
Posted June 13th, 2020
5,489 posts
4.4 Years
Right. I'm going to nominate something different than sports this time, since we're doing one month forums now, and I don't think the upcoming month would be ripe with sports conversation...

• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.): Amusement park, theme park, rollercoaster discusion forum.

• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Could have discussions on, of course, amusement parks and theme parks, coasters too, and I could run two threads "Guess The Coaster" and "Guess The Park", which would be similar to the "Guess The Pokemon" threads of yore, where I'll crop a picture, and ask the viewing public to determine what coaster/park it is. We could even give away an emblem for the best score at the end of the month. Who knows?

• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?: The Midway

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.6 Years
type of forum: pizza
topics: anything pizza related
name: pizza hut

Syndrome

Age 25
Male
Seen June 25th, 2020
Posted March 12th, 2020
• What type of forum are you nominating? Tinder (and Grindr, we're inclusive ofc)
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Users post threads and put themselves on display. Those interested can slide into their PMs and hopefully some members can find their one true PC love.
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? Match.forum

Sirfetch’d

Age 26
Male
Weather Institute in Hoenn
Seen 43 Minutes Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
• What type of forum are you nominating? Tinder (and Grindr, we're inclusive ofc)
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Users post threads and put themselves on display. Those interested can slide into their PMs and hopefully some members can find their one true PC love.
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? Match.forum
gg

Her

Age 26
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
11,379 posts
12.2 Years
What type of forum are you nominating? Spooky Forum
Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: The supernatural, the more mystical aspects of religion, cults, interesting mythologies, paranormal topics/experiences, etc.
If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? The X-Files

I'll be damned if I don't admit that Garghelina had a fantastic idea and I will do my best to get it recognised as such.

EC

Just call me EC!

Age 28
Male
Youngstown, Ohio
Seen June 13th, 2020
Posted June 13th, 2020
5,489 posts
4.4 Years
Sorry but Disney auto wins. Or Amusement Parks cause I can still talk disneyland there.
This whole time I've been talking to Smocks about DIsneyland when I should have been talking to you.

Desert Stream~

4 million years

Female
Seen June 8th, 2020
Posted June 24th, 2019
3,262 posts
4.7 Years
What type of forum are you nominating? Spooky Forum
Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: The supernatural, the more mystical aspects of religion, cults, interesting mythologies, paranormal topics/experiences, etc.
If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? The X-Files

I'll be damned if I don't admit that Garghelina had a fantastic idea and I will do my best to get it recognised as such.
Sounds nice, I'm all into cultist stuff, and summoning chickens and the like.

But....
I will nominate:

• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.)
Fruit Forum
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area:
Talk about fruits, like bananas, dragonfruits, tomatos, etc.
Or post pictures of fruits, like bananas, dragonfruits, tomatos, etc.
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?
Fruit Salad
https://discord.gg/nqfg9UE Please join I need members ;_;

Radiating

Male
United States
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted December 21st, 2018
5,787 posts
3.5 Years
Politics Forums

For those political fights haha

Xorn

Age 21
Female
Hyperspace
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
7,420 posts
10.3 Years
Politics Forums

For those political fights haha
https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Dimitri

Age 30
Female
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
15,675 posts
7.1 Years
• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.): Animal & Pets Care
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Helpful tips & tricks for pet owners, recommendations for first timers, etc
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?: The Zoo

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
21,994 posts
8.3 Years
We need a gimmepie appreciation forum

Kostas

Male
Greece!
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted March 10th, 2019
1,279 posts
5.3 Years
What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.) : Sports forum

Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: for example, one general discussion thread for football, one for basketball. Also there can be weekly polls by comparing players, teams and many more.

If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? To be honest I need to think a little more for the name of it but 'the locker room' will probably work

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
21,994 posts
8.3 Years
We have one.

You do care!

starseed

creating inspiration

Age 31
Female
the land of magical unicorns
Seen June 20th, 2020
Posted June 14th, 2020
6,593 posts
16.1 Years
forum: cats forum
topics: cats. fat cats, skinny cats, girl cats, boy cats.
name: whiskers
This has my vote. ^

What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.) A 90s forum
Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: This forum would be dedicated to the shows and other stuff related to this decade. We could even have a few games such as "guess that quote" or something. It doesn't have to even strictly be for 90s shows either.
If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? The Splat (because this is the name of the 90's nick show block on Teen Nick)

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
5,944 posts
11.5 Years
What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.): dragon ball
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: dragon ball discussion board
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? capsule corp
Theme: Osamu Dazai (Bungo to Alchemist)
Pair: Drew

Cay

Seen June 4th, 2020
Posted January 1st, 2020
2,072 posts
5.6 Years
since yall love talking about the weather oh so much

• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.): weather
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: discussion about the weather
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?: wetter ist verboten