• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
K-On!! (with an extra exclamation mark, as we're talking about the second season) at the moment. Probably gonna break away at the midway point and watch something else to pad...

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Love tyrant... It's 4/10 show in my book but I just can't stop watching it :D and Re:Creators is Promising... Gin Guardian the Chinese anime is damn good so far.

also, Saekano s2, My Hero Academia s2, Berserk s2, Gran Blue, and Shingeki No Bahamut.

pkmin3033

I started watching Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid last night. Now, I have a very high tolerance for fanservice. How high? Two of my highest-rated shows on MAL are Keijo and Cross Ange. But this...yeah, I don't think I'm going to get through this somehow, unless it has the most spectacular and empowering character development I have ever seen in a show, ever. This is like...what Madoka would be like if it was a lewd fanservice show. It's THAT bad. And this is only after 2 episodes.

...maybe I should just move on to Non Non Biyori like I was going to.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
I started watching Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid last night. Now, I have a very high tolerance for fanservice. How high? Two of my highest-rated shows on MAL are Keijo and Cross Ange. But this...yeah, I don't think I'm going to get through this somehow, unless it has the most spectacular and empowering character development I have ever seen in a show, ever. This is like...what Madoka would be like if it was a lewd fanservice show. It's THAT bad. And this is only after 2 episodes.

It's just straight fan service dude... no real character development. If you like the two mains chemistry you might get through the entire series... but if don't just drop it now :D

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm in the middle of watching Kokoro Connect as part of this month's anime contract challenge.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Started Boku no Hero Academia. I'm not really a fan of too weird-ish animes, like Dragon Ball, One Punch Man, ect. But so far I'm kinda enjoying it. I was so / so with the first episode, but that last scene in the 2nd episode... dang.

Years
HeroAca, Dragon Ball and One Punch Man are weird?

Anyway, I'm just watching airing series at the moment;

Atom: The Beginning
HeroAca 2
Boruto
Busou Shoujo Machiavellian
ID-0
Rinne 3
Little Witch Academia
Nobunaga no Shinobi
Re:Creators
Uchouten Kazoku 2

I'll probably start the new Warau Salesman today too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Started watching Yu Yu Hakusho. I've heard a lot of good things about this show, so let's see if it holds up.

Az_Gc

En busca de la decencia.
Years
I'm watching four animes at the moment: two of them are from this season, Sword Oratoria (idk why) and Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul; the other two are Seitokai no Ichizon and Gintama (I'll die before finishing it, I'm sure)

pkmin3033

Now that the dub is finally out, I'm watching Tales of Zestiria the X...and I'm surprised to find that I'm enjoying it. Zestiria has an absolutely awful plot, but knowing what I do about its backstory with Berseria now, I can appreciate it a lot more, and it just translates better into anime format. Maybe I'll even go back and play the game again after this...or at least play it in the future.

Also, the animation is great - and it must be if I'm noticing it; I don't give a shit about animation unless it's hideous moeblobs, CGI, or trash like Eureka Seven - and the music is fantastic. The OP is catchy too.

FINALLY, something I'm actually enjoying.

pkmin3033

Picked up Classicaloid after ACCA bored the fuck out of me.

I really hope it can keep up this pace. It's by no means anything groundbreaking, but its utterly charming and I love it. Also the remixes are amazing. If nothing else the albums that have come out of this (six of them!) are spectacular.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Finally watching the second season of Shingeki no Kyojin! It's already moved on further than the part of the manga where I stopped. I heard something was different in the anime, but I hope it's not too much so that I don't have to read the manga to get the 'real' story.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Getting prepared to watch Attack on Titan's season 1; also thinking of possibly adding Usagi Drop to the watchlist. Might also think of DanMachi and Sword Oratoria.

Currently binge-watching Myriad Colours Phantom World (yes, that show) and actually liking it by episode 6. Seems like it's one of these things that you just keep going and it starts feeling pretty good.

Still on a daily Nichijou and weekly Granblue Fantasy watch regimen.

Saw the newest Dragon Maid special raw, and going to watch the second OVA of Gabriel DropOut soon.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I'm watching One Piece and Precure every week as usual, but I'm also rewatching Pretty Cure 5 Gogo. I first watched it in 2008, but it was hard to find Precure subs back then so I watched most of it RAW. Now I'm watching it subbed.

I also decided to finally finish Naruto Shippuuden. I dropped it last year in the middle of the last giant filler arc. I have about 50 episodes left, and I'll slowly wrap them up come this fall. At that point I might move on to Boruto to see what it's all about.

Once I finish PC5 or Naruto I'll likely pick up another recently completed series from 2017 or 2016. I haven't decided what though.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
A few days ago I decided to watch Symphogear, in fact I'm currently on ep.10 of GX. This is a bit late, but I love how over the top it is; GX alone starts off with Hibiki supplexing a space shuttle just to save a village. And that was after they blew a hole in K2 just because it was in the way. It's not the best anime, but it's a fun watch.
The ost is also as hype as I've been told. My favourite songs? are a tie between Waikyou Shenshoujing and Bye-Bye Lullaby. Chris is best girl, but I love the entire cast.

...Although, G and GX's transformations are a bit too fanservicy imo. It's very jarring when compared to the original sequence's silhouettes. I hope it's toned down in AXZ.

Back