• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you miss about PC?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
The Treehouse was such a cute name!

A lot of great members have drifted away from here, which leaves me a little sad. I miss their presence on the forums. I also miss clubs. :b

When the Battle Server used to be active, it was mayhem, but super lighthearted and fun! :')

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
New days in Challenges are pretty good too :)

But I really miss people and activity that was here when I joined here.

I'm sure they are! I just need to get my butt in gear and do some more. While I'm job hunting, I do have the time. I've actually just been enjoying playing and using what I want to use as of late and I can't seem to get myself in the mood for challenges like I used to. :(

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
Having been a member for so long, there is a lot I come back here and reminisce about. The people, the clubs I was in. The friendships. All of these things change with time, but honestly the people I've met here that no longer are around are what I miss the most. <3 I hope all of them are well.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'm a relatively new user but the forum activity seems to have declined even more than when I was new. I know people have lives to lead and moved on but still, it's astonishing. In the future I'll probably reminisce like the veteran users here. Hopefully the forum isn't dead by then. I certainly prefer this forum over r/pokemon which does nothing but post fan art 24/7 and circlejerk everything pokemon related. Plus it feels more personal posting here.

Last edited:
Years
I miss when people actively made "fun" shitposty topics in Pokemon General. idk why they aren't made as much but it's not like I'm preventing anyone from doing so lol

What i really miss that i think is out of our control at this point is the rapid amount of activity this site used to have like in the mid-to-late 2000s or so. The DCC was getting a million posts a minute (exaggeration, but that's just to paint a picture of how active this place used to be) and in general the community was most bustling and alive. There was so many new people to meet and become friends with, and everyday I always felt like was something... different, y'know? It was the same PC, but always a different kind of adventure as to what your day was going to be like because of all of the new friends you've made and all the new people that you've just met... it's stuff that I really miss.

I also miss a lot of the people that used to hang around here even last year. They were cool peeps.

A part of me also misses forum fiesta before it caught on fire lol. interesting times those were.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
There was so many new people to meet and become friends with, and everyday I always felt like was something... different, y'know? It was the same PC, but always a different kind of adventure as to what your day was going to be like because of all of the new friends you've made and all the new people that you've just met... it's stuff that I really miss.

No hyperbole when I say I nearly cried. This is exactly what I miss, since that was the time I joined the forum. This hit me hard. I miss this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It still is like that though...? :3 Might be you who have changed, rather than PC, in that sense. Which is perfectly natural.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hm, I guess the spirit isn't there as before? But maybe it should be more on my part to help try fix that.

Just gotta believe~!

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I mostly miss some of my old friends who used to hang around here around 2004 xD; Although, I don't remember a lot of them o.o;;

I also miss the fan clubs. I would of loved to make one for Korrina :/ I'm not sure if those are still around or not, i should check....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I mostly miss some of my old friends who used to hang around here around 2004 xD; Although, I don't remember a lot of them o.o;;

I also miss the fan clubs. I would of loved to make one for Korrina :/ I'm not sure if those are still around or not, i should check....
got good news for you as of yesterday ;D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I miss looking forward to jumping on here when I was 11/12, even 16-17. Now that I'm 21, a lot of my friends have moved on and so have I. I definitely miss the countless hours we had talking about the most random things. I miss moderating, I miss being involved, but I've grown up now. Things change. People move on. PC no longer has that 'charm' for me anymore. That's not because it's bad, it's just that times have changed and a new generation have joined.

Back