Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 38 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Tribe Fini Logo
3,433 posts
6.4 Years

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN BE A POKMON MASTER?

Are Pokmon games to easy for you? Are you looking for new way to play? Then check out Challenges this Event! But you're probably asking what is this about... Well, in this Event, you play through Pokmon game of your choosing from the start up to the Champion with a Tapu-themed Team.

General rules:
  • You'll be playing through any main series Pokmon game. ROM hacks completed up to the 4th Gym are also acceptable.
  • If you need to evolve a Pokmon through trading, feel free to do so. Otherwise, no trading allowed. Similarly, hacking in items is allowed for evolutions, provided it is unavailable before the Elite Four in your game.
  • This challenge ends when you beat Champion of your game or Red in Johto or Alder in Black/White.
  • To make sure you've read the rules, your Tribe is now Necrozma.
  • You can't use any Legendary or Mythical Pokmon.
  • But you can use Mega Pokmon and Z-Crystals. You can also use both Exp. Share and Pokmon-Amie/Refresh in Gen VI and VII.
  • You can complete this challenge as many times as you want, but only once for points.
  • Playing Pokmon game can take a pretty long time, so anyone who can beat at least 4 Gyms/Olivia will get a Normalium Z for their team. But don't worry. After the GT ends, this Challenge will be moved to the Challenges Forum (which you should visit anyway) where you can continue your journey.
  • The "Challenge" here is that you must play the game with a thematic team. Your team must be consisted of the Pokmon below:

Team:
  1. Any Electric-Type if you're in Tribe Koko, Grass-Type if you're in Tribe Bulu, Psychic-Type if you're in Tribe Lele and Water-Type to the ones in Tribe Fini.
  2. 2 Pokmon that can be found on:
    • Melemele Island for Tribe Koko
    • Akala Island for Tribe Lele
    • Ula'ula Island for Tribe Bulu
    • Poni Island for Tribe Fini
  3. One Pokmon that:
    • have Speed stat higher that 90 for Tribe Koko
    • have Special Attack stat higher that 90 for Tribe Lele
    • looks like a bull or is fat for Tribe Bulu
    • is Water-Type but doesn't look like a fish for Tribe Fini
  4. Any Pokmon of the type used by your Tribe's Kahuna*
  5. Any Pokmon of the same type as any of the Z-Crystals given to you in your Tribe's Island's Trial (except for Kahuna's Z-Crystals)**

*If you're playing any of the Kanto games and you're in Tribe Bulu, you won't be able to get any Dark-Types. You can use any Pokmon that have an Alolan Regional Variant for this one.

**If you're in Tribe Fini and playing in Gens I-V, you can use any Pokmon that becomes Fairy-Type in Gen VI.

ULTRA WORMHOLE APPEARED!
Ultra Wormholes are appearing all over the Alola. Thanks to that, you can swap one of the required Pokmon with any non-Legendary Pokmon that can be found in Ultra Space.

Sign-up:
Name:
Tribe:
Game:

Challengers:
Spoiler:
Junier - Fire Red Advanced
Spirit Shackle - Ultra Moon
Calzone407 - Red or Ultra Sun
Chr. Draco - Moon

Winners:
Spoiler:
CodeHelmet - Yellow (Lele)
UltimaSoul - Fire Red (Lele)
BlissyMKW - Gold (Bulu)
Cyaloom - Platinum (Fini)
5qwerty - Fire Red (Lele)
tokyodrift- Blaze Black 2 (Bulu)
teababe27- Gold (Fini)
Suon - Black (Lele)
TailsMK4 - Blaze Black 2 (Fini)
Zemanahrad - Ultra Moon (Fini)

Created by Zemanahrad and Spirit Shuckle

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 38 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Tribe Fini Logo
3,433 posts
6.4 Years
Name: Zemanahrad
Tribe: Necrozma
Game: Ultra Moon
Planned Team:
Water-Type for Fini Tribe -
2 Pokmon found on Poni Island - and
Non-Fish Water-Type for Fini -
Kahuna's Pokmon -
Fairy Z-Crystal from Poni Island -

This will be my 1st time playing Ultra Moon, so I'm kinda hyped for it...

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 38 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Tribe Fini Logo
3,433 posts
6.4 Years
That moment when you notice only 5 mons are required and will therefore make my life easier.
There are 2 Pokmon in 2nd slot actually.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense

Northeast US
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
Tribe Lele Logo
1,531 posts
3.8 Years
Sign-up: Meh
Name: Spirit Shuckle... apparently. How did I forget to deal with that?
Tribe: Our lord and savior Necrozema
Game: Ultra Moon

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Challenges - TCG - Daily

TailsMK4

Age 28
Male
Texas
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
Tribe Fini Logo
475 posts
1.3 Years
Name: TailsMK4
Game: Pokemon Blaze Black 2
Planned Team:

2 Pokmon found on Poni Island - and (Riolu is obtainable)
Kahuna's Pokmon - (fourth gym occurs too early to turn this into a full-fledged Flygon)
Current VPP: (to be turned into a Leafeon later) --------------- Fire Type Emblem Character: Coral

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
Tribe Lele Logo
874 posts
1.3 Years
Name:Calzone407
Tribe:Necrozma
Game:Either red or US

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
Tribe Lele Logo
3,379 posts
2.2 Years
Username: CodeHelmet
Tribe: Lele
Game: Yellow

Planned Team:

1) Psychic Type... really? Psychic OP in Gen 1 and I saw no limitations with regards to Legendaries *grins* I'll go with Starmie seeing as it serves as a Water Type.
2) Two Pokemon on Akala Island... hmm. Butterfree is a given... as for second... Eevee -> Jolteon
3) Special > 90 = Ninetales!! Base stats are different for Gen 1 btw :)
4) Rock Types so I'll go with Onix seeing as none of her Pokemon are available.
5) Fire, Grass or Water. Grass seems appropriate here and I'll go with Bulbasaur(or Venusaur).

Hopefully my GBC and 20 year old Yellow cartridge don't die on me :D

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 38 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Tribe Fini Logo
3,433 posts
6.4 Years
Username: CodeHelmet
Tribe: Lele

Planned Team:

1) Psychic Type... really? Psychic OP in Gen 1 and I saw no limitations with regards to Legendaries *grins* I'll go with Starmie seeing as it serves as a Water Type.
2) Two Pokemon on Akala Island... hmm. Butterfree is a given... as for second... Eevee -> Jolteon
3) Special > 90 = Ninetales!! Base stats are different for Gen 1 btw :)
4) Rock Types so I'll go with Onix seeing as none of her Pokemon are available.
5) Fire, Grass or Water. Grass seems appropriate here and I'll go with Bulbasaur(or Venusaur).

Hopefully my GBC and 20 year old Yellow cartridge don't die on me :D
I'm sorry CodeHelmet, but the Tribe has spoken. You have to find new one. (btw, Necrozma is looking for new worshipers - you can find more about it in the rules)
And I'm not even talking about the rule about Legendaries that is and been there from the start...

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
Tribe Lele Logo
3,379 posts
2.2 Years
I'm sorry CodeHelmet, but the Tribe has spoken. You have to find new one. (btw, Necrozma is looking for new worshipers - you can find more about it in the rules)
And I'm not even talking about the rule about Legendaries that is and been there from the start...
Hardy har har... For that :7: dies

Username:CodeHelmet
Planned Team: Starmie, Butterfree, Jolteon, Ninetales Onix, and Venusuar

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 38 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Tribe Fini Logo
3,433 posts
6.4 Years
Name: TailsMK4
Tribe: Fini
Game: Pokemon Blaze Black 2
Planned Team:

2 Pokmon found on Poni Island - and (Riolu is obtainable)
Kahuna's Pokmon - (fourth gym occurs too early to turn this into a full-fledged Flygon)
Looks like you avoided Lord's Necrozma eyes. You should really think about where you belong more. (Go back and read the rules again, then edit your sign up)

tokyodrift

Age 25
Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Tribe Bulu Logo
3,786 posts
8.2 Years
Name: tokyodrift
Game: Blaze Black 2
Planned Team:
1. Meganium (Grass type)
2. Ariados ( Spinarak is found on Ula'ula Island)
3. Slowking ( Slowpoke is found on Ula'ula Island)
4. Snorlax (Tapu Bulu's bff)
5. Honchkrow (Nanu uses Dark-types)
6. Krookodile (Nanu gives the Darkinium Z so this should be fine)

Suon

Male
Australia
Seen September 27th, 2018
Posted September 13th, 2018
Tribe Lele Logo
75 posts
4.7 Years
Name: Suon
Game: Black
“You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”
“Why, what did she tell you?”
“I don’t know, I didn’t listen.”

BlissyMKW

Rawr

Age 24
The Shadow Realm
Seen August 11th, 2019
Posted July 12th, 2019
Tribe Bulu Logo
1,093 posts
9.1 Years
So before I start my run (and if nobody posts when I have my first update ready, I'll edit this post and add it in,) allow me to present my planned team.

First, as a member of the Necrozma Tribe, Bulu Edition, I have to use a Grass type. Since Chikorita is avaliable at start (even if the first two gyms will be a nightmare), it's the earliest Grass type I can scoop up outside of...Bellsprout, and Bellsprout requires a Leaf Stone to evolve, so I don't want to wait forever to fully evolve it, so Meganium it is.

Gyarados is in the Ula'ula dex and there just happens to be a free Lv. 30 shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage with my name on it.

And meanwhile, I know having two Water types will be a bad idea long term, but I'm going to go with Slowbro as my second Ula'ula pick. It can learn Surf and is able to be caught fairly early despite also being weak to Bug so Bugsy just got a whole lot worse. Also, this means I won't need to catch a Krabby as a Surf slave.

A bull or something that is fat. Tauros is able to be caught, but Miltank is fat. I'm going to go for Miltank, mostly because it has a ever so slightly higher encounter rate than Tauros.

...Umbreon. It's either Umbreon or Sneasel, and Sneasel is not only all the way at Ice Path, but it's awful in Gen 2. At least Umbreon can be a bulky stall mon and learn Toxic when I beat Janine.

Since Buginium Z isn't an option (and all the Bug types in Johto barring Forretress are bad anyway), I'm going to pick Ampharos. An early Electric type who doesn't get ruined by Falkner, makes Bugsy less of a pain, can learn Thunder Wave to make catching Miltank and Gyarados easier, and kinda helps the fact that I'm using two Water types. It can also learn elemental punches, and that's always a plus in my book.

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
Tribe Lele Logo
3,379 posts
2.2 Years
So I have a challenge update. Got my Electric starter, defeated my rival twice, got 5 free Pokeballs, caught Caterpie(evolved it into Butterfree), defeated Brock with little effort, breezed through Mount Moon and used Happiness exploit to get Bulbasaur before Misty. Grinded Bulbasaur to 18 and proceeded to sweep Misty with Vine Whip. Blue was a pain in the arse with just Bulbasaur and Butterfree(Spearow in particular but Sleep Powder is a lifesaver).

With just two Pokemon on my team, it was interesting going through SS.Anne(wherein facing Blue again was a pain in the arse due to that Spearow). Rather than facing Lt.Surge right away, I opted to go to Rock Tunnel to grab my Rock Snake Pokemon. Found one after a lot of Wild Encounters and Escape Roped out. Training Rock Types is a pain when you're facing Pokemon that can KO it in no time flat(like Diglett's Dig). Eventually I got it to a respectable level where its Rock/Ground Typing proved to be too much for Lt.Surge.

Eventually made my way through Rock Tunnel and stopped at Lavender Town. Will update again when I advance further.

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 38 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Tribe Fini Logo
3,433 posts
6.4 Years
6. Krookodile (Nanu gives the Darkinium Z so this should be fine)
Actually there is note in the brackets about excluding Z-Crystals of Kahunas for that rule so only Electric and Ghost-Types are available for you Bulu guys.

tokyodrift

Age 25
Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Tribe Bulu Logo
3,786 posts
8.2 Years
Actually there is note in the brackets about excluding Z-Crystals of Kahunas for that rule so only Electric and Ghost-Types are available for you Bulu guys.
Ahh got it, must have read over that. Ill use an Electric type in place of it.

Chr. Draco

Visiting Twilight Town and eating sea salt ice cream

Male
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted August 15th, 2019
Tribe Fini Logo
891 posts
10.9 Years
I have my moon game which has only the first 18 minutes played (before you speak to lillie and the cutscene for the whole kahuna and choose your starter begins). Could I use it or choose another game?

Name: Chr. Draco
Game: Moon

possible team for moon

1. Primarina (water typer starter)

2. Midnight Lycanrock, Mandibuzz (pre evo can be found in melemele)

3. Golduck (same as above)

4. Alolan Dugtrio (because ground type)

5. Salamence (because dragon z-crystal trial) (bagon can be found in melemele)

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 38 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Tribe Fini Logo
3,433 posts
6.4 Years
I have my moon game which has only the first 18 minutes played (before you speak to lillie and the cutscene for the whole kahuna and choose your starter begins). Could I use it or choose another game?
Yep, it!s okay to use.

Also, I started my run too...

Island Challenge in Pokmon Ultra Moon

PART 1

I picked my Ultra Moon copy where I was soft resetting for shiny Popplio and decided that I don't want to waste time with it anymore so I started new game. After introduction part, I saw the starters cutscene for 426th time and picked Litten this time. That means Hau will get Rowlet and will have some advantage over me.
I did some research and found out I can't get Rockruff and Cutiefly until pretty far on 1st island so I decided to swap Tauros for Zoroark - thanks to that I'll have Pokmon fit for the challenge from the start.
So I beat the festival with Litten and got to the Trainer School where I was finally able to catch Zorua. Now another challenge waits on me. What theme should I use for the names? Well, because I wasn't able to pull Yu-Gi-Oh event this year, I decided to at least name my characters after characters from Yu-Gi-Oh anime. So Zorua is small cute pet that turns into big dark monster... Yep, it's Yugi. I had to train a little bit, because the final boss of the school - level 10 Popplio was kinda hard. It was 2-shoting Yugi.
After that, I progressed pretty smoothly. I caught Cutiefly - Aki and got ready for the 1st Trial. Also 1st battle with Ilima was okay. I had to solo it with Yugi, but it was okay.
But back to 1st Trial. Aki had Fairy Wind and Silver Wind, so I had upper hand most of the time. But man, Totem Alolan Raticate si HUGE. At least against Aki. But I OHKO Raticate with Silver Wind crit and got my 1st Z-Crystal.

Team

Yugi, Lax Male Zorua
lvl 15, Illusion
- Pursuit
- Fury Swipes
- Leer
- Fake Tears

Aki, Modest Female Cutiefly
lvl 14, Honey Gather
- Fiary Wind
- Absorb
- Stun Spore
- Sliver Wind

Chr. Draco

Visiting Twilight Town and eating sea salt ice cream

Male
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted August 15th, 2019
Tribe Fini Logo
891 posts
10.9 Years
Yep, it!s okay to use.

Also, I started my run too...

Island Challenge in Pokmon Ultra Moon

PART 1

I picked my Ultra Moon copy where I was soft resetting for shiny Popplio and decided that I don't want to waste time with it anymore so I started new game. After introduction part, I saw the starters cutscene for 426th time and picked Litten this time. That means Hau will get Rowlet and will have some advantage over me.
I did some research and found out I can't get Rockruff and Cutiefly until pretty far on 1st island so I decided to swap Tauros for Zoroark - thanks to that I'll have Pokmon fit for the challenge from the start.
So I beat the festival with Litten and got to the Trainer School where I was finally able to catch Zorua. Now another challenge waits on me. What theme should I use for the names? Well, because I wasn't able to pull Yu-Gi-Oh event this year, I decided to at least name my characters after characters from Yu-Gi-Oh anime. So Zorua is small cute pet that turns into big dark monster... Yep, it's Yugi. I had to train a little bit, because the final boss of the school - level 10 Popplio was kinda hard. It was 2-shoting Yugi.
After that, I progressed pretty smoothly. I caught Cutiefly - Aki and got ready for the 1st Trial. Also 1st battle with Ilima was okay. I had to solo it with Yugi, but it was okay.
But back to 1st Trial. Aki had Fairy Wind and Silver Wind, so I had upper hand most of the time. But man, Totem Alolan Raticate si HUGE. At least against Aki. But I OHKO Raticate with Silver Wind crit and got my 1st Z-Crystal.

Team

Yugi, Lax Male Zorua
lvl 15, Illusion
- Pursuit
- Fury Swipes
- Leer
- Fake Tears

Aki, Modest Female Cutiefly
lvl 14, Honey Gather
- Fiary Wind
- Absorb
- Stun Spore
- Sliver Wind
Awesome!, Thanks :)

BlissyMKW

Rawr

Age 24
The Shadow Realm
Seen August 11th, 2019
Posted July 12th, 2019
Tribe Bulu Logo
1,093 posts
9.1 Years
And now, without further delay, it's time for...

Episode 1 - A Bulu's Trip to Johto

How long has it been since I've done a Gen 2 run that wasn't a solo run. Honestly, I don't remember at all, but that's not too important right now. We'll see how this run plays out with our almighty starter, Petal the Chikorita. While I always hope for a female Chikorita, the low gender ratio for female starters pretty much means I'll have to get lucky. Knowing my luck, though, it's doubtful that would ever happen.

Anyway, with my starter and first team member in tow, it's off to see Mr. Pokemon, grinding up a little bit along the way so Petal can stand a chance on his own. With some Lv. 3 Sentret kills and a couple of Caterpies, I managed to grind Petal up to Lv. 7 for the super easy rival battle that should give me another level...or run into a Metapod on the return trip and get another level because Metapod is free experience. So, being at Lv. 8 meant that ???'s Cyndaquil was actually no threat at all. I am totally fine with this. With that aside, it's back to New Bark Town for handing in eggs, getting my Poke Balls, and the other business, and then it's off towards Violet City to also get my second team member.

So it turns out I'm actually an idiot. You can't catch Mareep until after the first gym, so we all know what that means. I get to fight Falkner and do Sprout Tower with a Chikorita. This is already turning into a Meganium solo, but it won't be that way for long. Anyway, since almost everything in Sprout Tower was a Bellsprout, it wasn't hard to clear out at all, and I got some more levels too, which should (in theory) make Falkner a cakewalk, even with a Flying weakness.

Well, the first trainer was a little troubling and the second trainer got obliterated by Razor Leaf while Falkner's Pidgeotto gave me a bit of a problem and made me use up my last Potion (please note that at this point, I haven't bought any Potions yet. I've only used ones I've gotten off the ground or from Elm's aide.) Reflect and Poisonpowder helped a little bit too, but it was a fairly simple win either way, netting me the first badge and an evolution to Bayleef.

Now that the gym is done, I can finally go and get a Mareep...after healing, buying potions, and getting the egg from Elm's aide. With that all done, my first encounter was the Mareep I was after. Lucky me. Anyway, with this new addition to the team, I named her the name I give all my Ampharos, Amphy. I took the time to do a little bit of switch training to get Amphy to a point where she could learn Thundershock so she'll have some offensive action that isn't Tackle. With that, it's off towards Union Cave and then to Azalea Town.

So after a nice, relaxing trip through Union Cave in which everything got blown up (and Amphy evolved, but that's nearly as important), we're here in Azalea Town, where we get to go and fight off Team Rocket grunts. It's a fun time, good for the kids. So, we take a nice trip into Slowpoke Well and clear out Team Rocket so we can gain access to the gym. But...before that, I headed on over to Slowpoke Well to get my third team member, Ms. Derp the Slowpoke, then accidently did the rival battle early. I mean, I still won, so it's fine.

Anyway, the gym was fairly uneventful. I tried using Ms. Derp a lot to get her leveled up, and through the power of setting up Curse on Bugsy's Metapod, I swept him with Ms. Derp. Maybe this team won't be so bad after all, especially since the haven of elemental punches are coming very soon...along with an infamous Miltank.

Team Zero

Petal (Bayleef) Lv. 18 @ Miracle Seed
Moves: Tackle, Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf, Reflect

Amphy (Flaaffy) Lv. 18 @ Nothing
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

Ms. Derp (Slowpoke) Lv. 15 @ Nothing
Moves: Curse, Tackle, Growl, Water Gun
Advertiser Content