• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grudges

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Do you hold onto grudges for a long time? Do you find yourself possessed by an inability to reflect? Do you find that the grudges you hold tend to disappear upon looking at yourself, or do you become more convinced upon self-examination?

Years
    • Seen today
    I lack the ability to hold a grudge, since I naturally just end up forgiving the next day, no matter how long I was intending to stay upset. It's rare for me to feel angry enough to even begin wanting to hold a grudge. That's not always a good thing, since I feel in some instances I would be justified to stay upset, but can't retain the feeling for long.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • No, I don't bear grudges; I'll forgive but not forget. This is coming from someone who's had to make tough choices in that regard. Besides, the bitterness just eats you up.

In the rare case someone really angers me, my feelings will be completely reset in a day or two. :P

Years
  • Unless it's something that scarred me or really...hurt me hard, I try not to hold grudges.

E.g. I will never forgive the guy who called me the Faggot of the Opera when I was like 13 and dressed up as the Phantom of the Opera for Halloween at school. It really scarred me.

Small stuff, though, no. I don't see the point of holding grudges for minuscule stuff. Forgive & never forget.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i dont hold grudges per se but i definitely dont let shit go easily. its impossible for me to start on a 100% clean slate w some people. like i really cannot let shit go and ive kind of accepted that. i still have forgiven some people who have done me Dirty in the past but deep down i keep it into account 24/7

TY

Not in general, just very hard to let go of certain things.

Years
  • I can an do hold grudges for a very long time. Sometimes they fade but if you've bothered me enough to really be on my shitlist you're gonna be there a good while.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nah, generally I let go of things easily. However, if a grudge keeps getting fueled, like if whatever I'm upset about keeps happening, it's of course another story.

Years
  • I hold grudges on other people's behalf. If someone treats me badly, chances are I'll feel terrible for twenty seconds, then get distracted by something shiny and forget all about it. When someone treats someone I know badly, dementia will hold off and the incident will be burnt into my mind. It's been a decade since I've even forgiven someone for yelling at a member of my family, and it's only because they seemed repentant and chronically down on their luck. Wrath is pretty easily dispelled under the right circumstances.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • There's very few times I've held a grudge for more than a few weeks. I can count on one hang the amount of grudges I've held for years. I think the longest one I've ever held was three years. That being said, there's one I hold currently that is coming on its three year anniversary as well that I have no intention of ever letting go of.

Years
  • Seldom, you'd have to screw up kinda badly and probably more than once for Milotic to use the move grudge. I'm the cuddly crochet sort of Milotic like this one.
    Grudges

An arguement with me will normally be nearly forgotten by morning when emotions settle. When someone reaches out we're cool. My heart just is slow to close to new experiences and possibilities, if anything I might be too quick to give people a second chance. I'm trusting, and the same way with strangers, pets, kids, old people, the homeless. It is not hard to get my ear to listen.

However, if some has taken me for granted time and time again, then yes, you will get the boot and my heart won't be unthawing to you. Anyone can make a mistake, but if it becomes evident that you just don't respect me or others then you will reap what you have sewn. It will be a bitter crop. I have been abused by more than one ex boyfriend, and I can never trust them again, and never want to see them again.

I would say that I am very reflective, and tend not to make a decision suddenly out of raw emotion. When I leave I do so with no regrets

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    oh my god yes. I can't even say I hide it. I've gotten to the point in my life where I get easily annoyed with people who hurt me, so I've started holding a lot of more grudges.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    there are plenty of customers that i will never forgive so yes.

work aside i don't believe i really hold grudges but those customers bring out the worse in me so who knows!!! maybe someone just hasn't pissed me off that badly yet.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm holding a few of them now after I busted my ass during the Holiday rush at work and how much I normally do at work in general only to have other people get promoted over me when I do twice as much.

Sirfetch’d

grudges get you nowhere. i am not saying you always have to forgive and forget, but it's better to let go of anger because odds are whatever that person did to you isn't worth the pain you have building up inside from all the hate.

Back