• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Slather the bark with honey?

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
In Pokémon there were many different oddly coloured trees in the game. If you "slathered the bark with honey" you would had a possibility of a Pokémon appearing after some time. Did you ever bother with the Honey Trees? :3

Let me know!

Discuss! :3

Sirfetch’d

This was a pretty cool feature that I enjoyed doing on my first playthrough, but after a while it got old and boring. Not to mention that 90% of the time I would forget about it.

Years
I did make use of this a lot, and while it's annoying when you find an extremely common Wurmple it does get better if you find things like Heracross, Aipom (some gain Technician when they evolve!) or if very lucky, the elusive female Combee needed to evolve into Vespiquen (which I did get on my Platinum version).

While it's annoying waiting for the Pokemon, it's nice you can get a Heracross or an Aipom that might be good when it evolves out of it.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I didn't bother with it ever due to laziness ... I'd do it post-game only for Dex entries though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I tried getting a Drifloon from the one at the Valley Windworks on two different Fridays. never. again.

That's not how you get Drifloon. A Drifloon stands in front of the Windworks on Fridays; in other words, it's a stationary Pokemon

Anyway, I only used the honey tree Pokemon as Dex filler. I only encountered Munchlax once, in the honey tree in Floaroma Meadow.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Nope! I used the feature when I first discovered it, but it got stale fast. The chance of finding a rare/quality Pokemon was super slim and the time you had to wait just to encounter a Pokemon was incredibly lengthy. It's a shame though because the feature does have a lot of potential; unfortunately it just wasn't fulfilled.

Years
Well to be honest I don't like this feature as well as I don't like wasting my time at the tree. I did visited them at one time only to look for a Heracross and then what wasted an hour to find it and still it did not appeared

Years
I always used to put honey on the trees. I wanted to find rare Pokemon like Munchlax or a Heracross. I never found them. I always got Wurmple or something really stupid. I sometimes got Aipom however, which is a Pokemon that I did want. Eventually, I just gave up with the Honey trees and I just went on to bring my Snorlax from Firered to Pokemon Pearl and I breeded it. Heracross.. I just used the GTS when I seen one. It's just my horrible luck with Honey Trees!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I used to use Honey Trees to catch Pokemon that I was trying to remember fastest route to check most of Honey trees possible to get them. Sadly, I can't find Munchlax there though.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've gotten some results from those Honey Trees. Wurmple, Combee, Cherubi, Heracross, Aipom, but never the elusive Munchlax. It gets annoying though to return the next day to either find something you've already caught or simply nothing there.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Yes, but it was boring. I originally planned to use Heracross on my team, but I had horrible luck and never got it after many attempts, so I had to use Medicham instead. :(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Honey Trees were like a more annoying and time-comsuming version of headbutt trees. I didn't care for most of the pokémon you could get via this method and I never used it.

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
Years
I liked the whole Honey Tree aspect because of Combee/Vespiquen. I really like Vespiquen so I always made sure to slap some honey on every tree in and around the Floaroma Town/ Valley Windworks area.

And I believe if you save before you check the tree and SR the gender and level of the Pokemon changes which was a handy way to get the female I needed. I'm not sure if the Pokemon changed as well, it's been a long time since I've played through Gen IV Sinnoh.

Years
Honey.. ugh. Not my favorite feature since I was generally quite forgetful and a little bit impatient, so I only gave this a shot a few times. Do remember finding Munchlax once but not being able to catch it. :(

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I spent soooooo much time trying to get Munchlax this way! Although I usually enjoy it when pokemon are are, I felt as though honey trees were a bit too real-life time consuming. If it's something like Feebas tiles, or Lapras at the end of Union Cave, a person can do this at whatever pace they like. When it came to the honey trees, you had to wait 24 hours per tree.

Back