• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first shiny Pokemon?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    A shiny Donphan on Silver! I've long lost the game but it was nice and reddish and one day i'd like to get another one for nostalgia.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Poliwag on Gold, which was really confusing because it was basically the same color. I snagged it though!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Shiny Shinx in Diamond version. It was a random encounter almost at the start of the game, luckily after the point where I could pick up Pokeballs.

Years
  • Oh man I had no clue how cute shiny Wooper was!!

Shiny Whismur for me in Sapphire. I was real excited to find it and trained it up to the 70s or 80s, but eventually restarted the gen IV game I transferred it into since I was desperate for a new file. I mean, guess it's not so bad since Exploud is meh but....my first shinyyy :<

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Golbat in Silver Version's Ice Path. I didn't know that Pokémon besides the Red Gyarados could be Shiny and didn't notice a color difference due to the poor lighting, so I figured the sparkle animation was just my eyes playing tricks on me. I tried to run, but I couldn't. Rather than "Couldn't get away!" I could've sworn it said "You don't want to do that!" I ended up catching it, later noticing the triple-star symbol on its status screen.

I told an older cousin of mine about it later and he taught me what and how rare Shiny Pokémon were, as well as how jealous he was having never found one himself.

I eventually evolved it into a pink Crobat. (I was not a fan of what they did with Crobat's teeth in Pokémon Stadium 2. So freaky!)

Sadly, I think I ended up killing it by corrupting my file with GameShark codes. I would've lost it anyway when my battery ran dry, but still...

Last edited:

KipKap

Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    My first was a Luvdisc in AlphaSapphire XD I was so excited, and for that reason I'm actually quite fond of Luvdisc lmao

Years
  • For me, a female Duskull in Ruby, which I caught as a random encounter at Mt. Pyre.

Not the best shiny, but it's a Ghost-type and they're cool.

MISSINGNOxx1990

Black candles burn, all minds aligned...
    Years
  • Excluding the Red Gyarados in Gold, my only shiny is a Metapod in Pokemon Moon that i evolved to a Butterfree

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    In 2005 on fire red (my first pokemon game), I was 13, I'v encountered a shiny zubat and without know nothing about shinys I'v used a masterball, I was shocked about it
    and the first time that I'v take the pokerus was on pokemon emerald, I'v thought wtf! now all my pokemons will die...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    A Krabby in the original Silver game for the GBC.

I was just grinding in a later cave and bam, there he was, out of nowhere.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • It was a long time ago, so I can't be too sure, but I think my first shiny was a Zubat I found in the Castelia Sewers. It's too bad I lost that save file, otherwise I probably would have trained it!

zubat.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • the very first shiny i ever caught was my yellow flower flabebe on pokemon y.... i was walking through the flower beds.. & then she jumped out at me..a lv 12 flabebe.. i was suprised... i caught her & she's still with me

Back