• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4 in custody after mentally disabled young man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live (Graphic Content)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Full Story

Reddit discussion (use caution - videos and other links present of the crime)

Spoiler: Video description - Graphic
    If you are unfortunate enough to watch this video (I won't be linking it directly), it shows absolute callousness and evil. Most of the video is spent facing one of the perpetrators while her three friends can be heard cursing and yelling at the victim. Several times throughout it, she pans the camera to the victim who is bound and gagged with a noose of some sort around his neck. At one point a male perpetrator comes on screen with a knife, slicing at the victim's sleeves and eventually grabbing his hair and cutting chunks of it off, along with a portion of his scalp which begins bleeding. They then use his wound as an ash tray, repeatedly forcing him to yell through the gag offensive things. The four criminals laugh and smoke and eat chips while taking turns attacking the handicapped young man. At one point, he seems to break free from his bindings and they grab him immediately and ask how he did it. He tells them they didn't tie it tight enough, to which he is lifted up by the noose/his sweater and told to scream, "Fuck Donald Trump".

It's sick that people like this are in the world, but even sicker that they'd kidnap and torture a mentally handicap person. I hope the justice system takes them off the streets for good, and the evidence is certainly present. It'd be sick of anyone to do this for any reason, but especially to a handicapped person.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    That's absolutely abhorrent. No one should torture another human being, even a bad person. Never mind kidnapping someone with a handicap. Beyond disturbing.

Years
  • There's so much evidence here though that there's at least no way that the criminals will be getting away with this. I just hope the victim is able to get access to whatever care and counselling he needs in the aftermath.

Years
  • This is unfortunate is almost every way possible. It really highlights a bunch of problems in the world right now, not the least of which is the danger that disabled people face and the way people use violence for attention/notoriety.

Like, what has to happen to you so that you get to a place where you're okay doing this to another human being? No, really, I'm asking seriously not rhetorically.

The elephant in the room of course is that the attackers were black and the victim white. This is going to be remembered for years as "proof" of "black on white crime" and all kinds of other race-based misconceptions/misinformation.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Thankfully it sounds like they'll be charged with a hate crime, as well as other things, that should keep them locked up for a long time.

Mugshots of the attackers.
    Spoiler:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Thankfully it sounds like they'll be charged with a hate crime, as well as other things, that should keep them locked up for a long time.

Mugshots of the attackers.
    Spoiler:

Some people say it might qualify, not just as a hate crime, but for terrorism because it may be politically motivated. The "fuck Donald Trump" yelling and the fact that they videotaped it indicate that it could be.

Anyone have thoughts that this may be racially motivated?

CurtisS2013

"Nothing is worth doing, unless you give your best
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Personally, I believe our justice system is way too mild...people do bad things because they don't fear the punishment.
    Something like this should be justified with something equally as just.
    "Eye for an eye", I say.

Guest123_x1

Warning: I'm not going to be politically correct or nice in the post below, so if you're easily offended by something that's not pro-social justice warrior, scroll away from this post now.

To say the least, I am so thoroughly angry that a bunch of black supremacists managed to brutally torture a white male, especially someone with a disability. I am also so sick of these SJWs who get so obsessed with blacks getting killed by "racist cops" while not saying a peep when Black Lives Matter agents kill white cops in retaliation.

It also sickens me that some people would try to squirm out of saying that this was "not politically motivated" or that "there's no such thing as racism against whites", or that "only blacks, Hispanics, gays, and Muslims are ever victims of hate crimes". Let's be real, people. These thugs were torturing this disabled white man and saying "**** Trump" and "**** white people" over and over, and laughing at various points while their victim suffered so greatly. It's no wonder I feel race relations in this country are worse than they were 60 years ago.

There's no way around it-this was a hate crime pure and simple-not just because of it being black against white, but also attacking someone with a mental disability. As someone with autism, I am extremely outraged at the attackers' conduct, with no regard for what that victim may have been going through in life before the attack.

If this incident had been a bunch of white men or Trump supporters torturing a black man, the attackers would be swiftly prosecuted for hate crimes no matter what, and get hefty prison sentences as a result.

I am so sick of these criminal black supremacists and their associated "Black Lives Matter" movement, as well as the fact that they have the full backing of the "Messiah in the White House" who is scheduled to finally leave office January 20th.

This is also a case of bullying at the highest possible level-in an era where we're trying to stop bullying in schools. It really bothers me that politicians seem to think all bullying is only of the homophobic kind, and that it only happens in school hallways, classrooms, cafeterias, and playgrounds.

The fact that the black supremacist BLM movement has become such a powerful force in this country since Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown were killed a few years ago, and that they're allowed to get away with such inhumane garbage is why I almost voted straight-ticket GOP in last November's election. Enough is enough!

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Warning: I'm not going to post bait or use this tragic topic to push my political opinion

It's pretty clear that not only the victim has issues. This is what happens when your educational systems fail your youth. It's very obvious that the attackers are all disconnected in the head and lack basic human emotion. They don't represent BLM or any political agenda because they don't represent humanity.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I was planning to share this new after hearing this yesterday. This is truly disgusting, especially when the victim also has a disability.

Years
  • I don't think it's fair to make an association with BLM, when there's virtually no association, apart from the fact that the perpetrators were black. I'm afraid that this will fan the flames of race tensions however, edge the country closer to racial conflict.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I don't think it's fair to make an association with BLM, when there's virtually no association, apart from the fact that the perpetrators were black. I'm afraid that this will fan the flames of race tensions however, edge the country closer to racial conflict.

Is it possible that the BLM movement and media has propagated white racism so much to the extent that it is causing major division in the US between blacks people and white people?

There is no evidence for that to be a factor in this case because we dont know what kind of media the perpetrators have consumed, what they have learned through their teachers, what kind of home life they had, etc, so it is merely a conjecture. However, I think this incident paves the way to a larger discussion about division in the US, and to some from what I have gathered, they are beginning to think this incident is a microcosm of potentially more incidents similar to this in the future. Whether this is a justified argument, I do not know.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I don't think it's fair to make an association with BLM, when there's virtually no association, apart from the fact that the perpetrators were black. I'm afraid that this will fan the flames of race tensions however, edge the country closer to racial conflict.

Pretty much. The only way this abhorrent crime has been connected to BLM is, well, through the #MAGA hive on Twitter grasping at poorly thought out straws. Unless some unfortunate information is dug up in the future, there is no link to BLM in any way.

Guest123_x1

Even if there is no BLM connection to this attack, I'm sure a thorough investigation (if there is going to be one) into the perpetrators' history/backgrounds will more than likely reveal the true motive and intentions behind this incredibly heinous hate crime.

Reactions: 0
    Years
  • I'm still really fixated on why they thought to document their attack. Was it just out of habit? Like, record whatever you do because that's what you do. Did they think they needed to prove something to someone or to everyone? Like, "we're not afraid" or something. Were they trying to get others to follow along?

I am curious to know about their backgrounds inasmuch as what they were exposed to. Media, of course, but were they surrounded by crime and violence? I've been reading up on the lead problems in the country and a part of me wonders if they had too much exposure to it or other pollutants. (We know that lead does cause an uptick in violence and that minorities and poor people are much more likely to be relegated to neighborhoods and towns build on or near industrial sites where pollutants are more likely to be present.)

Is it possible that the BLM movement and media has propagated white racism so much to the extent that it is causing major division in the US between blacks people and white people?

Maybe, but if it is I think it's more to do with the way white people are reacting to seeing instances of BLM being covered on various media outlets. I wouldn't think that the media covering BLM would change many black people's perceptions of race relations. I mean, I'm not black myself, but from everything I've heard and read from black people who have commented on BLM and related issues publicly, black people are well aware of how race relations are going on in the county because they live it every day.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    black lives matter by definition means "black people have a significance and mean something in this world". that has 0 correlation to acts of terror seen in this tragedy. this is essentially blaming every crime committed by a black person on a white person on a "supremacist" movement which is what blm is trying to move away from in the first place.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    Even if there is no BLM connection to this attack, I'm sure a thorough investigation (if there is going to be one) into the perpetrators' history/backgrounds will more than likely reveal the true motive and intentions behind this incredibly heinous hate crime.

Are you calling it a hate crime because you're working under this weird guilty until proven innocent mindset regarding race here, because as it stands it doesn't seem to have had anything to do with race as much as the man's disability.

As abhorrent as this is, and as abhorrent as these people are, reaching around backwards to pretend this is about reverse racism or something (And, really, for what possible reason would the guy's ethnicity have been related more than his disability) rather than the torture of a disabled man for the pleasure of some pretty sick people.

My problem with the "it's a race thing" narrative is how much it's trying to detract from the mistreatment of someone with a disability just as much as it's a fairly racist accusation in the first place

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I mean...they were screaming, "Fuck white people. Fuck Donald Trump." Clearly they have an issue with white people and this kid, despite his disability, is also white. They also repeatedly made him scream these things as well as "I love black people".

But his disability is entirely more important than race in this instance, since he believed one of his kidnappers was a friend and was intentionally lured into torture and mistreatment.

Also "reverse racism" is just racism. Just call it racism.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Some people say it might qualify, not just as a hate crime, but for terrorism because it may be politically motivated. The "**** Donald Trump" yelling and the fact that they videotaped it indicate that it could be.

Anyone have thoughts that this may be racially motivated?

I think there was absolutely an element of racial discrimination, although above all I think this was ableism. They knew him, they lured him out and they took advantage of his handicap. If it was purely motivated by race i think they'd of targeted a random white person.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    I mean...they were screaming, "**** white people. **** Donald Trump." Clearly they have an issue with white people and this kid, despite his disability, is also white. They also repeatedly made him scream these things as well as "I love black people".

The thing is, I don't really see that as much of an anti-white sentiment as much as a humiliation thing for the man involved, "**** white people" isn't really the same sort of thing as if another ethnicity was swapped out

Also "reverse racism" is just racism. Just call it racism.

Oh, I know, I should've made it clearer that I wasn't using it seriously

Back