• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you care about other people?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think I do. I hope I do. I certainly feel sympathy when somebody seems to feel down or in trouble, and I like to make people happy. But I'm afraid I'm probably insensitive and careless in many situations; I just don't think enough before I do or say things always );

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I care too easily. I don't like seeing someone feeling bad or having trouble, even if I don't know this person. Sometime there is not much you can do sadly, or meet a person who take advantage of this and you end up hurting yourself so yeah, I try to be careful in this field.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 17, 2019
i care about the well being of others and my social anxiety makes me care about their opinions
i care about people who try to quietly voice their opinions but no one is listening to them, i try to give them the attention they deserve so they don't feel bad about themselves
if that makes sense

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
Years
My caring gets me into so much trouble. I'm definitely the kind of person who will go out in the middle of the night when I got work that day to go help a friend and really has effected my life on several occasions. I've stayed out chatting with random strangers because they looked sad and/or given people my last tenner. And I really need to cut back on that because it hurts me sometimes. I want to give well more than I have and often I've got no one when I'm in similar situations.

Recently I've been having a bad time in life however and received so much help and support that I'm overwhelmed at times however so its not all bad.

I hate giving beggers money if they confront me. I find it highly intimidating and if someone approaches me they've lost the right for help in my eyes as its threatening. However its VERY important to remember that people with substance abuse problems can be in medical DANGER if they were to stop their substance. Alcohol withdrawals for example will kill a person and that's not the only one. I don't worry about what strangers will spend their money on because once I give them money I've lost the right to say what can be done with it, and honestly if they need it its none of my business what they do when they get it.

I don't mind friends approaching me for help however, just strangers.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I dont want most people to die, but aside from death or things liek that not really.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
The short and uncomplicated answer to this is no.

I don't see why I should care about people who I know don't care about me; I don't owe people anything. I treat people with basic respect and courtesy - which is still far more than I get from some people - but I'm not going to waste any sentiment on other people. Civility is the extent to which my caring goes these days. I should think that would be sufficient, really.

Although I do care about someone, I'll admit. There is always going to be an exception to the rule.

You're free to act as you please, though you don't own them anything, caring about people isn't about owing anything, it's suppose to be a selfless thing.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I'm very selective about who I choose to care about. Being too caring got me stuck with a sociopath, who spent the year manipulating and verbally ripping me up.

I never want to run into someone like him again, so I've kept myself more distant with people. I still care about people, but I'm just more choosy about it.

People with disabilities are my favorite though. I try getting volunteer time at the local Special Olympics every year. I've met lots of nice people with mental disabilities and I like befriending them.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I care a lot about other people, sometimes maybe too much. I find myself struggling when I have to say no to someone, especially if it's a friend or relative.

TY

I care about my friends, relatives and genrally everyone i talk to on a regular basis.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I do, and I sometimes find it hard when I'm the only one out of a group that does care for some stranger we've seen. I often find myself wanting to help people, even if it means I spend hours of my time on it.

I used to give to beggars, too, but after I got verbally harrassed by one of the people I gave money to, I actively refuse to do so now. More out of my own safety than lack of interest.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
i care about my friends and family (well... most of my family anyway. there are a lot of assholes in mine). strangers? not so much. i tend to not stick my nose into other people's problems if i don't know them, and i hate when someone i've barely met just starts talking about all their issues with me. i can understand if they're lonely, but jesus christ. it's a little overbearing.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I don't think there is anyone I care about, really. I just live my life for my own sake, and avoid letting other people complicate it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
um yeah. To everyone who says no; i hope it's because you feel jaded because the world has let you down. You will get satisfaction from helping people who are struggling. They are like you; and you will feel better from helping them. Shutting yourself off from the world will not help.

To everyone who says they are a doormat. You're not a doormat. You're a nice person. Other people are calling you a doormat because your kindess is making them feel bad about their own selfishness. Don't change.

Last edited:
Back