• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I would do anything to taste it one more time....

Years
As we grow older, sometimes our favorite snack, drink, restaurant, or even food is pulled from the shelves or closed down, never to be seen again.

So I have to ask, is there something, be it be it a restaurant, a snack, a drink, or meal that has been cancelled or closed that you would do anything to have one last time?

For me it has to be Don Pablos Chinichanga. The Tex Mex restaurant closed over a year ago but I haven't had it in two years, and I still cannot imagine that I will never eat it again.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Boston Pizza (a Canadian restaurant chain, puzzlingly enough) used to have the most delicious southwest potato skins appetizer. Like, legit, my roommates and I would go there almost once a week just to have these potato skins because they were just so good. We tried similar dishes at other places, eve tried making it ourselves, but nothing compared.

And then they just... took it off the menu. :'( They replaced that appetizer with this flatbread that had similar flavours (including potatoes as a topping), but it was missing a sauce or something from the original dish. I can't remember now, but it just wasn't the same and it wasn't even a fraction as good. Eventually they removed even that from the menu. That was a couple years ago, I think, and I haven't been back since because there's no reason to go.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Raspberry Fluff. Sadly, it's a Maine thing... but I would give anything to have it one last time. ;o; The same brand that makes it also does regular marshmallow fluff as well. A grocer here in Gold Canyon sold the original, but they don't know since it probably didn't sell well enough. I used to love fluffer nutter sandwiches, but they seem to be a non-existent thing here in Arizona. D:

414pf74ZihL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
When I went to Osaka, Japan in 2016, there was this very small obscure stand in Dotonbori that was far away from most of the crowds. They sold a stick with three thin pieces of kobe beef on it, and it was seriously delicious. It melted in my mouth. I went back to Dotonbori in October, but after wandering around for hours I couldn't find the same guy.

After that first taste of kobe beef, I ate tons of kobe beef around Japan, but none of it really tasted the same.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
Back around 2000-01 there was an Italian company making these Pokémon-themed snacks (sponge cake covered in milk chocolate with a piece of white chocolate on it) which if they were a thing today I'd never ever touch them but for 4-year-old me (and, apparently, many other people who were kids back then) they were amazing and even just seeing their packaging reminds me of those days:
iu

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I know they get a negative reputation, but I really enjoyed school lunches sometimes. I would get excited when I checked the menu in the morning and it had my favorite things. The lunches weren't very popular at my high-school so sometimes I was allowed to go back and get seconds.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Would love to see if Planters P.B. Crisp are as good as I remember them being.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The mango I was randomly given on an extremely hungover day at work back in 2014. Nothing has ever tasted as amazing as that did then.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
i used to find these really good frozen burritos at costco a couple years ago. they were literally the best tasting frozen meals i've had. haven't been able to find them in the recent costcos and bj's i've been to. i have yet to check out sam's club though.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Macarons.
Not as if I can't have them anymore or anything, but I have them only like three times a year, which is not enough

Years
Maybe not anything, but there are a few soda flavors that used to be around that I would probably jump upon if they were to ever show up again. Mostly thinking about ones like holiday spice pepsi and mello yello melon. Especially the melon, I actually liked that one.

milcute

a sweet melody~
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
In the mid-2000's there was this candy bar called Wazoo. I only found it a few times, all at Walmart, and each time I found it, there weren't that many in stock. They were so interesting, because they had a texture similar to a chocolate bar, but were entirely fruit flavored. It was so weird, the way it played tricks on your brain. I guess I was the only one who liked that texture/taste dissonance, though, because they've long since been out of production. God what I wouldn't give for just one more Wazoo bar.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I can't even remember what they were called but they were these foamy fruit sweets that were literally unrivalled

Back