• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite movie?

Years
  • does Destiny Deoxys count? i think it was the only one i ever watched because it aired on Cartoon Network one night so i was just like, "aight looks like i'm watchin this". can't remember much of it, aside from there being a blue haired dude with his Spheal and they could talk to Pokemon or something? i was hooked back then at least.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Probably the one with latios and latias

On a seperate note, the deoxys one kind of freaked me out as a kid

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    The Rise of Darkrai, followed by 2000 and then the original film. After that, it gets difficult to choose.

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Horse Rider/Team Rocket/Plasma Member/Ultra Guardi
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    My favorite movies are: Pokémon Movies during the XY series, Diamond and Pearl series and my all time favorite are Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You!, Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us and Pokémon the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I know it's kinda lame but I gotta go with the first movie. It's a classic!

Years
  • mewtwo strikes back, 2000, and Pokemon 4ever !! thanks everyone for the recommendations above, now I'm gonna go watch HEROES I never knew this was such a popular movie!!!

Years
  • My all-time favorite is the Rise of Darkrai. I love the mystery around what's happening in Alamos town with people not being able to leave, and the hallucinations the characters are having. I think they did a good job of making the movie feel like you're inside of a dream. It was a creative way to tell a story involving Darkrai, the Pokemon that makes you have nightmares. It's quite surreal in the first half, and visually things get even more fantastical at the climax of the movie during the great legendary Pokemon battle. I also really like the design of the space time towers, and love how they took inspiration from the architect Gaudi for the character Godey. Who says Pokemon is just for kids? Some of it's really sophisticated actually. I think also Godey and his relationship with Alicia might be inspired by Lewis Carroll and Alice Liddell, that's just my theory though.

My favorite part of the movie is without a doubt Oracion. The music is so beautiful, and think the full orchestra version at the end is the most incredible track I have ever heard in the franchise. It just gives me chills, especially when all the light and clockwork starts coming our if the tower. I will stop and repeat it sometimes because of how uplifting it is spiritually. I just feel entranced.

I think this movie shows off the mythology of the Sinnoh region really well, and the events also connect nicely to storyline in future movies, namely Arceus and the Jewel of life.

There are many Pokemon movies that I adore especially from the Advanced and Diamond and Pearl era, but Rise of Darkrai is easily my favorite.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • This might sound boring, but I'm going to have to say the first three for these reasons:

Mewtwo Strikes Back: I loved how dark and emotional it was and Mewtwo's message about the circumstances of ones birth being irrelevant was pretty deep. The soundtrack was excellent too - I still have the CD and play from time to time.
    The Power Of One: A great fast paced summer blockbuster and again, a great soundtrack. Donna Summer's "The Power Of One" in the credits is so relaxing. RIP.
    Spell of the Unown: Delia Ketchum taking centre stage was a great idea and I felt they really developed her character here.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • This is a easy one! Pokemon the first movie! Vhs tape dayz...
    I watched the 3rd pokemon movie in theaters
    Never got to watched pkmn 2000
    I did owned pokemon 4ever on dvd! I like that one too, after that I haven't watching any pkmn movies so i got a lot catch up

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2021
    Mewtwo Strikes Back (the first movie). Why? Because it was really awesome at that time 😁

Years
  • Hard to top the Lucario movie - great plot, cool cast, love the lore/backstory, and it gets pretty emotional at points too. I rewatched it a lot! Another one I love is the Spell of the Unown movie.. it's such a unique concept and I adored Entei. ;_; Plus Molly was cute, honestly anything with Unown focus is great (even if it's not much).

Years
  • The first three movies and the Sinnoh trilogy. Some of the most compelling characters and best writing in the franchise. I've often said that the TV anime would be a whole different beast if it had been written with the same quality as those six movies.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • From all the movies I'd have to pick the 1st movie Mewtwo Strikes back, forever a classic, love a lot of the following ones just think the 1st one is so hard to top.
    Just considering the recent movies I'll pick the power of us.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Mewtwo Strikes Back is definitely out there. Next would probably be Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Wowzas

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    1. The Rise of Darkrai: currently my favorite movie of all, great story line, perfect music score, and the unforgettable cry from Palkia (cannot wait to hear it again from the special space-time episodes in the anime).

2. Pokemon The Power of One: I actually watched this movie first before Mewtwo one so it will always has a special place in my heart.

3. Pokemon I Choose You: the movie itself was okay but the childhood memories it brings to me are priceless.

4. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew: has the best opening in pokemon movie history in my opinion.

Back