• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reoccurring Dreams

Years
    • Seen today
    Curious to know how common it is. I seem to only have three dreams and never anything new.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would estimate 50% of my dreams involve visiting a theme park or water park. They aren't anything special.

Another being that I get lost in a hospital or other form of medical office. Sometimes stepping into an elevator and I'll exit into a corridor of elevators. I don't recall these dreams starting until I was working at a hotel as a housekeeper. Not really fond of these dreams.

Last is a bit more personable, but being back at school and shots ring out. Either involve me escaping, getting pulled from a hiding spot, actually getting killed. These stopped happening as much. Came to live with acceptance of them instead of fear. The decrease was drastic.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I more have reoccurring themes/people/areas than whole dreams themselves. I dream about my mom a lot. I also dream about one of my ex-partners quite often as well and I'm not sure why because we haven't spoken in 10+ years. Maybe because things ended poorly? Most concerning, I have dreams about getting high. They're so vivid in that I actually experience the euphoria of getting high again. It's pretty unnerving and I always wake up a bit shaken from those. :(

I did briefly have a stint of the same dream occurring night after night after night though. For about a month I dreamt that I was in the car with my dad and he was drunk. On a particular section of road he would careen off to the left and drive us straight into a lake. I'd always drown.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • My most reccouring dreams are going back to school. Sometimes it's in the form of either back in high school or college and anxious that I'm late for class/an assignment. Sometimes it's me already graduating college but then oh I need to enroll again and retake some classes. Probably a way to tell me to go back to school? Anxiety from school still haunting me to this day? Who knows lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2022
    Another being that I get lost in a hospital or other form of medical office. Sometimes stepping into an elevator and I'll exit into a corridor of elevators. I don't recall these dreams starting until I was working at a hotel as a housekeeper. Not really fond of these dreams.

I used to have one dream in particular about going to lunch and coming back to find my workplace had moved and nobody told me (I work at a hospital). Then my senior would ask me why I was late coming back from lunch. To be fair, the building is a maze and I did get lost on my way to my interview.

I also used to have a lot of dreams involving responding to equipment beeps, and I'm occasionally have dreams revolving around specific problems I've come across. Which tend to repeat themselves even if the problem was something I only came across years ago. Or even things I've never actually come across at all—my brain likes to invent weird dilemmas.

I occasionally have a set of recurring dreams that are continuations of other recurring dreams. I'll know in the dream that it's something that happened before or that it's a "redo" or that it's a continuation, and that sense sticks with me even after waking up, which is weird. I can't even describe some of them well, the situations are so specific and fantastical and nothing I've ever come across in real life. Trying to turn the lights on in a house made of clay. Something involving tornadoes and standing in a gym. Another involving coworkers who disappear and reappear in a mall-type place that is actually inside a house—which has been the setting for more than one dream, all in series. Sometimes I know that time has passed, and the sense of continuation is what I find really strange, because in the dream I'll remember details of the previous dreams, even when I don't actually remember them in real life. But I know that I remembered, and what I remembered, when waking up. It's a weird phenomenon.

Years
  • Dunno how common it is to have reoccurring dreams. I personally never had that. Every single one's different every time lol

Years
  • The most common one I can remember are school dreams. In these I'm back at school (usually uni) and it's nearing the end of the semester. I then realize I was signed up for a class that I completely forgot to go to, and how I'm probably going to get a failing grade which will ruin my overall uni score. Most of the time I go to the class last minute when I realize I never did and hope I won't fail. Around then is when I wake up or forget what happens.

It doesn't sound too awful (partially because I just can't word it well) but these are easily the most stressful dreams I ever have. I cannot stand the thought of failing and how much it would ruin my entire GPA, and make me unable to graduate or something.

Years
    • Seen today
    I more have reoccurring themes/people/areas than whole dreams themselves. I dream about my mom a lot. I also dream about one of my ex-partners quite often as well and I'm not sure why because we haven't spoken in 10+ years. Maybe because things ended poorly? Most concerning, I have dreams about getting high. They're so vivid in that I actually experience the euphoria of getting high again. It's pretty unnerving and I always wake up a bit shaken from those. :(

I did briefly have a stint of the same dream occurring night after night after night though. For about a month I dreamt that I was in the car with my dad and he was drunk. On a particular section of road he would careen off to the left and drive us straight into a lake. I'd always drown.

Reminds me that I dream of my dad occasionally. I was young when he passed and awake my memory is a blur, but in these dreams he's so vivid.

My mother has had the exact same dream about him. My uncle has had the exact same dream about him too.

Usually involves him being in a sort of angelic ghostly form, watching us sleep. It's never scared me.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Experienced recurring dreams within the same night. Occurs most often with dreams involving dying. Subconsciously recognizes this, though. Deviates halfway through to try to change it. Tends to not succeed. Happens fairly infrequently, however.

Deals with recurring themes otherwise: being late, levitation/limited flight powers, and magical abilities that fail. Branched away from these somewhat in recent days. Remembers relatively few dreams recently, admittedly.

Years
  • Reminds me that I dream of my dad occasionally. I was young when he passed and awake my memory is a blur, but in these dreams he's so vivid.

My mother has had the exact same dream about him. My uncle has had the exact same dream about him too.

Usually involves him being in a sort of angelic ghostly form, watching us sleep. It's never scared me.

I haven't had these and not sure I'd be able to handle it mentally if I did. My grandparents on mom's side pretty much raised me when I was a kid and have since both passed away, having them show in recurring, vivid dreams like that would be....really tough. ><

Years
    • Seen today
    I haven't had these and not sure I'd be able to handle it mentally if I did. My grandparents on mom's side pretty much raised me when I was a kid and have since both passed away, having them show in recurring, vivid dreams like that would be....really tough. ><

I dreamed that my grandmother was in a similar angelic form. I didn't know until I woke up the next morning, but she passed away the night of that dream. I had just came back from visiting her in the hospital and fell asleep on the couch at home.

As strange as it sounds, these dreams have never bothered me. It's kind of like getting the chance to see loved ones again. There have been moments I wake up from them feeling total piece.

Years
  • I dreamed that my grandmother was in a similar angelic form. I didn't know until I woke up the next morning, but she passed away the night of that dream. I had just came back from visiting her in the hospital and fell asleep on the couch at home.

As strange as it sounds, these dreams have never bothered me. It's kind of like getting the chance to see loved ones again. There have been moments I wake up from them feeling total piece.

I totally get it! Seeing loved ones again, even in that way, can be really wonderful for some people. I just feel some guilt thinking about my deceased grandparents since we moved to another country and they passed away back home/apart from us, while wishing we could have been there in their final moments. It's really hard. :(

Oh, I remembered I also have a lot of dreams that involve falling into nothingness. Which is pretty common I imagine, but god is it terrifying.

Years
  • I always dream about my step father, because he died.
    Other than that, not really? A lot of my dreams are just weird.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I frequently have dreams about college where it's toward the end of the semester and I have classes that I have "forgotten" to take for months and I freak out because it's too late to drop and I frantically try to find someway to save it.

I had one of those dreams last night, in fact. D: I think this could perhaps be some kind of trauma from things that happened in the past.

I also sometimes have them about band, though. They're similar. Last night while my dream was about multiple classes, it also encompassed band. Except it felt like it had been many years since I had been there and I for some reason felt like I could just pop back up. I've also had dreams like that where I return to the university I graduated from's wind ensemble here years later. lol. It's not too hard to parse out the reason for that, either. Due to various reasons I have not been able to play music for several years now. This was after nearly two decades solid of music ensembles of some sort (band or orchestra) for every Fall and Spring semester. My brain doesn't like not being in ensembles anymore, and neither do I. =(

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • I don't have re-occuring dreams often, but there was a series of night last year when I almost everyday dreamt about losing friends, or losing a loved one, in one way or the other. It was horrible and I hated going back to sleep.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I had two re-ocurring dreams:

- In one, I was at a submarine with some people (I forgot who they were), because the city was flooded. Then, we were magically transported to an indoors pool, where the other people were just there having fun in the pool, and I was at a corner part of the pool, where it had this wooden part, where was a bald man, in a yellow toga, who was telling me some random things. Then I asked, "What?" But he interrupted me, saying something like "Shh! Tomo Sali Meli-Meli Korotila Mele-Mela!" I asked him what was that, and then ANOTHER bald man in a yellow toga came in a mini train, saying "You don't know what is Tomo Sali Meli-Meli Korotila Mele-Mela?!" And then the dream just ended.

- The other Dream, I was with a friend (forgot who he was) trying to get a spell book from a school, and we got the book, but the teachers could not find out that it was with us. We got into this tower-house, practicing the spells, and then we left to get stuff for the spells (I remember that to cast a levitation spell, you needed a feather). So we went to a museum, where I guess it was where the magic supplies were, and it was nighttime. And I KID YOU NOT, out of nowhere, JESUS APPEARED, saying that he "Needed our help to protect the world". And that was where the dream ended.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pokemon plushies that probably don't exist irl appear in my dreams a lot? As does some social media... and despite being 25 I have goddamn High School dreams still.

I'm waiting for my brain to graduate out of those kinds of dreams, but it never does.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Between the ages of 3 and 5 I had a reoccurring dream where I wore a tutu and did ballet on the top of a skyscraper. Each time I tripped and fell. The first time I had the dream I fell into a void, the second time there was a news crew surrounding the building.

I was obsessed with Majora's Mask. I looked up the game once and found the creepy pasta featuring the creepy Link statue. For nearly 5 years I would have nightmares featuring it every time I played the game. Sometimes the statue would pop in front of me, other times it would follow me around. As I got older the nightmares went away, but to this day I still have dreams whenever I play Majora's Mask. They usually have the game's infamous timer ticking away the little time I had remaining. Despite that they're never scary anymore. They're just fast paced since I know I have a finite amount of time before the moon falls.

Back