• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite middle stage starter

Years
  • There are often a lot of discussions on favorite starters in the fanbase, where people usually mention either the first or final forms. So let's give the mid stages some love! Which are your favorites?

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
    Years
  • My top three:

20101218003730%21502Dewott.png

20091223030852%21008Wartortle.png

20091223030759%21005Charmeleon.png

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Prinplup, Braixen, Torracat and Dartrix.

Piplup will always be my favorite starter even though I hardly ever use water types.

Years
  • Bayleef and Dewott, followed by Torracat. Mid stages are usually my least favourites, but those are great. And Bayleef and Dewott are the only cases in which the mid stage is my favourite form of their line.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • As the resisident Treecko stan mine is obviously Grovyle, but Quilava, Ivysaur, Servine , and Frogadier are in my top 5.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Ngl, haven't given this a whole lot of thought but if I had to choose a handful I would pick Grovyle, Croconaw, and Frogadier as my favourites.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Grovyle and Dartrix are my favorites. I guess that's also because I really love their evolutionary lines in general.

I like Marshtomp, Dewott, and Drizzile too.

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • Dewott is an easy choice, Torracat is also hella cute and idk I have a soft spot for Thwackey :3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Not only is Wartortle my favorite mid-stage Starter, but I currently consider it my favorite Pokémon overall! Quilava is also very cool/cute.

Years
  • Wartortle is easily my #1 <3 happy to see others vote it highly too! also Ivysaur. Not the biggest fan of the Kanto final starter evolutions, but those two mid stages are great.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Wartortle. Most middle stage starters look a little off to me, but Wartortle is actually alright.

Years
  • there's never been a single middle stage starter that i didn't wanna evolve. Quilava perhaps could be the closest bet to that? but Typhlosion's really grown on me over the years so eh.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • So difficult to pick one, but I've rocked a Croconaw, Braixen, and Torracat on my in-game teams because I didn't want to evolve them. I also prefer Wartotle's design over Blastoise because of the fluffy tail.

Back