• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Crossing

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Tom Nook's not that bad :P

Somehow in the midst of all other exciting games of heroes, space adventures, saving the world etc, this charming little laid-back franchise has earned a spot in many people's hearts. I don't know what it is, but it's absolutely addicting whenever I start an Animal Crossing game, and I am really hoping a new one will be coming soon - it's been a whole 6 years since New Leaf was released!

Which AC game is your favourite to date?
Are you playing/did you play the mobile game? What did you think of it?
Favourite villager(s)?​

Don't have to answer the above questions, but just in case you need a starting point - feel free to chat about the games, share your designs/screenshots, etc. :)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I used to be absurdly addicted to Wild World, and New Leaf had quite a long lifespan, too! Wouldn't let a single day pass unchecked. :D

Although I've been neglecting both games for some time now. :< Too scared all my villagers have left, and there will be weeds everywhere, ahaha.

Speaking of which, my top favourite villagers have to be the ones listed below! But there are so many others!

tumblr_inline_o2cgxstYeP1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgxwTle41qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cghlavKw1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgfvDxVj1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgftTfS41qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgfuUvqq1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgvvfGyY1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgehzJyR1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgeg7E7Z1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgedBnSv1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgt3YwVK1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgsynCqI1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgsxLkzS1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgq3m5ZK1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgptiUaZ1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgn4sT0g1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgn7vqwl1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgj2kA3H1qzb5w4_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_o2cgh4qKyz1qzb5w4_75sq.gif

I'd love to share screenshots ? they hold a ton of good memories! ? but I can't access them. :'( One of my favourites was of Deena. Because I knew Normal villagers sometimes followed their greeting with "what's going on?", I just had to make her begin it with "HEYAYAYAYAY". Well, you know the rest. xD

Last edited:
Years
I'd say the GameCube version of Animal Crossing is my favorite, but Wild World and New Leaf were both p good.

The different personalities in the GameCube version felt more dynamic re: dialogue & mannerisms. Nowadays, it just feels like a lot of them are too...nice. GC had some rude ass villagers haha.

As far as GamePlay is concerned, I do think that New Leaf was a step in the right direction. Being the mayor & having more control over the town just makes sense, and I hope this is continued in the eventual Switch version. [Hopefully we can have some say as far as where villagers place their houses haha]

I played the mobile game for a bit. I got up to level 40 or so..and just got burned out. I really stopped right before they introduced gardening. I feel like I've missed too many limited events/etc to try to get back into it at this point. I really hope we get a full version on the Switch soon.

My favorite Villagers? Oh, geez. I loved Jacques, Blaire, Portia, Marina, Mitzi, Cookie, and Bob.
My least favorite villager is probably Paula. She just looks weird too me.

I stopped playing AC a while back, but restarted when the Amiibo Expansion came out. Now this post has made me think about opening up my town.

Let's see what happens.

Years
I have New Leaf and Pocket Camp. Love them both. PC is a good game but the fortune cookies thing is a put off for some. I just enjoy it for what it is.

My favourite villager is Cherry.

I collect the amiibo cards, I have finished series 5, got all promos and the 6 Sanrio cards too. Probably about halfway through series 1-4 now.

I did try out some of the other games on emulator but didn't get too far. Wild World showed the meaner side to them which is missing from NL and PC.

I really hope they make a Switch version. They could add so much stuff now, bits and pieces from every game.

So yeah, love Animal Crossing!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Although I've been neglecting both games for some time now. :< Too scared all my villagers have left, and there will be weeds everywhere, ahaha.
Same LOL I always dread opening the game after I've been gone a while, ugh
I used to cheat a little bit occasionally if I've fallen behind, and just mess with the system clock so that it seems like no time has passed :P

I had Ankha in my latest village, I liked the style of her home a lot but eventually she started filling it with random crap, lol.
[Hopefully we can have some say as far as where villagers place their houses haha]
YES PLEASE, I was really picky about where my villagers' houses were - I would keep plot-resetting to get them where I wanted, and that was such a pain
I really hope they make a Switch version. They could add so much stuff now, bits and pieces from every game.
Me too, fingers crossed we get some good news when the Direct airs. I didn't even know there was an Animal Crossing x Sanrio thing! Looked it up just now - the furniture is so cute omg

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'd spend so many hours resetting in order to get the ideal plot location! x__x Thank goodness I never bought the manhole cover, ahaha. So yeah, we definitely need an option to place them manually, and I'd also like to build things closer together!

LOL, Ankha completely ruined her house in my file as well. xD She even gave me her throne for free, haha. But if I ever wanted to fix a villager's house, I'd put up furniture in the flea market and force them to buy it. ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I've also found I'm really partial to the food-themed villagers and stuff in Animal Crossing - Merengue and her furniture are probably my favourites, and Tia is really cute.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Animal Crossing is cute :3 I've always liked collecting/making clothes on those games ^_^

The animals can be interesting to talk to as well. They kinda say the same stuff after awhile, but still, d'awww. So sweet~

I wonder if i'll get to play any of the newer titles one day? XD I only have the gamecube one and wild world. I like them, though :3 Wild World I remember around febuary this year i got super into that one xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Animal Crossing is cute :3 I've always liked collecting/making clothes on those games ^_^

The animals can be interesting to talk to as well. They kinda say the same stuff after awhile, but still, d'awww. So sweet~

I wonder if i'll get to play any of the newer titles one day? XD I only have the gamecube one and wild world. I like them, though :3 Wild World I remember around febuary this year i got super into that one xD
They do get pretty repetitive, but it's amusing giving them different weird catchphrases just to mess with them a little, haha.

And I hope you do play the newer titles! If you like designing stuff New Leaf is lots of fun, you can design your town and make different tiles to play on the floor, etc.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I played ACNL and some pocket camp, although I dropped that after a while. Got too grindy for little new reward for my liking, and stuff/villagers I liked took too long to come around.

Years
I adore this game. I used to spend hours on end playing Wild World. New Leaf is objectively a better game but my initial nostalgia will always lie with Wild World. My favourite villager is Deena, she's just so nice.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I adore this game. I used to spend hours on end playing Wild World. New Leaf is objectively a better game but my initial nostalgia will always lie with Wild World. My favourite villager is Deena, she's just so nice.

My most disliked thing about Wild World was how it forced every player to share a house.

Years
animal crossing is amaaazing
I'm anxiously awaiting an announcement on AC for Switch ; ; My first title in the series was Wild World, and I loved it a lot even though it now freezes and won't let me get further than the title screen or introduction depending on its mood! lol

Pocket Camp was fun. I miss it sometimes, but ultimately I ended up deleting it from my phone a month or two ago since too many collectibles were being limited to Leaf Ticket purchases. Of course it's a free game and they absolutely do need money, but I wasn't a fan as a collector to see it go from you being able to obtain all event items through hard work to needing to buy tickets every event to obtain all items. Maybe I'll return to it eventually.

willow best villager

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Re: Pocket Camp, it was a bit too restrictive and repetitive for me (even by AC standards, lol) - the events that I played were mostly more of the same, and I really missed the more creative features like designing clothes/tiles, and actually getting to play with your friends and run around town together.

bUT OMG ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH CONFIRMED
It'll be a long ways away, but HYPE
I wish we got to see something too, but I was just glad to see the announcement at all after that hard bait at the end, haha.

Years
that bait was so ridiculous! and a literal roller coaster of emotions!

I'm feeling optimistic though. At least it seems we're going to continue being the mayor? (Maybe?)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm not sure if that was just part of Isabelle's announcement, but I'm optimistic either way! The main series games are generally pretty solid.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
I love this game series so much, just so much. It's gotten me through some rough times in my life, and it's just a comfy thing to do and relax doing. :)

Oof, this is tough. I absolutely love the GC's villager personalities but New Leaf is the best so far. Can't wait for the Switch one.

Of course! It's fun to jump in every day for about 20 minutes and jump out but I don't really like the resource aspect, although it's really fun!

Favourite villager(s)?

Tank is my fave! kerPOW!
latest

But I've been having another fave as well, Skye!
blue_wolf_skye__redraw__by_inukibi-dbq9frt.png

Years
Not gonna lie, I went absolutely nuts while watching the Nintendo Direct stream yesterday, and the bait and switch of showing Isabelle in Smash before bringing up the new game nearly killed me. I know it probably won't be out until the end of next year or so, but I'm almost ready to throw all my money at the game without knowing anything more than the fact that it exists.

New Leaf is actually the only main series game I owned, so it jumps to #1 for me. I've been on the hunt for Wild World over the past few months though, and as soon as I see it pop up, I'm going to snag it, even if it's a step back from some of the technology of New Leaf.

The fact that we knew about the mobile game nearly a year and a half before it came out killed me, and maybe it's because I had such high expectations for it, that when it finally came out, I was completely underwhelmed. Maybe I was hoping for too much out of a free to play game, but I had already stopped playing it before it was even released worldwide (I actually went out of my way to get an Australian iTunes account to download it a month before everyone else, haha).

Favourite villager(s)?
Maple will always be my #1. The list of other villagers I love could go on forever, but just off the top of my head, there's Whitney, Skye, Wolfgang, Ruby, Carmen, Pashmina, Freya, Amelia, Cherry, Goldie, Pekoe, Erik, Lucha, and probably 20 others if I were to look at the whole list.

Years
As someone who hasn't played since... a bit of WW? I'm honestly excited! Here I thoguht Animal Crossing Switch was never going to be a thing. Thank goodness Nintendo delivered!

Next year is a long time away, though. Ah well.

Back