• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use a diary?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    been thinking about this, chronicling my life could be helpful one day when I get dementia or something

Years
  • there have been several points in my life where i've tried, but i feel like I could never really successfully keep up with any sort of diary because most of my day-to-day life isn't eventful enough to go on a written monologue about it. in fact, most of it plays out the same every day so nowadays it'd be useless for me to keep a dairy, it seems. :c

Years
  • I use a diary to write down the dreams I had from last night. I do not get dreams often but when I do, I write it down and I have been using the same diary for 16 years. Looking at my diary now, I noticed I don't have many pages left to write on.

Last edited:

BlueRose04

Running towards Happiness!!!
    Years
  • Writing a diary is so helpful!
    When I get frustrated about things and I just want to talk to someone, but can't, I write it down

Writing a diary could just be about the small things that made you happy or maybe significant happenings in your life. You don't have to make an entry everyday... it's up to you! :-)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I used to sometimes write down dreams, or I would occasionally keep a diary when I was going through rough times. That was mostly just to document so that if I looked back I could see how I was improving, but really I feel most of the time I don't have any reason to keep one, so it was sporadic when I tried.

If I have anything worthy of writing in a diary, I just as soon tell someone about it, be it good or bad, rather than keeping it to myself and writing it? Like, if I have a problem with someone I'll tell that person, if I love someone, I'll tell that person, if I had a good day I'll talk about it, if I had a bad day I'll vent a bit and then move on. I don't see the point of really documenting everything. Hmm..

Years
  • I'm not one for writing things down about my life since I am usually able to always remember the good parts, but instead of keeping a diary to write about my life, I typically post to my blog.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • i've never kept a diary in my life. the closest i've got to that is writing down some random dreams in the notes app on my phone.

Years
  • I've had journal since 2001! I don't write in it a lot anymore, but I love to look back and read it. So happy I have it.

User19sq

I once had a fictional diary, with which I wrote down the day-to-day progress of a mad scientist trying to create something. It was more of a novel, but I also had some of my own personal stuff influence the progress.

I might want to revisit that...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Since 2012, I've been keeping journals. I used to write in them every day, but as time went on, it became just a weekly thing. All that I write in them is a summary of what happened during the week, and a running tab of things I want to get done.

I also have a dream journal, which I need to get better at keeping.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I tried to keep a diary when I was a kid. Several times. I would start off using it but I was never able to get into the habit of it. All as well, I suppose, since I take life day by day and try not to look back on it. So there's no reason for me to keep one to look back on.

Years
  • I love to collect journals. Friends and family know that sending me one on the holidays for a present will make me happy. Yet while I like to acquire diaries, I never write in them! Every time I enter Barnes and Noble I can't resist and will cave and buy one of their journals with the handsome covers, but I don't actually put them to use. I just horde them on my shelves like treasure. They seem too nice to mess up.

I do like the idea of keeping journals, but even when I actively try to write I have commitment issues. I usually start with a lot of enthusiasm and write or type sheets and sheets, but gradually forget to write. Something about myself that I would like to improve is that I'm inclined to leap from one project to the next on a whim

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    It wasn't necessarily a diary, but last year I would sometimes write my thoughts into my phone.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I started a bullet journal this year and.... stopped about 3 weeks in, oops. :( I wanna pick it up again though, especially for the first time in a while I've had trouble sleeping because there are too many things swirling through my head and being able to jot them down before bed would be helpful.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The most successful diary I kept was in late elementary/early years of high school, which was a diary shared between me and 3 other girls. I don't have the motivation to keep a journal myself, but it was really fun when we got to pass it around every week and see what everyone else was up to and thinking about when they had the journal. I think we actually got up to filling 3 whole diaries together, the second one I kept and I still flip through it every now and then.

I have some picture of it on my phone, I'll pick a few of the least cringey ones to share please keep in mind I was like 12
    ok scratch that the entries themselves are actually too cringey to show but here's like our "mailbox" and "rules", they're still pretty bad but not as bad

Spoiler:

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I remember writing one for a few pages in Year 2 which had some very questionable entries (I'll edit some photos in if I can find it) and also briefly in Year 8 + the end of last year. The Year 8 one has some cool memories from school excursions etc. whilst the last one I wrote just detailed my summer break! With the latter, I wasn't bothered to update it after a few weeks but it's a nice thing to do. :D

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • It seems like a good idea. Maybe ill do it when I start college or something. It will be a new chapter in my life, so it makes sense.

Back