• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your very first starter

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Umbreon and Espeon in Colosseum if we are talking in general. Torchic in Sapphire if we are talking about main series.

Years
  • i can't really remember which one I took first when I played Blue (i was too young >.<) but I do remember firered. I took bulbasaur, went up until viridian forest and forgot to save. I restarted and finished the whole game with my squirtle

Years
  • I *think* it might've been Totodile in Gold, but I remember using a glitch early on to get multiple starters, so I might be wrong. I think my first legit playthrough I picked Chikorita, though.

pkmin3033

Charmander in Red, and oh my god, did I regret it...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My first pokemon was Squirtle in Blue. Obviously I made the same mistake many of us did and only trained Squirtle, so I never finished. In fact, I didn't beat the Champion until Crystal. So I didn't even know Gold had Kanto in it until many years later.

First for other Gens:
    Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Chikorita. I started with Silver and thought Chikorita was the cutest of the trio.

(Outside the games, however, I think Squirtle was my first Pokémon toy.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    which was your very first starter pokémon? mine was squirtle in blue <3

Same here! I picked Squirtle for some reason despite Bulbasaur being my favourite. Perhaps I felt like it because of the cover.
    Oddly enough, the second playthrough I went for Charmander.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Torchic in Emerald. That the first ever TCG pack I got had a Torchic in it seems to have been the logic.
    The rest:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Mine was a Charmander in FireRed, boring and typical I know, but that was (and still is) one of my favourite starters of all time, and am glad I started my journey with it!

Back