• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
Hi everyone! Three things
1. I had no idea I made an account on this website.... TEN years ago... never posted and left it. Because of this hack here. Also I am a guy and have no idea why I made this my username and avi, LOL.
2. The other day I was searching up shiny gold since I got bored and saw on Reddit that there was an update. So, I searched it up and found this. I have since finished the game past Misty. I could not be happier, it gave me sooo much nostalgia. The game that got me into playing ROMs!
3. So, I've beat Misty..... and now I have no idea what to do. The path south to Fuchsia is still blocked off and I'm not sure how I can get to the other areas to complete the game. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to tag people or how it works on this forum but @hacksrepairman . I definitely downloaded it from one of your links so it should have the updates! If anybody could help, please do :)

Any solution for the "misty problem"? I am stuck as well...

Years
This was outdated, check out the Shiny Gold Discord for newest information!

Attachments

• Pokemon Shiny Gold Walktrough.pdf
    115.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
Thank you very much! Looking forward to your Version! However did the Version of hacksrepairman also end with misty and the train station pass? What about your version?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm grateful somebody made an X version of the completed hack. I started playing it and, no offense, it still seems ridiculously easy... Maybe I've played this game too many times? Does it get harder?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Hell YEAH - today I can proudly present you the NEW Pokémon Shiny Gold X version! Let me talk a bit about that, first of all 2 important things:

- This hack based on the last version of hacksrepairmans Shiny Gold edit. The original hack was created by Zel, and I also have not changed anything about the story and the ideas from Zel like hacksrepairman also does before. This means no PSS split, no fairy type and so on.

- The hack is NOT beta tested yet! This should not be a problem because no flags changed, no free space was used and so on, so the game would not crash and there are no broken mechanics. But anyway, if you found out some weird things, wrong balanced trainer levels etc. feel free to post it here.

So, what is this hack about? Some of you maybe remember the old days of Pokémon Shiny Gold with the long-standing Beta 5 version. This version ends after 13 badges and we all waited for years to hopefully get a finished version of the hack. But there was an X-version of Shiny Gold with higher trainer levels. Today we have the finished version of Shiny Gold, but no "X". So, I decided with the post #4000 in this thread to bring it back and fill Shiny Gold X with life again. Here we go, the details about this game are – stronger trainer levels, yeah. All wild Pokémon are unchanged. But I will tell you some details:

- NEW trainers in the new area south of Route 41. This area was restored from beta leftovers in one of the last big updates made by hacksrepairman. But I found some trainers out of bounce and put them back onto the map. This area is completely beta tested, no problems with the new trainers. For sure this area is also rebalanced and now feels like a true Sevii Island exploration. I am not sure whether you have to beat Trainer Red at first to open this area, but anyway – it is designed to explore it after collecting all 16 badges.

- Rebalanced Gyms, Gym Leaders, Gym Leader rematches (yeah, REMATCHES!), Elite 4 and Champ battles and even Trainer Red to HG/SS levels. All of these trainers have unique move sets, items, higher EV Pokémon and a better KI. Some of them are oriented on HG/SS, too, some are unique because new Generation 4 mechanics are not implemented in this game.

- Stronger Rivals (and rematches after the story, again) – yeah, you have some more of them in this game than in the original GSC games. All rivals are designed with unique attributes like Gym Leaders, E4 members and so on like I said before, too.

- Team Rocket is very weak in the original GSC games, so I rebalanced them, too. The first part of the big Rocket Story is able to play before or after defeating Chuck and Jasmine, so the level curve stagnates in this part of the game. Like in the original games I did not change something about that, but it should be a bit more enjoyable and less annoying to beat them now.

- And in general, all normal trainers are upgraded a bit. In Johto most of them are 2-3 levels higher than before, some of them needed higher upgrades to fit in in the overall rebalanced game. Kanto is a different thing, why the heck Gamefreak designed all trainers in the original GSC games so weak there? They are much stronger now, even stronger than in HG/SS to make Kanto finally enjoyable to play. Also, all other trainers in the game like members of SS. Anne, Trainer Battle Tower and other unique trainers who are not in the original GSC games are rebalanced.

So, that is the story about the new Shiny Gold X version, I hope you will enjoy it. Think about one thing – if there never was a HG/SS release, these 3rd Generation Johto hacks would be so much more popular than they are today. And I tried to "demake" a bit of HG/SS back into this game, because no one even thought about the remakes when most of Shiny Gold was originally designed. The old Shiny Gold X needed (for me) to much annoying grind on some parts, if the Johto level curve grows to fast there is no other way than grind, grind and again grind. But I think with the new one we found a good way between too much grind on the one and to weak trainers on the other side. Feel free to play this game as a Nuzlocke challenge, try to beat it with different teams or tell us your individual challenge if you have one. I am a big fan of Shiny Gold since so many years and it is one of my favourite hacks still today, so let us replay this masterpiece from Zel and hacksrepairman once again. Gotta Catch 'em All!

Edit: I forgot to tell you something about the "1trainer/1" thing. There are 28 trainers in the game, named 1trainer/1, 2trainer/1 and so on. You can save their phone numbers like in the original games and call them for a rematch. For the most of these trainers there are 4 rematches to do, in the first rematch they are named 1trainer/2 e.g., then 1trainer/3 for the next rematch and so on. Maybe this feature is a bit buggy because I found some of the rematch trainers out of bounce onto some maps, but this is the original idea behind this Zel had while creating Shiny Gold. So, I did not change anything here again, I only rebalanced them, too. The name helps you to detect these trainers. Feel free to use this feature and tell us your thoughts, thanks!

I'm very happy to see this come to fruition. Downloading and will get back with my thoughts.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm happy somebody is still working on this. Thanks for the effort. It's definitely too easy but as far as I can tell, Kanto is very improved. I'll update my version of the game with your new patch spider2MW.

Was Feebas ever added to the game? From doing some research, it looks like it was never in beta 5 so maybe it's not in this game either?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't know if I'll play the whole hack again, but it would be nice if the game was challenging start to finish.

I'm fairly certain Feebas is not in the game. I might just cheat to get one...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Did someone complete Kanto in the most recent update or is this a bug fix/QOL addition?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
hi, i can't wait to test this game, but what are the differences between shiny gold b5 and shiny gold x b5 ?

thanks by advance

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Would you be willing to add a gym leader rematch system? Vega, for instance, allows you to challenge them over and over again and really adds to the replayability. Since the VS seeker isn't in this game, you have to rely on people calling you for a battle and they're usually really weak.

Also, the P/S/S split isn't in this hack, correct?

Edit: The move Harden is strange. I was facing a Dunsparce and my Kakuna used it six times, maximizing my defense and each time the Dunsparce used rage it always did 3 damage each time, as if it were ignoring the stat boost. Defense Curl on Geodude seems to work fine, however.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Harden / Rage is cause Rage is able to boost up every turn. Try it out against another move and it will work! :-)

Rage, unless modified to act differently than vanilla gen 3, only gains power when hit by an attack after it's been used previously. It doesn't have Fury Cutter's effect, if that's what you're getting at.

Regardless, I no longer use Harden so I won't have to worry about it. Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Also, that's dope about the rematch system. Is it a one time rebattle or infinite times?

Back