• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
  • Good day everyone,
    May I ask on how to get Oak's Permission? (Because the game required to get his permission to trade from this game to ruby/sapphire/emerald and I'm in progress on completing my national dex on sapphire)

What exactly do you mean by Oak's permission? If you are speaking about Oak giving you the national dex, then you should know that in Shiny Gold, the dex you are given from the very start contains the national dex. Also, it's not advisable to trade between ROM hacks as it can possibly corrupt your save file.

Years
  • This one, have you had any clues/news on how to get on this permission?

Attachments

• 104933615_2620229451629649_3076893050763289803_n.png
      104933615_2620229451629649_3076893050763289803_n.png
      6.6 KB · Views: 66
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2021
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the info about gen2 fan remakes, but on this particular game I'm a bit confused about the versions.

If I understand well there's the original Shiny Gold by Zel, which is unfinished, then there's a pretty faithfully completed version of it by Hacksrepairman, also another one called Shiny Gold Sigma by Aiolia with an awful reputation.

But I also heard of another one called Ultra Shiny Gold Sigma (marketed as being by Alex and Zel), about which I can't find info on this site. Which version is it derived of? Is it actually by Zel? Is it just a new title for SGS?

I'm kind of wondering which one of these would be the best version to play. Thanks in advance for the answers!

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the info about gen2 fan remakes, but on this particular game I'm a bit confused about the versions.

If I understand well there's the original Shiny Gold by Zel, which is unfinished, then there's a pretty faithfully completed version of it by Hacksrepairman, also another one called Shiny Gold Sigma by Aiolia with an awful reputation.

But I also heard of another one called Ultra Shiny Gold Sigma (marketed as being by Alex and Zel), about which I can't find info on this site. Which version is it derived of? Is it actually by Zel? Is it just a new title for SGS?

I'm kind of wondering which one of these would be the best version to play. Thanks in advance for the answers!

My advise, play the complete version of Zel / Hacksrepairman. If you wanna know some more informations of beta 5 fixed version by Hacksrepairman try to visit the previous pages of this thread and download the latest version.

Years
  • Hey guys,

Why does Shiny Gold Sigma have an awful reputation? I started playing it recently, and heard that it includes a crazy amount of content, multiple regions, all Pokemon up to Gen VII, etc. Were these all lies? Should I stop playing it, and switch to "Ultra Shiny Gold Sigma?"

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Why does Shiny Gold Sigma have an awful reputation? I started playing it recently, and heard that it includes a crazy amount of content, multiple regions, all Pokemon up to Gen VII, etc. Were these all lies? Should I stop playing it, and switch to "Ultra Shiny Gold Sigma?"

It's not that the content isn't actually true. It's the execution and Quality from either one of them. Shiny Gold Sigma pretty much delivered a sloppy "expansion" version of Shiny Gold, and it's quality isn't great. Ultra Shiny Gold Sigma, as far as i know, doesn't it do better; by any means, it does worse. Furthermore, the ethics of said mentioned creator, not ZEL, aren't good. Considering he locked his game's download behind either a subscribe/follow wall or a paywall (forgot which one it was), it just says you're better off playing other Johto remakes.

Like mentioned before, play this, Liquid Crystal, CrystalShards or Golden Sun. Those are the Johto GBA remakes i recommend.

Years
  • It's not that the content isn't actually true. It's the execution and Quality from either one of them. Shiny Gold Sigma pretty much delivered a sloppy "expansion" version of Shiny Gold, and it's quality isn't great. Ultra Shiny Gold Sigma, as far as i know, doesn't it do better; by any means, it does worse. Furthermore, the ethics of said mentioned creator, not ZEL, aren't good. Considering he locked his game's download behind either a subscribe/follow wall or a paywall (forgot which one it was), it just says you're better off playing other Johto remakes.

Like mentioned before, play this, Liquid Crystal, CrystalShards or Golden Sun. Those are the Johto GBA remakes i recommend.
    Thanks for explaining that. Going to go ahead and quit playing this hack then; luckily I only played until Bugsy.
    That being said, appreciate the Johto remake recommendations, but I think I was more excited about the Shiny Gold Sigma hack because of the multiple regions available after Kanto and sizable postgame. I've played through G/S/C and HG/SS so much that I think I'll just stick to playing hacks with new regions for now.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • It's not that the content isn't actually true. It's the execution and Quality from either one of them. Shiny Gold Sigma pretty much delivered a sloppy "expansion" version of Shiny Gold, and it's quality isn't great. Ultra Shiny Gold Sigma, as far as i know, doesn't it do better; by any means, it does worse. Furthermore, the ethics of said mentioned creator, not ZEL, aren't good. Considering he locked his game's download behind either a subscribe/follow wall or a paywall (forgot which one it was), it just says you're better off playing other Johto remakes.

I do reccomend the games you've suggested.
    But, I don't recall Shinygold being behind a paywall when ZEL was around, was that a thing?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    Hi everyone! Three things
    1. I had no idea I made an account on this website.... TEN years ago... never posted and left it. Because of this hack here. Also I am a guy and have no idea why I made this my username and avi, LOL.
    2. The other day I was searching up shiny gold since I got bored and saw on Reddit that there was an update. So, I searched it up and found this. I have since finished the game past Misty. I could not be happier, it gave me sooo much nostalgia. The game that got me into playing ROMs!
    3. So, I've beat Misty..... and now I have no idea what to do. The path south to Fuchsia is still blocked off and I'm not sure how I can get to the other areas to complete the game. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to tag people or how it works on this forum but @hacksrepairman . I definitely downloaded it from one of your links so it should have the updates! If anybody could help, please do :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    All these should be fixed now.

The patch was updated for fixing some glitches. Thank jiangzhengwenjzw for his hard work, many glitches couldn't have been fixed without him.

UPDATE:

Changelog:
    • Fixed incorrect map preview screen in RADIO TOWER, MT. MOON and TOHJO FALLS, ROUTE 31, DARK CAVE.
    • Now you can fly to CHERRYGROVE CITY and LAVENDER TOWN.
    • Fixed incorrect fly spot coordinates in MAHOGANY TOWN and BLACKTHORN CITY.
    • Fixed incorrect on-map coordinates for ROUTE 26, ROUTE 27, ROUTE 28 and MT. SILVER.
    • Fixed Name Rator event in LAVENDER TOWN.
    • Fixed incorrect pokemon printer multichoice box.
    • Corrected LANCE and SILVER's battle transition screen (pre-battle mugshot).
    • Correct badge count (0 ~ 16).
    • Fixed National Park related bugs.
    • Fixed Dark Cave Item Event.
    • Fixed Kurt event step count.
    • Fixed Blackthorn CIty/Dragon's Den map tiles.
    • New Region (Leftover in original Shiny Gold, access in Route 41).
    • Gold's avatar on town map.
    • Fixed Power Plant PokeCenter event.
    • Misc minor fixes.

The old link still works:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips/file

So sorry to double post - just wanted to quote you since I don't think tags work on here (sorry, used to Smogon and other forums) - as I ask in my post right above, I just beat Misty but I don't know where to go next as the path south of Fuchsia is still blocked off. Thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Hi everyone, in Pokémon shiny gold regarding the old man next to the pokemart in Pewter City. He supposed to give Silver Wing, right? I received a Mystery Ticket. Is that a glitch? Or that how it's supposed to be. Btw, I'm new here. Greetings from Malaysia

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hi everyone, in Pokémon shiny gold regarding the old man next to the pokemart in Pewter City. He supposed to give Silver Wing, right? I received a Mystery Ticket. Is that a glitch? Or that how it's supposed to be. Btw, I'm new here. Greetings from Malaysia

Of I recall correctly, the mystic ticket is a mytsery gift option that lets you go to Navel rock if you want to catch Lugia. Since shiny gold is a very old hack and scripting events back then was a hassle, I assume Zel (the creator) did this as an alternative way to attain Lugia. Did you check whirl islands after getting the ticket thoough?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Thanks for your reply. I checked whirl islands and managed to catch Lugia. I also caught Mewtwo, rayquaza, kyogre, regirock, registeel, deoxys and Mew. Guess all that's left for me is the to find the legendary cats/dogs, then the game is over, I guess? Thank you everyone. Cheers

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2021
    How do you get the tm for thief?

(Yes it's late reply, i guess)
    Go to goldenrod city > Talking green guy (forgot name this lol)
    Spoiler:

it give to you Swablu then take the mail
    next go to Route 31 and talking to white fat guy (like sleep?)
    thats it. you get TM thief.

if im wrong or right

Oh and my questions.

i dont think someone found bug already or something.
    (Bug )1. you dont have TM Cut. but you can use headbutt on berry tree then small tree is gone

2. What's good farm more exp on route/trainer?

3. Where is torchic and Ditto location area?

4. is possible get Chikorita and Cyndaquil from trade? (i pick totodlie)

5. How i get Berry Crusher?

6. What's wrong is old guy in the Radio Tower with colored ball game, I payed 30-40 times always get white ball. waste of money, ins't it?

EDIT: Where to get TM vine whip?
    dont bother me, I'm not good english. just asking

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, anyone playing this awesome game in 2021? I take a deeper look in it and still found some things to talk about.

Lets start with the only "bug" I've found - this is the missing flying points to Lake of Rage and Mt. Silver - can @jiangzhengwenjzw or @hacksrepairman say why they don't implement them during their last optimisation? I know we only want to keep the original ideas, but for me this is one cause you can also fly to this points in the original GSC games.

A few days ago I played the new area south to Route 41 for the first time - awesome! But I thought "why there are only a few trainers?". Cause most of us are only sitting at home due to the f*cking corona virus I decided to take a deeper look into the game with Advance Map. And I found out that there are many trainers "out of bounce", you can only reach them with a cheat to clip trough walls and go anywhere on the map. But it is easy to see using Advance Map. I attach a few pictures, if you want to know all locations and trainers I can list it here. I think in Zels plans all these trainers should be able to battle regulary. You can battle them too for now, but you need to clip through walls to do this. Some of them have a big space in their textboxes also. I think this must be corrected to finish the new region completely.

One other thing about the new region is the incorrect map positioning on the new area south of Route 41 on Red Route and all eastway locations. There is also a picture to show this, I again can tell you the exact spots there the problem comes up if you want.

Attachments

• Map Spot.JPG
      Map Spot.JPG
      85.8 KB · Views: 18
    • Red Route Trainers.JPG
      Red Route Trainers.JPG
      163.2 KB · Views: 15
    • Blue RouteJPG.JPG
      Blue RouteJPG.JPG
      217.2 KB · Views: 15
    • Kalm City Nousar.JPG
      Kalm City Nousar.JPG
      161 KB · Views: 16
    • Space.JPG
      Space.JPG
      111.3 KB · Views: 17
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I've checked the trainers cause in the rematch fight agaist Blaine his Rapidsh came up with Razor Leaf...and as you can see here, maybe something went wrong. Rapidash with Razor Leaf would be illegal and I don't think it was regulary planned to fight against illegal Pokemon during the rematches.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
      Unbenannt.JPG
      92.9 KB · Views: 17
    Last edited:
    Back