• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think PokéCommunity will stay active for a long time?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • yes, but only if we capitalise on our one single strength over any other forum of this nature: rom hacks.

if 90% of our efforts continue to go to 10% of our purpose (i.e., we focus on everything but rom hacks) we're gonna die fast. hacks have been almost self-supporting on pc for over a decade while everything else has been constantly held up by efforts from the community and the staff, but the undeniably largest draw to pc cannot stay unattended any longer.

it's not nice to hear but pc is not and, for a long time has not been, a major pokémon discussion forum. to the world outside of our little community we're a hack website and we must make sure that we don't lose that any more than we already have.

serebii is a game information resource with a forum. smogon is a competitive battling centre with a forum (admittedly, a forum which synergises exceptionally well with the main site). bulba is an encyclopaedia with a forum. pc needs to stop acting like it's a forum with some rom hacks tacked onto it and embrace its real strength.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    As long as Gamefreak/Nintendo keep producing Pokemon content - be it handheld titles, console titles, the anime, or whatever - topics will be endless and the community will keep growing. And, we have so much original content for users to consume and contribute to beyond the topics, such as roleplays, visual art & design and hacks and games. Our community is already vibrant enough where it's relatively easy to make connections and build friendships and relationships. So long as Nintendo keeps producing content, our slice of the Pokemon fanbase will keep these forums alive & well.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    As long as it stays in your heart, my dear; as long as it stays in your heart. ;)

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i'm sure it will be. it has great members and a strong community with good discussions. as long as pokemon is still a thing i'm sure this forum will still be around.

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • I'm positive that it will last for a long time.
    The community is warm and colourful, and there's a lot of categories ranging from art to entertainment. There's always something to talk about.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I really hope PC lasts a long time, even when I've moved on. As for strategies to keep PC afloat, I am not sure. Other members (namely @Nihilego) are demonstrating that ROM hacks are the bread and butter of PC, and personally, I have had little interest in those sections of the forums; however, if this is true, PC should focus its efforts on that section because without that section, the rest of the forum that we love and enjoy may fall to pieces.

Personally, I think it also really comes down to how much longer the Pokemon franchise and Gamefreak will continue to produce Pokemon games. The Pokemon discussion forums are significantly more active than the past generation forums from my experience.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • I'll give it 5 years tops.

Just kiddin, PC will last as long of Pokemon lasts, though it will probably shrink but it won't really die.

Years
  • I mean I see Game Freak making Pokemon games for a long time, so there will always be fans of the series and new users for the forum.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I don't imagine this place dying out any time soon. I've been off and on here for like 12 years or so and it's just as active now as I've ever remembered it being.

Years
  • This community has been active ever since I started lurking 6-7 years ago when I used to play ROM hacks. I don't see why this can't continue, especially since Pokemon (and by extension ROM hacks) isn't something that's going to die out any time soon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    A lot of you have been saying that PC will last for a long time either because Game Freak will probably keep making Pokemon games for a while, or because "PC's always been active". But why do you think that? Will that really be enough?

As long as they keep making new 12 year olds.
    you should send your kids here when they turn 13 ;)

Years
  • What I think will keep it here for a long time is if most people around here made friends with each other. It's one thing to just go ahead and post to something and look at conversation, but when you make friends with people and look forward to coming online that is when a forum becomes more active and stays active. I've yet to have that happen to me on here. I have one person that I talk to on here from time to time but with work and all it's hard to really stay connected. I have been trying to come back on here more often and do just that and the Fire Emblem Heroes thread has been helping me with that. I think the friendship thing to definitely be true because I've seen it before on a site called thewiiu.com which was a WiiU forum and that place was active as hell at some point because almost everyone were friends online or irl and constantly wanted to talk about anything and everything. If this forum increases that sort of social interaction and it continues then this place won't die for a while. Same for any forum.

Funny thing I remembered about the WiiU Forums was that another site before it was a 3dsforum made by the same person. Everyone who was already on and friends in that site migrated to the WiiU one and continued that constant activity. I see that as an even bigger point to what I was saying.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I mean, PC exist for alreayd a really long time... it seems still very active. I'm pretty sure we won't see the end of Pokecommunity soon :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I'm personally surprised it's even still around. I haven't used this site in at least 10 years because I lost interest in rom hacks then suddenly out of the blue I got an email saying they reset my password due to some changes they made.

Back