• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV most recent television binge?

Years
  • for the sake of this thread, we'll consider binge watching to be watching at least six episodes of a show in a sitting.

so, what was your most recent tv binge? how was it? would you recommend the show to other people?

i think we watched like 7 episodes of the early 2010s sitcom Happy Endings last night. it was predominately on as background noise for me, but i watched like 60-70% of each episode.

what about y'all?

Years
  • I want to say something like CAOS but I can't... the last thing I watched 6 or more eps in one sitting was...

The Masked Dancer :(

Years
  • I... oh my god I can't actually think of the last TV show that I properly binged. Love, Death and Robots I guess? I sat through that in one sitting basically, I hope they make another one soon...

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    The Queen's Gambit - I hardly ever watch TV series these days as it is so hard to fit in time but I watched all of this in one go over Christmas break. It was amazing. I also more recently have been binging through The Office in small doses which has been fun, currently in the middle of Season 6 after watching it on and off for a while.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • The Queen's Gambit - I hardly ever watch TV series these days as it is so hard to fit in time but I watched all of this in one go over Christmas break. It was amazing. I also more recently have been binging through The Office in small doses which has been fun, currently in the middle of Season 6 after watching it on and off for a while.

i loved queens gambit!!! yas

Years
  • Two Disney Plus docuseries, one called On Pointe about a season at the School of American Ballet, and another called Pick of the Litter about how Guide Dogs for the Blind trains their puppies to be guide dogs. I binged through both in a single day.

Years
  • A rewatch of The Office and Parks and Rec. I always binge with my gf and we both love the former to bits, but somehow she gets bored of the latter and we'd have to stop midway lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    I've recently watched all of Arcane. (9 episodes at 40mins long a total of 6 hours in one sitting). A show based on the MOBA League of Legends. And I honestly have to say, it's a damn good show, even the animation/art style is damn good. The characters in the show develop seemingly well, the story is interesting, and the idea of science and magic being the same is always a cool concept.

I also just finished Cobra Kai just yesterday. Of course all in one sitting. I've been watching it since it's creation on youtube red and was happy that Netflix continued the series. I am pretty happy with the way the last season ended. Looking forward to what else they do with the show.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    The Owl House.

It's a fun show and while there are few things I'd change here and there it's pretty good overall, would recommend.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Currently speedrunning the English sub of Hoshi no Kabi (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!). Not sure if this counts as an anime or not but eh.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    oh wow! I watched it in English as a kid!
    DAT DERE KIRBY!
    how's the sub?
    Obviously adorable! Kirby is still the highlight in all terms. But the Japanese version doesn't shy away from the kinds of things 4Kids typically scrubs from its adaptations (and did, in this case). There's depictions of alcohol, guns, text that isn't arbitrarily removed from any books/signs -- at one point Dedede actually burns a book. I wouldn't say it's a gigantic improvement or anything in terms of plot, it's still very much "the Kirby anime" and all about the pink boi on his adventures. But by FAR what makes the sub better than its English counterpart is the complete removal of that terrible intro song. God that was so annoying, lol.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • idunno I feel like the intro adds to the charm of the English version, and Dedede is certainly the star of the show there haha, him and his evil org was always my fav thing about the show as a kid.

I will have to give the Japanese OP/intro a listen and see how that is!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've grown a lot more disciplined / because I have a bunch of new Pokémon games I don't find room for more than 1 episode per night.

That said, I think I did SAS: Rogue Heroes over 3 weeknights, which translates to 6 of about 18 hours of free time devoted to that series. Great show that opens with a disclaimer that the least believable events depicted are the most likely to be true if you research it afterwards. Alfie Allen, Jack O'Connell and a guy who apparently did Sex Education as the leads.

A long while back now, but I ate up the 2nd season of Upload in one weekend, likewise Invincible.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I definitely watched more than 6 eps in one sitting of The Mentalist a few weeks back 8) i was in a bad place...

Now I don't have nor give myself that time. Might again around Christmas, hehe.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    i watched most of american horror story season 10 in two sittings and it's genuinely terrible so bad awful how did anyone enjoy it

Back