• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever attend Cons/Conventions?

Years
    • Seen today
    Have you ever gone to any conventions? If you have, which were your favorites?

I've only ever attended one, and it's hard to believe it's been four years.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I've only ever visited one, and it was the animecon 2017 in June. I enjoyed it so much, i'm planning on going in 2018 as well.

User19sq

I've only gone to a couple when I had money back in the day. They were hella fun. And some eye-candy walked around too, but that's a given. -w-;

Years
  • I've been to Anime Expo a couple of times from past years and I cosplayed as Pikachu which was fun. Alot of people liked my Pikachu costume and were taking pictures of me. I've also been to comicon which was my first year going.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Doesn't seem like the kind of environment I'd like. A lot of loud and obsessive fans crammed into a finite venue that probably has insufficient air-conditioning? No thank you.

Years
  • A long time ago I went to a convention and I can only remember that it was when Batman Begins came out and Christian Bale was there and I won one of the raffle tickets to meet him but I had no idea who it was so I gave the ticket to some passing stranger.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Yes! I attended some conventions, my favorites were the ones about videogames. Got me some merch as well. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I wish! I'd love to attend a gaming convention, made plans with some friends to go to PAX West earlier this year but the tickets sold out SO fast. We were even following them on Twitter and everything with notifications on so we know right away when the tickets started selling, but they were gone within like half an hour or something.

I want to go to a lot of these events, but not really bad enough to spend hundreds of dollars or fly too far away. PAX West is within a driveable distance for me, but every other convention is just too far away. I really wanted to go to Blizzcon to meet my favorite streamers, plus they have some cool giveaways and Hearthstone events, but it's in Anaheim and $$

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • God I wish. My dream, or at least one of my dreams, is to go to PAX west or PAX east. Or playlist live. Like, I just wanna meet my faves pls is that too much to ask

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Yeah, I went to a train convention a long time ago, but thats about it. Like others have stated, it would not be comfortable being surrounded with loud, obsessed fans

Last edited:

TY

been to a gaming convention twice, ended up being lost till the end of the event every year and some weird shit happens that it ends up in a disaster, but i always make profit from it

10/10 will go again next year

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I know my group has gone to ColassalCon every year and it's always a blast to go. We've also done a few smaller ones and they all go to Youmacon in Detroit. I've yet to go to that one though. We've done Yu-Gu-Oh, Avatar/Korra and Pokemon.

Years
  • I've made at least one every year going back to 2012. Meta Convention 2012, AniMinneapolis 2013, Anime Detour 2014, 15, 16, and 17, and A-Kon 2017 is my track record so far.

Ones I haven't been to yet that I want to make at some point are one of the 3 American PAX ones, Anime Expo, Otakon, and San Diego Comic Con.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Mainly comic con for two years straight. Was very interesting the first time i went, then the send time I went didn't feel much different.

This year I've gone to a gaming convention and also I didn't have much inteerest in the main events going on, I did have fun playing new games that were out (odyssey etc) and playing against others in provided setrups they had.

Back