• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever written a book, or do you plan to?

Years
  • I know quite a few people who are working towards publishing their own book, or have already done so. This is obviously a huge and time-consuming undertaking. Would you ever consider doing it, or have you already done it?

Years
  • Yup! I have a published children's book available on Amazon. I'd definitely do it again, but I'm more focused on my comic projects right now so I'm not rushing. I don't think I'd do anything through Amazon again though. They've been a pain in the ass to deal with.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I will absolutely write books in the future - mostly children's books (which I plan to illustrate) and whimsical fantasy/animal stories. Even if they don't take off, it'll be incredibly rewarding! I don't talk about my ideas though because I'm paranoid of them being stolen, ahaha...

Yup! I have a published children's book available on Amazon. I'd definitely do it again, but I'm more focused on my comic projects right now so I'm not rushing. I don't think I'd do anything through Amazon again though. They've been a pain in the ass to deal with.

What's the name/link, if I may ask? I'd be happy to purchase and promote your book, since I'll be introducing a lot of books to the children in my future prac classes!

Years
  • I will absolutely write books in the future - mostly children's books (which I plan to illustrate) and whimsical fantasy/animal stories. Even if they don't take off, it'll be incredibly rewarding! I don't talk about my ideas though because I'm paranoid of them being stolen, ahaha...

What's the name/link, if I may ask? I'd be happy to purchase and promote your book, since I'll be introducing a lot of books to the children in my future prac classes!

I'd prefer not to give that out for the whole world to see since my name is on it and I'd prefer to keep PC and my professional life away from each other. I've known you for a while though, so I can DM it to you in a bit.

Bay

Years
  • I've made a couple attempts at it! One was a historical novella I actually finished but the chapters are like very short, like one page short, and very likely lacking good description. Another was a mystery/crime story that was pretty much handwritten and I didn't get to finish.

I've been toying with a couple other novel ideas that are in the brainstorming stage at the moment. Real life is being a butt so I don't know if I'll get to the writing stage at all. If I do, I'm not sure if I'll go the publishing route or not since I think my ideas won't be marketable to agents and such.

Years
  • i had a couple pages worth of a superhero story i had drafted out several years ago. naturally, with how inconsistent i am, i fell out of that and never touched it again. i've yet to go back into any serious writing since, so i don't see myself producing a book in a looong time.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've tried a few different stories, but typically get lost somewhere along the way and lose interest. I have a doc I've been working in on and off for the past 5/6 years just worldbuilding for a series of novels, I just don't have the energy or mindset to actually get a proper start in it.

I'm not in a super big rush or anything though, since I'm not the type that would actively promote it even if it was something revolutionary so it's not like it really matters when I get around to it.

I'm actually leaning more towards just making a compilation of "short" "horror" stories at the moment, since I've been accumulating them for a while and just stopped posting them to PC in case I do end up doing something with them.

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • IDK about books, but I can write up pretty decent short stories! I have no trouble thinking 'em up! There is an old, dilapidated house just next to mine which has a creepy atmosphere, so I have no trouble finding inspiration for writing any sort of story! :p

Years
  • I'm currently writing my own book based on my life in a way. To help educate the youth and just tell my story. That's all I'll say not to give much of my idea away.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
  • Nope, never written a book. However, I plan to and am probably not gonna see those plans fulfilled till a while.

But I think the best part is seeing how things are coming along now. There's a friend of my family's who though he'd just be writing 2 books of his now 12 book series. I think a lot of what goes into writing a book and perhaps even the easyness that can come just takes experience. Why I'm focusing on finishing Shattered Crests book 1's first draft before I try anything else big or time taking.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would like to publish a book some day, yeah. But I have to learn to finish things first. I wouldn't even try to send something in before it was a finished product - and if it would have planned sequels or be a trilogy or something I'd honestly like to finish it all first. Just because otherwise, I just might not finish at all.

There's tons of ideas floating around in me, but I never get to actually write them down properly. It's a pity, and I'm not sure how to combat it. But also, me not doing it... Probably means that I don't want to do it enough? Can't lie to myself :3

I also really don't want to get famous lmao, so I'd probably publish under an acronym and try to stay secret for as long as possible.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah, I wrote a horror novel when I was seventeen. I wanted to publish it, but I backed out because I didn't think I'd be able to handle it if I had gotten any recognition for it. Nowadays, I definitely want to write another one, but would likely only post it online like my last one. I was in the process of maybe writing it, and got as far as drafting up how each chapter would go, and how all the characters would die. But, I couldn't write it, and probably won't. I just haven't...felt it? The spark to write this second novel. Does that make sense?

Years
  • When i was around 12 to 13 I wrote a comic series and a book about 2 crime-fighting dogs. I remember that they lived with a guy called Tomika Tazezkia and always ended up fighting a evil cat with hamburger minions.

Years
    • Seen today
    I wrote comics fairly often as a way to pass time. I only shared them with close family members.

Years
  • I've written a few books and published through Amazon, all of them are kids 8+ adventure/action.

One series is all my own design and is ongoing but the other series was a collaboration between me and my 9yo brother, whom we lost three years ago. After that, I removed our series from online. We'd gotten into the 3rd volume when everything happened, but the whole series was planned out. I tried several times to go in and finish everything, but it was not doing my mental health any favors and I haven't opened the file in a long time.

Back