• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

The internet appears to be predominantly populated by introverts, so it's not too surprising. It's also hard to gauge these things without all the visual cues we pick up on when face-to-face that tell us it's OK to talk - making eye contact, someone else's body language, etc...and nobody likes being rejected on any level, even if it's something as simple as being ignored when you want to talk. All it often takes is one or two bad experiences to convince people that everyone is going to be like that, so they don't initiate.

tbh there are times when I wonder why it's so difficult for me personally, because even though I'm introverted I am also outspoken - when pushed I don't honestly care what people think of me, so if I contacted someone and they didn't respond or didn't want to talk...well, that's on them. It's not like I have to interact with them on a regular basis, or have anything to lose by trying. I think it's probably just habit...maybe a habit I could stand to change. Life is too short to be shy, right?

Years
  • i've worked a bunch of customer service jobs over the years to the point where interacting with people just comes second nature to me. i still don't really enjoy small talk (nor am i particularly good at it), but i can at least consider myself above average in my communication skills.

although i guess extensive interaction still burns me out after a while. x.x

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah same, I much prefer the forum to an active live chat. It's a lot more calming!

I also like Twitter better than live chat, for that matter.

Years
  • i like both for different reasons, the forum is nice when i don't want to chat live and keep up with messages actively (which is often) and it is relaxing for me too, like Go said above haha

pkmin3033

Foruming is generally easier except for when nobody replies for ages and you think to yourself "oh shit did I kill the chat"

pkmin3033

Because it's big and intimidating and I...don't really know that many people on PC, honestly. Plus it's hard to keep up with the conversations in big servers =x

pkmin3033

I've heard of that...wasn't that a Wii game? I remember it being fairly well received but that's about it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Just got off work and I am OFF TOMORROW. /rolls

W-World of Goo?

Because it's big and intimidating and I...don't really know that many people on PC, honestly. Plus it's hard to keep up with the conversations in big servers =x

Oh me, that's why I'm not on more often, either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back