• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    All this stuff makes me feel old...lol. I know my group of friends would use Skype long ago when we didn't have lives like we do now.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've been busy with work slaughtering me during holiday rush, but right at this moment it's not too bad, so I've had more energy to check on PC.

I need to actually use Discord, but....

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I load up Discord only for PC's server, plan to talk and then just..... watch for a bit, because I'm shy.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I never even use Discord, I just load it up for ten seconds to remember, "Oh, I have a Discord!" Then don't log in again for weeks or months.

I'm just uninterested as a whole in messaging systems.

Years
    hello DCC how's it going :catsparkle:

honestly tho IM is great especially if it's for short chat and not extended discussions

pkmin3033

I used to have many, many extended conversations on IMs...not so much these days. I kinda miss it sometimes, but it feels like people gravitate more towards group chats these days, which I find kinda intimidating. That, or maybe nobody wants to talk to me one-on-one anymore xD

Years
    Sometimes when it comes to talking to people one-on-one over IM, you have to push yourself more to message them and they might feel more comfortable messaging you back!

pkmin3033

Yeah, quite often to get anywhere with conversations, you have to be the one to start them...at least, if you want anything more than a casual conversation. I've never found it difficult to talk to strangers irl, but I quake at the thought of trying to make friends with someone - I feel like a pest if I initiate anything. xD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    You what's terrible? Is that everyone feels that way? So no one ever talks, because everyone just goes in cycles of "I don't want to bug that person".

Not everyone, perhaps, but LOTS...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back